PDA

View Full Version : DScent Alpha 4 - Descent Port to Nintendo DS

wraggster
August 3rd, 2007, 18:59
http://blog.dev-scene.com/kayvenm/files/2007/06/new.jpg

Kayvenm (http://blog.dev-scene.com/kayvenm/) has updated the port of the FPS game Descent for DS.

Heres whats new:

Well, it’s been a while since the last release, almost 2 months. Various real life stuff happened but here we are, alpha 4 !

New features :

Music ! (make sure to put the midi.nfs file with your other descent files)
Press start + select to switch between the hud and keyboard while in-game, can be used to enter cheats. (Switching is a bit tricky, I know)
You can now move all the games files to the dscent directory (this is optional)
Bug fixes :

Fixed a crash that happened on the automap
Fixed the exception screen, now it will display text properly instead of just a red and white screen
Not tested, but I rewrote the save game writing code for those who were having corrupted save games, please post feed back
There’s probably other stuff I’ve forgotten to write down in my notes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sir_Voe
August 3rd, 2007, 19:30
This is one of the projects I always keep an eye out for updates on, and this one did not dissapoint. It's one of the most polished ports I've seen, and the addition of music only adds to the commercial quality. Great to be able to put everything in dscent directory as well.:thumbup:

Echo1
August 3rd, 2007, 19:48
Another great update. Cheers.:)

Maythius
August 3rd, 2007, 22:04
HOLY CRAP! Love the update!:thumbup:

skipboris
August 4th, 2007, 00:03
Will this run on supercard lite or cyclo EVO?

Smothermunchie
August 4th, 2007, 01:50
Could someone kindly tell me what are all of the files required to run this and how they should be specifically placed in folders?

There isn't a readme file that gives any good directions as to how the game should be installed.

By the way, I have the CD version if that matters at all.

Thank you. :)

dark.nowhere
August 4th, 2007, 02:07
Could someone kindly tell me what are all the of the files required to run this and how they should be specifically placed in folders?

You need the .pig and .hog files (and the midi.nfs). I had to scour forums to find this info myself. BTW, it must be the registered version, v1.4a or greater.

Smothermunchie
August 4th, 2007, 02:48
Thanks Dark!

douglasamcintosh
August 4th, 2007, 07:03
Do the files still have to go in the root folder ?

aaronblood10
August 4th, 2007, 08:14
Wow..this game is really cool

Gonzo
August 12th, 2007, 04:35
You can now move all the games files to the dscent directory (this is optional)