PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Slime line power issue

Cokemusic
August 7th, 2007, 12:33
For some reason my PS2 Slimline adapter has completley stopped working , this isn't a problem with my PS2 ( I hope ) as I have tested my friends AC adapter on my PS2 and it worked just fine.

I ordered a replacement adapter on ebay and it hasn't arrived for over a week , i'm hoping this is related to the postal strikes currently in the UK.

Anyway i'm extremley bored and need a quick and cheap alternative , I tried connecting my 5V psp adapter to my PSP slimline which requires an 8.5V input but all it does it make the PS2 start up for about 2 seconds and then turn off.

Anyway I was thinking that if I get a universal adapter and connect the 5V connector end to the PS2 then turn up the voltage to 9 ( because 8.5V isn't availible on the adapter) would the PS2 slimline work ?

Cokemusic
August 7th, 2007, 12:35
For some reason my PS2 Slimline adapter has completley stopped working , this isn't a problem with my PS2 ( I hope ) as I have tested my friends AC adapter on my PS2 and it worked just fine.

I ordered a replacement adapter on ebay and it hasn't arrived for over a week , i'm hoping this is related to the postal strikes currently in the UK.

Anyway i'm extremley bored and need a quick and cheap alternative , I tried connecting my 5V psp adapter to my PSP slimline which requires an 8.5V input but all it does it make the PS2 start up for about 2 seconds and then turn off.

Anyway I was thinking that if I get a universal adapter and connect the 5V connector end to the PS2 then turn up the voltage to 9 ( because 8.5V isn't availible on the adapter) would the PS2 slimline work ?

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/9829701A64UC182398M.jpg

# Sliding voltage selector switch with power indicator.

# Convert mains to 3, 4.5, 5, 6, 9 or 12 volts.

# 7 interchangeable connector ends.

# 1.8m lead.

# Power on indicator.

# For use with protable music players, DVD players, cameras, electronic games and most other portable devices.

# Rated current of device must not exceed 1200mA.