PDA

View Full Version : PSP not reading memory card

ShinShoryu
June 21st, 2005, 21:00
I just got a 1.0 PSP, was playing an NES emulator when the battery died. SO i turn the PSP back on and it cant read the memory card. I put the other 32mb memory card in and it cant read it either. Also, 2 red lights are blinking next to the analog nub. Whats going on?

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 21:36
The lights on the left side of the PSP are your Network connection...click the switch down and they should go off. I would recharge the battery fully and try the cards again. Take the card out, turn the unit on. Then go all the way to the right so "Game" is selected and down to the "Saved Data Utility". Now insrt the Memory Stick and it should show up right below that.

If that doesn't work I don't know what else to tell you...good luck

:cool:

Greensprout
June 22nd, 2005, 01:57
The lights on the left side of the PSP are your Network connection...
:cool:

Not entirely true one is the Wifi light the other IS the memory card light which flashes green when data is been read..

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 03:15
Hmmm With all the swaping thats been going about lately. Is it possible you have got some tiny forign object inside it blocking the connectors from reading/wrighting to the card? To me sounds like the pins need cleaned. Good luck on that. I dont know what you would use.maybe carefully take a tooth pic Tip diped in a deluted Cleaning solvent and (carefully comb the pins with the tip) I cant stress How careful you must be doing this!
But if all other solutions failed. i have had to clean a memory card reader out this way before.Ive never dont it on a psp.. Just the idea gives me the chills tho :(

ShinShoryu
June 22nd, 2005, 03:28
Well my crap 32mb card is now working yet my 1 gig sandisk is not. I got if off ebay so I cant just return it at the store :( I hope I can my money back or get a replacement.

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2005, 03:31
Well my crap 32mb card is now working yet my 1 gig sandisk is not. I got if off ebay so I cant just return it at the store :( I hope I can my money back or get a replacement.

was it ever working, or did some guy just sell you a fuxed up mem card on ebay?

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 03:33
The card may have just got corupeted data on it. Have you tried refromating the card ? i would used a memory card reader to do this. you may not need to send it back bro :D At any rate im happy to hear it wasnt your psp :p

Greensprout
June 22nd, 2005, 04:00
[QUOTE=ShinShoryu]Well my crap 32mb card is now working yet my 1 gig sandisk is not.QUOTE]

I remember someone else posting about the 1gb Sandisks.. Maybe there's a dodgy batch?

Someone also said the Sandisk MS come with 5 years warranty..

ShinShoryu
June 22nd, 2005, 04:53
was it ever working, or did some guy just sell you a fuxed up mem card on ebay?

No it hasnt worked at all

The card may have just got corupeted data on it. Have you tried refromating the card ? i would used a memory card reader to do this. you may not need to send it back bro :D At any rate im happy to hear it wasnt your psp :p

Dunno but I dont have a memory card reader

Someone also said the Sandisk MS come with 5 years warranty..

I dont know how to go about using that warranty but I guess i'll have to figure it out