PDA

View Full Version : Movie Trilogies

VampDude
August 7th, 2007, 21:20
What's your top 5 (favorite) movie trilogies?

Mine are:

(1) The Grudge

__: Juon (that white boy/girl thing) rules (I'm waiting for Grudge 3 in 2008) :D

(2) StarWars (Episodes I, II, & III)

__: Episode I sucked, but Episodes III made up for it big time by Anakin finally becoming Darth Vader in the last scene (but sadly that finished the StarWars movie saga).

(3) Lord Of The Rings

__: It wasn't that great, but there was quite a lot of action (especially in The Two Towers)

(4) Pirates Of The Caribbean

__: Don't know why, maybe because it's action packed and funny at the same time.

(5) Re-Animator

__: With all he movies that are around these days this trilogy looks old and out dated, but Re-Animator is still one of the best old horror movies made.

Swimkid
August 8th, 2007, 22:46
Nice picks.
1.Star-wars
2.Lord of the Rings
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Jurassic Park.....?
5. 300.. THREE hundred. LOL

god im lonely

VampDude
August 8th, 2007, 23:13
Nice picks.
1.Star-wars

Which trilogy, there's 2 StarWars trilogies. The first being episodes IV-VI, and the second being episodes I-III.

2.Lord of the Rings
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Jurassic Park.....?

Some good choices, thou I'm not quite sure about Jurassic Park thou as the sequels were lame compared to the first.

5. 300.. THREE hundred. LOL

300 isn't a trilogy, it is just one movie.

god im lonely

I think you are. :eek: :rofl:

Accordion
August 8th, 2007, 23:42
Vengeance [Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance/ Oldboy/ Lady Vengeance

ganondorf
August 9th, 2007, 00:40
shrek, lol.

SnesR0X
August 9th, 2007, 07:34
Saw, 1&2 were amazing, didn't like 3 at all.

Lord of the Rings

Origional Star Wars

I bet I have more, but my mind is at a blank right now

sourced
August 9th, 2007, 10:43
Saw 1, Saw 2, and saw 3.

Scary movie
1, 2, 3, and 4(the fourth part of the trilogy) LOL

Just like Swimkid....

god im lonely...

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 03:04
Saw, 1&2 were amazing, didn't like 3 at all.

Lord of the Rings

Original Star Wars

I bet I have more, but my mind is at a blank right now

Nobody liked the 3rd one for some reason, also I fell asleep in the cinema when I saw it (I can make a whole list of movies I've slept through)

Scary movie
1, 2, 3, and 4(the fourth part of the trilogy) LOL

A trilogy is a movie set on 3 movies, Scary Movie is currently a QUADRILOGY with 4 movies but a fifth movie is on it's way

Just like Swimkid....

god im lonely...

I bet you are!

sourced
August 10th, 2007, 10:09
A trilogy is a movie set on 3 movies, Scary Movie is currently a QUADRILOGY with 4 movies but a fifth movie is on it's way

lol. i was kidding. note the line written under the scary movie 4 poster("the fourth part of the trilogy")

OMG really? scary movie 5? :eek:

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 15:27
lol. i was kidding. note the line written under the scary movie 4 poster("the fourth part of the trilogy")

OMG really? scary movie 5? :eek:

I know, but some dumb people think "really, the fourth part of the trilogy" then for the rest of their lives think a trilogy is four (if they didn't know that the whole Scary Movie poster thing was a joke)

And yes, Scary Movie 5. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scary_Movie_5) says 31st October (All Hallows' Eve), which is "probably" worth watching to see what movies they've decided to create comedy parodies of.

Swimkid
August 10th, 2007, 18:35
Right. Star wars the first trilogy then the second.
Scary Movie 5? No sh*ttin?

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 19:41
Right. Star wars the first trilogy then the second.
Scary Movie 5? No sh*ttin?

To real Star Wars fans, the first trilogy is episodes IV to VI and the second is episodes I to III. I prefer the second trilogy (episodes I to III).

SnesR0X
August 10th, 2007, 20:01
To real Star Wars fans, the first trilogy is episodes IV to VI and the second is episodes I to III. I prefer the second trilogy (episodes I to III).

I don't see how anyone could :p

Unless it's some kid who doesn't appreciate movie's that completely changed the world

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 20:20
I don't see how anyone could :p

Unless it's some kid who doesn't appreciate movie's that completely changed the world

I like the first trilogy, but I prefer the second trilogy as it's got CG graphics and it tells the story of how Anakin became Darth Vader...

...Star Wars is one of the biggest movie franchises, so yeah it has changed the world! :D

sourced
August 11th, 2007, 03:50
I know, but some dumb people think "really, the fourth part of the trilogy" then for the rest of their lives think a trilogy is four (if they didn't know that the whole Scary Movie poster thing was a joke)

And yes, Scary Movie 5. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scary_Movie_5) says 31st October (All Hallows' Eve), which is "probably" worth watching to see what movies they've decided to create comedy parodies of.

lol yeah.

i cant wait for scary movie 5:thumbup:

Shadowblind
August 11th, 2007, 04:08
1) The Matrix Trilogy (didn't really like the ending...)
2) LOTR: Never saw the ending.... :p

Razzi) Spider-man: The first 2 were great but the third got mauled horribly...

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 15:37
1) The Matrix Trilogy (didn't really like the ending...)
2) LOTR: Never saw the ending.... :p

Razzi) Spider-man: The first 2 were great but the third got mauled horribly...

I've never understood the ending of Matrix Revolutions, it doesn't state if Neo died or not.

The Lord Of The Rings ending wasn't that great, I'll somehow explain the boring ending:

>--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->--->
Sam and Frodo finally reach the summit of Mt.Doom, and when it's time to throw the ring into the fires of Mt.Doom Frodo puts the ring on and attempts to run away but Gollum has followed them and he see's the footprints left by Frodo as he runs then he jumps on Frodo, Frodo tries to run but Gollum only has the ring in mind so he bites off Frodo's finger (don't know how he saw it) and he gets excited that he now possesses his "precious" ring and trips off the cliff to his doom and destroys the ring. Sam and Frodo are saved by eagles as Mt.Doom starts to erupt, then Frodo wakes up and see's all his hobbit friends and Gandalf. Aragorn is then made king, and Gandalf Frodo Bilbo and the elves sail west to the new world (I presume to die or something) - The End
<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<

bah
August 11th, 2007, 18:22
Back to the future, considering the first movie came out when I was 2, dag nammit I love/d those movies when I was 10-13 and still do now.

Only other 'trilogy' that i can think of is child's play 1-3.
Always loved that evil doll, violence is somehow funny when perpetrated by a doll.

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 18:57
Back to the future, considering the first movie came out when I was 2, dag nammit I love/d those movies when I was 10-13 and still do now.

Only other 'trilogy' that i can think of is child's play 1-3.
Always loved that evil doll, violence is somehow funny when perpetrated by a doll.

So I guess Child's Play is one trilogy (as they all bear the name Child's Play), and Chucky is a whole different movie series (as it doesn't bear the Child's Play name) ? :confused:

Man
August 11th, 2007, 19:42
Spawn the animated series, which is a trilogy of three VERY long movies, either way they kick ass.

matrix trilogy, hands down AWSOME !!!

The bourne movies are pretty good, i dont know how many there are but i liked them.

I hate scary movie 1-4 they all sucked ass and i didnt get half the shit because i dont watch scary movies, life is scary enough for me!

bah
August 11th, 2007, 20:21
They just brought the series back to make more money after quite a while. 88,90,91 for 1-3 then 98 for bride of chucky. The third one had a different actor as the kid. I swear the mum from the original was also in the (overly religious) show '7th heaven'.

I'm pretty sure I saw bride of chucky and didn't think much of it. Haven't seen the other more recent ones.

The later ones were definitely worse than the originals, though I'm sure most of my fondness for them is from loving them when I was young.

They had that 80s/early 90's 'we don't have fancy FX so we'll just kill lots of people in gory ways' charm too. :)

Personally I think the matrix series is a perfect example of when they should have stopped at 1 film, dammit those second two really pissed me off.

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 22:51
They just brought the series back to make more money after quite a while. 88,90,91 for 1-3 then 98 for bride of chucky. The third one had a different actor as the kid. I swear the mum from the original was also in the (overly religious) show '7th heaven'.

I'm pretty sure I saw bride of chucky and didn't think much of it. Haven't seen the other more recent ones.

The later ones were definitely worse than the originals, though I'm sure most of my fondness for them is from loving them when I was young.

They had that 80s/early 90's 'we don't have fancy FX so we'll just kill lots of people in gory ways' charm too. :)

Personally I think the matrix series is a perfect example of when they should have stopped at 1 film, dammit those second two really pissed me off.

The one after Bride of Chucky was Seed of Chucky, some people say they're good but I wouldn't know as I haven't seen them - the last film I saw with Chucky was Child's Play 2, I never saw the 3rd Child's Play movie.

And they should've stopped at one film with the Matrix, or with the 2nd one they should've made it shorter and the third one shorter and just combined the two into a 3 hour movie - taking just over an hour away, longer than an hour needs to be taken away. The third Matrix movie is technically still the second movie as they recorded the two together and but released the second Matrix 6 months before finishing the effects on the third, the third was just a rushed sequel.

dejkirkby
August 11th, 2007, 23:17
Just got back from seeing a great film from a great trilogy.
Rush Hour is a superb set of movies!

SnesR0X
August 11th, 2007, 23:19

So the 3rd is as good as the other two?

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 23:34

I think they left making the third Rush Hour a bit too long (6 years) from the other two, Rush Hour 2 came out in 2001 and Rush Hour in 1998. I might actually watch Rush Hour 3 as the other two weren't so bad, Chris Tucker's character is funny as hell! :D

Mr. Shadow
August 12th, 2007, 00:04
1. Rush hour.
2. old school star wars
3. Gamera(daikaju-ega)
4. lord of the rings.

Shadowblind
August 12th, 2007, 00:37
new world (I presume to die or something) - The End
<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<---<

:rofl:

To die or something...lol!

Mr. Shadow
August 12th, 2007, 01:04
I thought they started the new age of man. One without short hobbits with there hairy feet.

VampDude
August 12th, 2007, 01:42
:rofl:

To die or something...lol!

Yeah, they grew weary of the world. I will rip the ending from the animated movie and post a YouTube video shortly, the animated version of the ROTK ending is somewhat more understandable of when they sail west.

crappy (Animated) Return Of The King (ending) - (skipped sound due to quick rip)

kpHMYh7S4Qs

I thought they started the new age of man. One without short hobbits with there hairy feet.

The new age stated, but they left as it was starting or as it had already started.

Mr. Shadow
August 12th, 2007, 11:54
So thats why we don't see elves anymore then. hmmmmmm thats quite interesting.

VampDude
August 12th, 2007, 18:12
So thats why we don't see elves anymore then. hmmmmmm thats quite interesting.

Yeah, because they parted from this world at the beginning of the "Fourth Age of Man" as I think there was no place for Elves (I think someone may need to correct me). But hobbit's continued to live in the Shires, as hobbit's were the closest to being humans (only shorter).