PDA

View Full Version : I can't connect to the internet, even if it says the connection is ok

HumanIce
August 3rd, 2007, 21:02
edited:
ok, it says: "Wiiconnect24 and Wii shop channel service is not currently being offered" now.. what does that mean anyway? I've updated my Wii and all..
and the connection is fine, but can't enable internet for wii.. it works on DS lite and all..
but what do I need to do? I really need an answer..
and I just.. want to play VC games, that's kinda why I bought Wii.. and I can't get to the Wii shop..

HumanIce
August 4th, 2007, 01:48
-_- I'm still waiting for an answer..
guess I'll go to sleep now.. ugh Wii sucks.. I played Gamecube a little on it..

shiftybill
August 4th, 2007, 08:15
what sort of router do u have? are u using encryption? try restoring the wii's default settings, is it a modded wii?

HumanIce
August 4th, 2007, 12:43
I just figured it out! it's the router, it sucks, and it's icelandic, I searched another question like this on google, and figured out asnwers like this only came from iceland, and that means you can't do this using the awful ass "hive" router here in Iceland.. so.. I'm ****ed. I need to do this at my moms house now with a different router she has -_-

HumanIce
August 6th, 2007, 13:36
ugh! I can't stand it! I can't play VC games yet.. -_- someone help me!!

-Xandu-
August 6th, 2007, 13:44
It still doesn't work with your mom's router?

red daze
August 6th, 2007, 17:39
I'm getting the same message - 'wii shop and wiiconnect channel services are not currently being offered'
Wii is a week old, and updated.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

HumanIce
August 14th, 2007, 20:57
I'm getting the same message - 'wii shop and wiiconnect channel services are not currently being offered'
Wii is a week old, and updated.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
HEEEEEEELP!
oh god! this is so terrible! we guys need help with this.
now, I've tried my moms router, dads router, and even the router at my grandmother.. nothing work.. this sucks.. and sucks so bad.
I think I have an Idea, "Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector", that is a usb you plug to your pc, and that way connects your wii, that SHOULD work, since it's made by nintendo, also it says you can use that for Wii in the manual.. even if it was originally for DS.
but I just need to buy it somehow, I tried to buy it at computer stores today, but they didn't have it. so I guess I gotta buy it from ebay. somehow.. my dad needs to do it for me, or I'll have to wait in a year, and my bro turnes 18 and he gets an credit card and can buy stuff from ebay..

EDIT!:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nT_ZrumqHik&mode=related&search=
I got it! he says "you NEED the nintendo wi-fi usb connector to go online wireless" why couldn't they just do it like it is done with the DS.. instead you need to buy some crappy usb connector to go online.. damn it.

HumanIce
August 17th, 2007, 20:50
GOD DAMN IT! son of a B!
I just bought Wi-fi Max USB, and it works on a same way as the "Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector"
and I can connsect to it, I can do the same sh** as I could do with my router, but the same error comes.
AND IT DOES NOT WORK, that's it!!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!! I'M CALLING NINTENDO, AND I'M GONNA SAY MY WII IS A PEICE OF CRAP, AND I NEED IT TO GET FIXED!!!

HumanIce
August 18th, 2007, 15:11
whhooooaa!!
I JUST FIXED THE PROBLEM o_o
so.. the "Wiiconnect24 and Wii shop channel service is not currently being offered" error HAS A CURE.
change your country in options to "United Kingdom" and the error will be no more, and you WILL be able to agree to the shop channel..
this error was really gay, and just a waste of my time..
but I've finally got it fixed..
EDIT: and also a waste of my money! I bought "Wi-fi USB connector" when I didn't even need it, my router works fine, and works in the same way as the w-fi USB.. but it's still fine to have that USB around..

HumanIce
August 22nd, 2007, 03:19
awesome.. right now I'm writing this on my internet channel in my wii.. totally awesome. and I'm playing awesome VC games.. F-Zero X, Super Mario World, Sonic 2.. only have 900 Wii points left.. damn, can't afford Zelda OoT.. so I'm gonna download Super Metroid when it comes to Europe..
anyway.. if some one finds this on google trying to fix that error.. read my last post.
I was once a victim too lol