PDA

View Full Version : Games n' Music NDS flashcart info and more

TheXev
August 3rd, 2007, 21:59
I'm looking for information on this Games n' Music (http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&page=1&p=17&i=9069&s=8) Flashcart. I actually saw this available at the local Walmart and was wondering:

1) What all I can do with it?
2) Is it comparable to other popular flashcarts systems?
3) Other peoples personal experience with this item.

It says it supports Micro SD cards, and I already have a 1GB one for my cellphone.

I am also wondering about the compatibility of different flashcart systems. I've been looking for an "FAQ" to answer all of my questions but haven't found one. I hear the version of of DS/DS Lite you have makes a difference too. How do you tell what verison of the DS you have? I've looked on my DS Lite, my DS Lite's original box...

I've also read about firmware flashing of the DS. What are the reasons you do this besides getting rid of the Health Warning screen?

I'm not really interested in the GBA end of things, only the DS... so... any information anyone could help me with would be much appreciated. ^^;

ButterBeer121
September 7th, 2007, 22:56
DO NOT GET THIS. It is a total ripoff. The only good thing about it is the videos have pretty good quality. The audio quality sucks, and only 1 in 20 homebrewed games work. You can't load ROMs, and it comes with a shitty 128mb micro SD card.

TeenDev
September 8th, 2007, 02:03
It's actually not that bad... I had a review unit and its pretty nice. It has great video quality, music quality. Even the homebrew compatability is better than its forerunner the MMD. It will not run ROMs but only a noob pirate like butterbeer would want to run pirated games. It is a great starter homebrew cart!

Retardedcow2000
September 9th, 2007, 19:45
I happen to have a Games n Music Device, and I must admit that I have to agree with TeenDev on this one. It's not that bad of a flash cart! I've spent many nights trying to figure out how to boot commercial backed up games and I've only been able to do a few of them with the help from my Flash2Advance 256MB Card. Other than that you can patch the homebrew games with a DLDI patcher and the Games n' Music DLDI file, that way you can run more homebrew!

ButterBeer121
September 16th, 2007, 03:11
Sorry, when I posted it I did not know that there was a DLDI patcher. I bought it months before it was released, and none of the games worked without the DLDI, so maybe I'll dig it up and give it another chance. Either way I already bought a R4 so I'm happy.

kcajblue
September 16th, 2007, 11:26
you guys please dont talk about commercial roms.
that is against the rules here.