PDA

View Full Version : need help quick! i have 4 days left!

fg-54
August 5th, 2007, 00:17
hello, i need u guys to help me out here, so ya see, right now i am in Clombia, i had a modchip installed here so that my wii could play dvd discs, so far so good, but then i realised that my wii had this problem:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=revolution&message.id=3860002

so u see, i can't send it in to nintendo cause they will find the chip and say WTF? and i can't remove the mod chip and then put it back cause i leave to the US in 4 days, and i am not sure i can even just remove the mod chip cause I was not the one to install it, i have no idea what the huy did, and even if the guy was able to remove it, he would probably charge me some $. and i also don't want to remove it cause its like, almost free wii games.

so what do i do?

Nicko01
August 5th, 2007, 03:06
That really sucks. Because you installed that modchip, you voided your warrenty. Even if you take it back out, you cant take it back to nintendo.
I'd reccomend taking it out and trying to send it back to them and see if they fix it. They might charge you for it though.

Shadowblind
August 5th, 2007, 05:36
Wait, what? Is it broken, or do you just want the modchip out? Ah, crap......im sure there's a way. If its like the normal modchip, then it was sauttered in. try to see if they can unsautter it..

fg-54
August 5th, 2007, 19:18
3 days left, i'm gonna see if one of the stores that fix game consoles here can fix it, but i can't do it today cause its sunday, and i think monday is a hollyday here :(

EDIT: good news, i am taking my wii to a game system repair shop thing, i hope they can fix it.

another EDIT: it turns out i have a little more time, i leave this saturday, the guy who repairs wiis wasn't there that day, so i have to go there tomorrow.