PDA

View Full Version : 3.40oe not runnin some brews

hacksparrow
August 4th, 2007, 10:41
i just made the jump this week to 3.40oe.

prior that i was usin dh52 with 3.11fw

i am unable to run dgen170, snes++TYL, gbsp and others many were kx'd on sei and runnin on a US unit...it seems like it is only affectin emus and not actual brews themselves

i have a white JP unit which runs the emus and other brews perfectly which is also runnin the same 3.40oe and dh52 before that.

is anyone else havin this problem? i understand people have moved on to the greater m33 cfw's but those cfw's don't affect brews at all so it is not concern of mine

should i just go back to 1.5?

i had never had a problem with brews before that

any insight is appreciated

Axelius
August 4th, 2007, 10:44
Did you put the games into the GAME folder or the GAME150 folder?

hacksparrow
August 4th, 2007, 10:51
Did you put the games into the GAME folder or the GAME150 folder?

on both units i placed them in the "game" folder and i have no problems at allin the jp unit, the us unit plays nesterj 1.20b2 perfect also, so i am perplexed

Axelius
August 4th, 2007, 10:59
You have to put them into the GAME150 folder. If there isn't any feel free to create one right next to the GAME folder. Mind the spelling! (All CAPS)

Skyline9363
August 4th, 2007, 11:50
Also you need to check to see whether your kernel is set to GAME150 you can do this by getting into recovery (Hold R on startup) then configuration then Game folder homebrew 1.50 kernel

Axelius
August 4th, 2007, 12:07
Also you need to check to see whether your kernel is set to GAME150 you can do this by getting into recovery (Hold R on startup) then configuration then Game folder homebrew 1.50 kernel
Many people keep saying this, but somehow this isn't true. My kernel is set to 3.40 and I'm not having problems...

Oh and another idea: Sometimes the advanced options in the recovery menu get all switched to enabled. If this has occurred to you try disabling all of them.

Chameleon
August 4th, 2007, 12:13
The option for changing the kernel only applys to the GAME folder...

if 1.5 kernel is loads all homebrew from the GAME folder is ran off the 1.5 kernel

if 3.40 kernel is loads all homebrew from the GAME folder is ran off the 3.40 kernel

Axelius
August 4th, 2007, 14:15
The option for changing the kernel only applys to the GAME folder...

if 1.5 kernel is loads all homebrew from the GAME folder is ran off the 1.5 kernel

if 3.40 kernel is loads all homebrew from the GAME folder is ran off the 3.40 kernel
Ahh, finally I got that...

hacksparrow
August 5th, 2007, 00:15
thanks guys but none of those recomendations are workin, i also configured it exactly like the jp and still no result... do you think i should reflash?