PDA

View Full Version : 1.52. . . will you ever be CRACKED!!?

YourStillWithMe
June 22nd, 2005, 04:24
Hey thats basically the question write there in the subject. . . Do you guys think that the 1.52 version be cracked anytime soon? probably 3-4 months eh? I wish I could load up some NES roms. That right there is a good 90% of the reason why i want a 1.0 or 1.5! Your opinions would really be appreciated. I just passed my rack of 200 NES games (my NES still works perfectly. . .;-) ) and I dream of checking that stuff out on my PSP i've found a great site to get NES roms as well if your interested! [link removed]

Thanks!

edited by fackue: no linking to ROM sites!

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 04:54
As long as $ony keeps updateing the firmware reguarly, People will be working on ways to crack the newer versions. There are all kinds of hackers/crackers out there that felt that the limelight was stolen from them when 1.5 was explioted.
And since there is no such thing as perfect security, (ie uncrackible software)
There will always be people working to achieve that very goal.
As for how long it will take, Who really knows, if i had to estimate how long it would take baised on the steady flow and the way things have been progressing.
Yeah i would say about two to three months.
But who really knows:p
But one thing assured to you 1.52 will most definetly be cracked.
Its only a matter of time:)

Cross
June 22nd, 2005, 06:14
Yes, time will handle it one way or another. I am sure we will see further development not just in cracks/work arounds but also in Emulator quality.

resinbowl
June 22nd, 2005, 07:09
im confused why 1.52 users would even care to run homebrew/emulators.
the 1.52 firmware was design only to prevent any known exploits of cracking the system.
it doesnt add any special features.

so why go therw that long and painful process of flashing your psp? its obvious what the outcome is gonna be.

Lord_Rob
June 22nd, 2005, 12:05
First 1.50 and 1.51 needs to be fully cracked. By that i mean no sway trick just one mem card. Then 1.52

Alpha2005
June 22nd, 2005, 13:29
It makes no sense cracking 1.51 then 1.52...seriously.

shizzle
June 22nd, 2005, 17:47
What?!?!?!!111, it makes perfect sence you n00b. if they crack 1.51 then 1.52 could be the same in terms of emulators, you don't try to run before you can walk springs to mind...

YourStillWithMe
June 22nd, 2005, 17:56
I am going to have to agree with Shizzle on that one. . . Alpha2005-Dumbasses (hence me ;-/) unfortunatly didn't know about emus before they updated and than i found this website and i literally tried to kick myself in the face. I agree with the 80% of the people out there I do HOPE/think it will be cracked in the near future. . . I already have plenty of programs-Sinobi, Doom, TP, the calculator, SNES emu, NEs emu ready for when that stuff is cracked and hopefully it will an attachment. . .

quzar
June 22nd, 2005, 18:15
ok, just in case it wasnt clear to ALL of you. discussion of cracking of 1.52 falls under the same rules as dicussion of cracking of 1.5 back before. If you don't have real information, then no asking crap.