PDA

View Full Version : GTAIV delayed until 2008's second quarter

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2007, 23:49
Taken straight from the press release:

Launch of Grand Theft Auto IV Now Planned for Fiscal 2008

Take-Two Interactive Software today announced revised revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2007.

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008. Additionally, Take-Two is updating third quarter and fiscal year 2007 guidance to reflect the movement of Manhunt 2 for the PS2, PSP, and the Wii out of the third quarter and the fiscal year.

Things are not looking so good for Rockstar/Take-Two....

JKKDARK
August 3rd, 2007, 03:35
Well I'm still happy because the release dates for both versions are the same

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 04:01
All of Rockstar's games are being delayed and pushed back, I hope Rockstar sorts themselves out in the near future as they are sure to be upsetting a whole load've people who are long awaiting these titles! (Manhunt2 for me) :D

gdf
August 3rd, 2007, 11:06
at least there won't be as many games out in august to october. i wasn't going to have enough money for all the games anyway...

Mr-S
August 3rd, 2007, 11:45
man! i had a reasn to buy a games for my bro's 360... i gotta wait more :(. neways du ne1 think there'll be a an andreas story for psp???

gdf
August 3rd, 2007, 13:02
unlikely it would be too big to fit on umd. there would need to be at least 2 or 3 umds and you might have to change umd every time you went too far. the draw distance would also suck. maybe if they used one city, say los santos stories and made the place bigger. that would work well.

blakey87_1
August 3rd, 2007, 21:07
unlikely it would be too big to fit on umd. there would need to be at least 2 or 3 umds and you might have to change umd every time you went too far. the draw distance would also suck. maybe if they used one city, say los santos stories and made the place bigger. that would work well.

That would be.

I always new this game would be delayed though, for what ever reason, its simply just to big a task

gdf
August 3rd, 2007, 21:32
an e3 vid said it looked a bit shaky and there was a lot to do for 2 months, so they probably relised that and decided to shift it back.

Boardman2411
August 8th, 2007, 21:55
the extra wait had better be well worth it, or there will be many people who will be disappointed when they finally get their hands on the game