PDA

View Full Version : Need a product recommendation

koiulpoi
August 5th, 2007, 05:28
No, I'm not asking for what kind of flash card to get, I've already got one.

My problem is, my hands are too big.

You see, I have a DS lite. It's a small little bugger. I love the console, and I love the games that are on it, but it's just too damn small. It's no problem for games that require the touchscreen, but for games using the D-Pad and the 4 buttons in addition to L and R, I just can't do it. After an hour or two of playing, my thumbs hurt. The joints do. It's because I have to bunch my hands up to fit them around the DS properly.

So, anyone know of a good solution to this? I was browsing Amazon and found This thing (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Stereo-Grip/dp/B000MCXTRM/ref=sr_1_1/104-6368134-2281526?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1186283634&sr=1-1), but I don't know how much it will help (anyone tried it?). It seems like it would be good, as it provides a bit of extra material onto the tiny DS, letting me move my hands into a more comfortable position.

BTW, I'm the kind of guy who thought that the original xbox (you know, the "ginormipad") was just about right.

Thanks in advance!

eomund
August 6th, 2007, 22:10
Man, you must have some big hands. That device might help give you some added leverage at the very least.
After a bit of looking, that looks to be one of the better choices.

ButterBeer121
September 8th, 2007, 00:12
Maybe you should go to you're nearest game store and check out the used old DS phats. They are alot bigger and maybe the clerk will be nice enough to let you hold it.