PDA

View Full Version : Help with NES Emulation Disk

ravynfire
June 22nd, 2005, 06:03
I have gone through at least twenty disks trying to get this thing to work to no avail, every disk I make doesn't boot. I get the screen as though it's playing a CD but nothing plays and I can't change tracks or get into the games I have on the disk. I have tried both Gleam and NesterDC, both the most recent versions. DiscJuggler won't even start on my machine so I'm stuck with Nero v. 6 and Alcohol 120% for burning as those are the only two that will work fairly consistantly with my drive. I made a Sega Emulation disk with Nero from a .cdi just like this is and it works fine but every disk I make does the same thing. I have BootMagic and sbinducer and attempted to burn the image on both programs but both have the same thing. Also I tried mounting the image file in Daemon Tools and copied the image with Nero and Alcohol (I think, I've tried so many things now I'm not certain on what other program I tried).

Can anyone offer some advice? I'm really a complete novice at all of this... maybe I just don't have the structure right? I have an ip.bin and a 1st_read.bin and a games folder with all of my roms. I'm going nuts here! lol Somebody help me please? :o

Darksaviour69
June 22nd, 2005, 10:49
with nero 6 you have tom make TAO disks, DAO (the normal type) does not work

ravynfire
June 22nd, 2005, 12:40
Yes, I've made both versions and neither worked.

Christuserloeser
June 22nd, 2005, 13:03
I recommend Alcohol 120% or DiscJuggler - there are trial versions available for free.

Gleam is not not recommend - it's very very old. Try Nester with this tutorial by burnerO and Skyhawk:

http://dcemulation.com/files/emulators/NesterDC.exe

Believe me, most of us gone thru the same - you'll figure it out soon. Just continue to try and to ask :)

fackue
June 22nd, 2005, 20:52
With Nero 6.6 you need a TAO image and you must check finalize CD when you're about to burn it. If you do not check it, it will not boot up.

ravynfire
June 23rd, 2005, 16:30
Thank you so much for the help everyone! I've tried all suggested and followed the tutorial but the disk is still doing the same thing. Is there anything else I could try? I've burned it with both Nero 6 as a TAO and on Alcohol 120%.... Discjuggler won't run on my computer, it freezes when starting.

fackue
June 23rd, 2005, 23:12
Thank you so much for the help everyone! I've tried all suggested and followed the tutorial but the disk is still doing the same thing. Is there anything else I could try? I've burned it with both Nero 6 as a TAO and on Alcohol 120%.... Discjuggler won't run on my computer, it freezes when starting.
You did check finalize CD (no further writing possible), right?

ravynfire
June 24th, 2005, 04:57
Yes, I did.