PDA

View Full Version : Its Here no more swap for 1.5

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 12:24
just downloaded the kxploit for the 1.5 psp atlast no more swap tricks get it and you 2 can just be like them lucky 1.0 users.

Sir_Winston
June 22nd, 2005, 12:28
some linkehs would be nice

fantoboy
June 22nd, 2005, 12:29
agreed. unless it's made with a psp sdk?

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 12:36
heres the link enjoy sorry i didnt link before was playing snes...

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/kx-exploit.shtml

edit by wraggster :)

just goto left hand corner and under latest files download kxploit 1.5

Drift
June 22nd, 2005, 12:53
The file is the same, you just put both folders on the same stick, the first folder has a hash symbol added to the end of name. So you end up with, for example 'SNES%' and 'SNES'. There's no need to recreate the eboot files as the old ones work. Confirmed and working 100%.

ganon
June 22nd, 2005, 12:58
definately works WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
oh and make sure that the ms1 folder is renamed to eg sms% and ms2 sms and it contains the roms

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 13:06
please need help got the snes emu to work but dont know where to put roms! help please

Drift
June 22nd, 2005, 13:18
rtfm!

ganon
June 22nd, 2005, 13:21
aint it suppose o go in the roms folder? check the readme

also does ne1 get the corrupted data icon under the psp-launcher icon?

Psilocybeing
June 22nd, 2005, 13:22
please need help got the snes emu to work but dont know where to put roms! help please

When using the application bundled in the rar, place the roms in the directory WITHOUT the %. The directory with the % has the loader in, and the directory without contains the emulator.

Psilocybeing
June 22nd, 2005, 13:24

What you're seeing there is the emulator. As it is unsigned it just shows as corrupt data. I imagine the loader works along the lines of when the PSP loads an eboot file(when you hit X on it), it checks for signed code and strips and unwanted characters from the filename(such as %). The PSP then goes ahead and executes the unsigned code in the second directory(without %).

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 13:35
as a zip or not?

Psilocybeing
June 22nd, 2005, 13:47
as a zip or not?

Follow the instructions in the pdf to the letter and you will be gaming in no time.

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 13:53
Does anybody know if those nifty little emu intros work if you put them in the % directory? . You know they ones they made to throw in the launcher directory
for like the nes snes and such ?:cool:

Update nvm just tried it they work :D

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 14:05
do you put games in the one without the % as a zip or not?

Gamelver
June 22nd, 2005, 15:33
just tried this and it works like a charm :D....now all that's left for me to be in gaming heaven is for VBAPSP to run at near full speed with sound and a good N64 emulator :D

slayer2psp
June 22nd, 2005, 15:35
WORKS real good sweet no more swap :D

Mimx
June 22nd, 2005, 16:46
I cant download it, It keeps telling me Page Not found when I click on the Link, anyone have a way for me to download it?

thanks

Riotz
June 22nd, 2005, 16:51
Yah same here ... could someone post up a mirror or a link to an actual download plz.

Cross
June 22nd, 2005, 16:55
Agreed, I would like to try this.

Omatic
June 22nd, 2005, 17:03
The link doesn't work!! Why do you taunt me so!?

Mimx
June 22nd, 2005, 17:05
Cant anyone who has already downloaded it just attach it to their formu post?

Omatic
June 22nd, 2005, 17:08
They're prolly already busy using it. I know I would be.

Mimx
June 22nd, 2005, 17:08
Lol sadly its true

Frosty02
June 22nd, 2005, 17:10
It seems to only function, and load one rom in the % folder, i got it to work fine.

Any for on Doom with one mem card i tried the same process creating using the KXploit tool didn't work. gave it a try

One other thing i'm assuming that the reason some of the roms work slow is because of the clock speed of the psp correct, correct me if i'm wrong and how to fix it, the only game to seem to work the best was zombies ate my neighbors.

Any one else get corrupt data on the psp ms also.

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 17:10
someone tell me how to link my download to this messasge and i will link it

Frosty02
June 22nd, 2005, 17:12
Can somone post the KXploit homebrew pack v.01 here as well.

Mimx
June 22nd, 2005, 17:13
well when you hit the Post Reply button there is an option at the bottom that says Manage Attachments, I believe there is were you acn attach it to a forum reply.

Omatic
June 22nd, 2005, 17:21
alright! thanks

Frosty02
June 22nd, 2005, 17:23
I can't seem to dl from that site

JcBoyCool
June 22nd, 2005, 17:27
the link is broken. can someone make a new download.

J@F
June 22nd, 2005, 17:38
Can somone post the KXploit homebrew pack v.01 here as well.

The link doesn't work!! Why do you taunt me so!?

uploaded zipped versions in a Attachment

UPDATE
KXploit homebrew pack v.01 now has:
– PCEP - Update
– PSPPacman
– PSPuzzle
– BlackJack - Update
– VBAPSP
– PSPRICK
– HUEPSP

Omatic
June 22nd, 2005, 17:45
man, I tried to upload, it took like 10 mins, and then it said it wouldn't take the rar. Anyway, thanks J@F.

J sims
June 22nd, 2005, 17:47
here are the files that I got from psphacker.com

monsterbaldy
June 22nd, 2005, 18:02

Yes I do, I am interested if everyone does. Maybe this is normal? Have you tried deleting it?

brad666
June 22nd, 2005, 18:02
get this emu it works great on the 1.5 snes9x v0.02

aseddon130
June 22nd, 2005, 18:51
there are lots of links at www.PS2NFO.com go there guys ...

jimbob3000
June 22nd, 2005, 18:52
Does anybody know how to get it to work with Snes for psp 1.5.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xpsp150.shtml

urherenow
June 22nd, 2005, 19:57
Nobody pays atention...
You don't need to download anything! Use the memory card swap exploit tool., say with DOOM-PSP. Place the eboot.pbp from output/ms1 into PSP/GAME/DOOM-PSP% on your memory card then take the eboot.pbp from output/ms2 into PSP/GAME/DOOM-PSP on your memory card and put DOOM1.WAD in the same place. In the PSP menu, you'll see the launcher for doompsp and a corrupted data icon. just hit "X" on the launcher and it will load.

Shannon
June 22nd, 2005, 20:05
Confirmed. All you gotta do is rename the directories on mem stick 1. Add a % symbol at the end of the directory name and copy those directories over to mem stick 2. Then BOOT with mem stick 2.

You will see some directories listed as "corrupted" but just ignore them. The "corrupted" ones actually contain your homebrews and any roms you put (the directories without a percent symbol).

No need to download the new exploit. In fact I prefer to use the "PSP homebrew 9" myself since it allows me to customize the icons.

Kaiser
June 22nd, 2005, 20:25
Okay the new hack worked and it loaded sougen's awsome genesis emulator.

Anywho my only problem is that the roms are not showing up on it. I created a dummy roms% folder in the proper spot and as well put the real one with all my roms on it in the other. When i load the emulator up it comes to the nice red screen with no text on it. When i tried fiddiling with the buttons I managed to load up Sonic the hedgehog and it works fine. Then I went back (hit select) and started hitting buttons again and got Sonic 2.

What I wanna know is if this is an issue with emulator or due I have to create a dummy .bin folder for every rom in order for it to show up?

YaWhateva
June 22nd, 2005, 21:54
Does this work with v1.51 of the PSP? because like a jackass I updated it and now whenever I try to play it just gives me the "Game could not be started. (80020148)" thing.

*EDIT* Sorry didnt search before but now I did.

ArchAngel
June 22nd, 2005, 22:03
I just have to say... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!, I didnt have a problem with the memory card swap thing, but I just lost my other card yesturday, then I find this! Then after I get it working I find my card again... lol...

Also, a suggestion if any programmers read this... would it be possible to emulate the PSP as an SNES controller for the computer SNES Emulators? Such as connect the PSP through the USB port and use its commands through a program that directly links to the computer? Because when Im bored and feel like playing on the computer... I hate using the keyboard for a 16 command controller. Especially with diaganol movements....
And I dont mean this just for me, Im sure there are others that have this problem too...

Oh well, cya! and thanks again.

Gamelver
June 22nd, 2005, 22:40
Okay the new hack worked and it loaded sougen's awsome genesis emulator.

Anywho my only problem is that the roms are not showing up on it. I created a dummy roms% folder in the proper spot and as well put the real one with all my roms on it in the other. When i load the emulator up it comes to the nice red screen with no text on it. When i tried fiddiling with the buttons I managed to load up Sonic the hedgehog and it works fine. Then I went back (hit select) and started hitting buttons again and got Sonic 2.

What I wanna know is if this is an issue with emulator or due I have to create a dummy .bin folder for every rom in order for it to show up?
make sure you have the .fnt file in the same folder as the eboot.pbp file....I had the same problem :p ...

Zeno
June 22nd, 2005, 23:11
Link doesn't work.

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at psp-news.dcemu.co.uk

Also how is it non-swap if we still have to edit files on 2 memory sticks?

ArchAngel
June 22nd, 2005, 23:15
Zeno, you dont have to edit the files on 2 memory sticks

It makes 2 folders in 1 of your cards both names %FILENAME and FILENAME, FILENAME is like MS2 and %FILENAME is like MS1.

Zeno
June 22nd, 2005, 23:18
Oh okay, I didn't read the manual yet because the link is dead.

Kaiser
June 22nd, 2005, 23:25
make sure you have the .fnt file in the same folder as the eboot.pbp file....I had the same problem :p ...

ah.. thanks alot man

J@F
June 23rd, 2005, 16:33
I uploaded an update to the KXploit homebrew pack v.01 file
KXploit homebrew pack v.01 now has
– PCEP - Update
– PSPPacman
– PSPuzzle
– BlackJack - Update
– VBAPSP
– PSPRICK
– HUEPSP

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 18:35
I downloaded the bulk ZIP file containing all of the homebrews and emulators, copied two of the SNES emulator folders (both with and without the % variant in the right place), took two ROMS (Tales of Phantasia and FFVI), did same with one Genesis emulator (with the Mega Man Wily Wars rom), renamed both SNES files rom.smc in their respective folders, and named the Genesis ROM rom.smd, then copied them into the PSP folder.

Now, it might simply be because I have sadly upgraded to a 1.51, but whether I load up one of these emulators or a homebrew (namely DOOM), I get a message:

"The game could not be started.
(80020148)"
- uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y11

Oddly enough, I got the same message for ALL of my efforts. Does anyone know why this happens, and if it is because of the firmware (1.51) or some error on my end?

Thanks for your help.

MIKAA

mattdubois
June 23rd, 2005, 18:41
Could it be possible to put the folder with corupted data elsewhere so that "corupt data" does not show up?

Fly On
June 23rd, 2005, 18:44
Since I don't have a dreaded 1.51, I cant fiddle around with it to get anything to work. Since the swap exploit for v1.51 has 3 MS folders (1 for each card) instead of two, you would probably have to make 3 folders on your memory stick.
For now, if anything that comes up and says "for 1.5" in the title, don't instantly expect it to work on any version beyond, unless you want to experiment with yourself a little.

If its homebrew, it has to go in the GAMES folder to work. You can only put video files in MOVIES, mp3s in MUSIC, and pictures in PHOTO. Otherwise, it will show up as corrupted data.

mattdubois
June 23rd, 2005, 18:46
No, I have a 1.5. My question is does the swap file have to appear, can't it b stored in another folder than "game"?

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 18:48
Since I don't have a dreaded 1.51, I cant fiddle around with it to get anything to work. Since the swap exploit for v1.51 has 3 MS folders (1 for each card) instead of two, you would probably have to make 3 folders on your memory stick.
For now, if anything that comes up and says "for 1.5" in the title, don't instantly expect it to work on any version beyond, unless you want to experiment with yourself a little.

If it says 1.5, then there is a chance it MIGHT work. Never know.

And if the 1.51 does need to have three folders, any idea how one would go about using the KXsploit system to use emulators WITHOUT card swapping? I am a bit of a lazy bum.

mattdubois
June 23rd, 2005, 18:50
What I mean is do we need two icons for 1 app.

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 18:58
What I mean is do we need two icons for 1 app.

From what little I understand of the system, probably not. All of the folders must be in the same general location, thus rendering any movement useless.

mattdubois
June 23rd, 2005, 18:59
Cuz I was thinking, you know the way snes can load from a different location, even from the root. It's not really important, just for visuals.

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 20:44
Maybe when they finally hack the entire 1.5# series to where we just plug the emulator/homebrew right in. Sadly, that freedom is not to be for at least months from now...

mattdubois
June 23rd, 2005, 20:53
I'm happy enough for now!