PDA

View Full Version : Viva Pinata For DS Announced

Elven6
August 2nd, 2007, 03:50
Microsoft development studio Rare is working on a DS version of its acclaimed Xbox 360 game Viva Piņata.
Developed at the UK-based Twycross studio, the game promises to be "a full-sized Viva Piņata game in your pocket," according to Rare, with the game set to include new characters as well as expanded features and game modes.
Earlier this month Microsoft announced that Viva Piņata: Party Animals for the Xbox 360 was in development at Krome Studios, and that the original title will also be coming to PC's via the Games for Windows initiative.
Rare has developed a number of titles for Nintendo handhelds since being snapped up by Microsoft in 2002, including puzzle game It's Mr Pants, published by THQ.
Microsoft had denied the studio would be working on DS titles in the past, but eventually admitted Rare has taken delivery of software development kits and was working on a project for Nintendo's best-selling handheld console.

From: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27173

What I want to know is why Rare is still making games for a Nintendo console, a rival console!

DimensionT
August 2nd, 2007, 06:00
Well, Microsoft doesn't have a handheld out in the market... And sence they hold most of the rights to Viva Pinata, they'll still be making money on the title. Even though it's for a rival system.

Plus, the DS's wide user base would serve well to make profit for them. Especially because Viva Pinata will reach a wide variety of gamers.

Nice marketing idea by Mircosoft if you ask me...

ish420ism
August 2nd, 2007, 11:32
This game should be pefect for DS. Control wise. The stylus could be the pinata stick

XDelusion
August 3rd, 2007, 04:01
HEY RARE! Want to make some money!?!?!

Port Golden Eye and Perfect Dark!!!

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 04:30
They should port it to Wii also, cause waving the Wii remote around pretending to hit a pinyata would be fun (compared to playing Baseball on Wii Sports)

Tripsk8er333
August 3rd, 2007, 04:42
HEY RARE! Want to make some money!?!?!

Port Golden Eye and Perfect Dark!!!

Hell Yeah!! I loved Those games.:D

I REALLY Wish they would do this. The DS needs more FPS.;)

ShinMike
August 3rd, 2007, 17:50
wish this game was about beating pinatas with sticks :D

wiggy fuzz
August 3rd, 2007, 19:39
wish this game was about beating pinatas with sticks :D

a pinyata court-room, where the punishments handed out are to spend a day at a childs party :D

i can see people intentionally telling their pinyatas to break laws and stuff purely for this opportunity