PDA

View Full Version : havent used psp ina while quick question

broie
August 8th, 2007, 21:43
whats the most up to date custom firmware out at the moment long time since i touched the psp firmware in it now is 3.03 oe-a

Yrkoon
August 8th, 2007, 21:55
hey there 3.40oe-a is the last of the dark alex custom firmwares and the one im using. he quit the scene recently :(

recently theres been a custom firmwares by a group of russians called m33.

they have custom firmwares for 3.52 which is the most current one but ive never used one of theirs as ive heard theres some bugs although the guys have released a ton of patches :)

broie
August 8th, 2007, 22:27
ah right i see thanks now to find em update, and play sum new games:D

Yrkoon
August 9th, 2007, 00:06
no problem :) what firmware are you gonna use? im just curious :)

im thinking of trying the m33 stuff but gonna be waiting quite a bit until sony make games i want that need a higher firmware than 3.40oe-a even though a big mem stick and a hex editor could get around that problem :)

MicroNut
August 9th, 2007, 00:44
If you run 3.51 M33
I think the only patch you need to run is the last one M7.
Although I dont know why you would want to run 3.51 M33 at all.

There is only one patch for 3.52

Here is some "easy" reading:

3.51 M33

01 - m33rel
Russian_M33_Hackers
Initial Release

02 - 3.51_M33_WlanFix
Snow_M33_Hacking

This update fixes a secondary effect that 3.51 wlan.prx caused in 1.50 wlan.prx,
which made wlan homebrew not to work.

Ths issue was caused by sony code of 3.51 wlan.prx, and not by M33 code.
It doesn't happen replacing 3.51 wlan.prx with 3.40 one.

- M33 Team

03 - No-Umd-M33
no_more_umd_M33

This update adds a new no-umd mode, it also is accumulative, so it adds the previous wlan fix if you have not applied it.

The use noumd config in recovery has been changed to UMD Mode. There are 3 options:
1. Normal -> this is the normal one that requires an UMD.
2. OE isofs legacy -> this is the OE noumd, that will be still kept at the moment.
3. M33 Driver -> this is the new NO-UMD mode added in this update.

To install, copy folder noumdm33 into ms0:/PSP/GAME150/ and use it.

The compatibility of new mode has still to be more tested, but we have seen that some games like

GTA LCS and Xyanide Resurrection that didn't work in the old mode, work now.
This new mode doesn't use the sony iso loader, but it is inspired by it.

-- M33 Team

04 - M33-4 - 3.51 M33-4 (NoUMDfix+1.50 homebrew plugins)
i_love_m33

This is an accumulative update, it has the features of previous updates (wlan fix, no umd), plus:

1. Bugfix for the released yesterday no-umd. This should fix the exit to the XMB with error

that happened to some people, or reduce its appearance.

2. Added plugins options for homebrew that use 1.50 kernel. The file to be used for it,
is ms0:/seplugins/game150.txt.

There is other bugfix, but we don't know if it will make much difference in compatibility.

In order to make compatibility tests, please remember that your ISO shouldn't be more than 54 chars.

- M33

05 - 3.51_M33_WlanFix ms0 PSPGAME150
Snow_M33_Hacking

This update fixes a secondary effect that 3.51 wlan.prx caused in 1.50 wlan.prx,
which made wlan homebrew not to work.

Ths issue was caused by sony code of 3.51 wlan.prx, and not by M33 code.
It doesn't happen replacing 3.51 wlan.prx with 3.40 one.

- M33 Team

06 - M33-6 NP9660
^_we_dont_like_McDanny_faker_^

Release Notes:

This update introduces a new no-umd more: the famous sony np9660.
The compatibility of this mode is not yet known, let's hope sony codes well :)
Remember to choose "Sony NP9660" in recovery to use this new mode

*Important Notes!*

- We've known that on some english-talk forums, there is someone called "McDanny"
telling that he is part of M33 Team. This note is to say that he is NOT from M33, and
just a faker wanting some attention. Please don't believe him, as you won't see any
mail, notice or anything outside our webpage (m-33.narod.ru) or pspx forum posts.

- To the attention of becus25 and test30: Please do not do any of your releases based
from our firmwares. You steal and change name but contribute a tiny 20-line plugin.
You are a shame for psp development!

- For not russian users - especially website admins:
For every sites, if you apreaciate our releases and the visitors that they bring to you,
we would appreciate if you could put our paypal link in evidence as we need to
purchase hardware matterials.
Thank you.

*End of Important Notes!*

Originally released at http://pspx.ru/ forums

- M33 - http://m-33.narod.ru/

07 - M33-7
m33driver_vs_np9660_round2

* Improvements in M33 NO-UMD driver (yeah, we know that sony one is better, but we still are

working
on our own driver to make it perfect as a challenge). The improvements:
- Fixed a bug that caused incompatibility with ATV Offroad Fury Pro, Steel Horizons,
Tony Hawk's Project 8 and probably more games.
- Speed loading has improved, now M33 driver imitates better Sony one.

* Automatic display fix for ta-082+ with brightness problems in 1.50 kernel.
- M33 will autodetect ta-082+ with brightness problems, and will correct brightness properly.

* Wlan fix is now done differently, patch is done in 3.51 kernel before going to 1.50 one.
- For those that don't read well the readmes: we never would include in our files a sony prx!
The fix was and is done simply with code. The 3.40 mention was to notice that the problem
was not a M33 bug, but a problem caused by Sony.

* 4th level of brighrness enabled on 1.5 kernel too now.

* An option has been added to recovery, "Hard Reset on 1.50 homebrew". Use this, only if the wifi
fix doesn't work with your psp still. It makes homebrew boot a bit slower.

- M33

3.52 M33

01 - 3.52M33
_M33_New_Fw_Update_
Initial Release

Here is the latest update:

- Now uses 3.52!!!
- M33 NO-UMD: fixed problem with Simple 2500 Series Portable, The IQ Cube
- Fix a bug which made Go!Cam, GPS and sceKernelLoadExecVSH* not work in game mode.
- PSN downloaded PSX games support wasn't working in 3.51 M33 (didn't work in latest OE's either).
Now it is working again. If an original PSN game still doesn't work, we recommend to delete files KEYS.BIN if exists, and copy the game again from ps3 to psp.

Team M33

02 - M33UPDATE2
_M33_generic_update_33_

Changes:
- Document.dat of psx games were broken due to some important changes in popsman.prx and now is fixed.
Plus, now document.dat does not need the same gameid as game which is played.
- The compatibility issue with irshell loading psx games in usbhost/nethost has been solved.
- Changes in recovery:

1. Removed the advanced config option "use isofs on UMD inserted", as it is not useful now.
2. Added "Format flash1 and restore settings" in Advanced.
3. Added speeds 20 and 100.
4. When in usb mode inside recovery, it is impossible to turn PSP off.

- The chineses and korean languages did not work in XMB, because they crashed homebrew and recovery.
The issue has been fixed, but korean font is not there, so you need to take it with psardumper from official updater, and put it in flash0:/font/kr0.pgf.

- M33 driver: fixed SBK07, now it work.

With this release we also a plugin to load pops from 3.40, 3.51, and 3.52.
The plugin works in 3.51 M33 and 3.52 M33. In 3.51 M33 you won't see option "3.51", and in 3.52

M33
you won't see option "3.52" (use original from flash for same firmware).

Instructions: copy seplugins to the root of the memory stick. Extract the following prx of a firmware:
/kd/popsman.prx, /kd/pops.prx, /vsh/modules/libpspvmc.prx and /vsh/modules/pafmini.prx
and copy them to /seplugins/popsloader/ with names like popsman3XX, pops3XX.prx,
libpspvmc3XX.prx, pafmini3XX.prx, where XX is 40, 51, or 52.

Activate the plugin in recovery and done! First time you run a game, it will let you choose pops version.
Next time will remember configuration for each game; press R to change it.
The plugin doesn't apply to psn games.

Team M33

broie
August 9th, 2007, 03:37
i was going to install 3.52 m33 but emm i didnt understand the instructions in the read me im a noob :p can anyone help? is there a guide for it around anywhere? and do i need the official firmware too?

MicroNut
August 9th, 2007, 07:52
PSP 3.52 M33 Installation

If you are under official 1.50 PSP firmware
Copy kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders from "1.50only" of this download
to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME/" and use it.

Once you've done that, copy the M33CREATOR folder to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME" folder.

Download official 3.52 eboot (http://www.psp-vault.com/UpDownload-req-viewsdownload-sid-580.psp),
rename it to 352.PBP and place it on:
"ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/"

Download official 1.50 eboot (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163),
rename it to 150.PBP and place it on:
"ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/"

Go to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR".
Once finished, it will go back to the XMB.

Go again to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE".
You'll have to press X to agree to the installation.

When finished, press X to shut down and reboot manually.

Enjoy your 3.52 M33 ;)

If you are under any Special/Open Edition/M33 Firmware
Copy the M33CREATOR folder to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME150"

Download official 3.52 eboot (http://www.psp-vault.com/UpDownload-req-viewsdownload-sid-580.psp),
rename it to 352.PBP and place it on:
"ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

Download official 1.50 eboot (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163),
rename it to 150.PBP and place it on:
"ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

Go to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR".
Once finished, it will go back to the XMB.

Go again to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE".
You'll have to press X to agree to the installation.

When finished, press X to shut down and reboot manually.

Enjoy your 3.52 M33 ;)

broie
August 9th, 2007, 15:35
thanks for the help appreciated that was simply enough in the end:p

Jordan112235
August 23rd, 2007, 14:55
so i take it the 3.52 m33 is the best out of all the custom firmwares and homebrew firmwares (at the moment) i got 3.40 OE-A and i was wondering if i should update to 3.52 m33

Jordan112235
August 23rd, 2007, 14:57
oh and whats a good website for ps1 roms dont put down www.just****inggoogleit.com lol

usp8riot
August 23rd, 2007, 15:03
oh and whats a good website for ps1 roms dont put down www.just****inggoogleit.com lol

http://www.google.com

Best place to go I've seen.

Oops.

bah
August 23rd, 2007, 15:04
Jordan112235: PS1 games came on disc so they are ISOs not ROMs.

The best (and only site youll get given on this site for downloading ROMs/ISOs) is www.google.com. Do not ask for WAREZ links here.

EDIT:
usp8riot: Please remove the WAREZ link from your post, it is against the DCEmu rules and may get you banned. Read the rules or at least use common sense before posting.