PDA

View Full Version : CFW 3.52 M33 Homebrew install problem

nanakithirteen
August 10th, 2007, 01:06
Thanks for your time in advance.

I've just installed CFW 3.52 m33 2 onto my first generation (not ta082 etc..) PSP, and installed the schmilkenberries 352 theme pack for m33 cfw.

All of my homebrew that I had installed up to this point has worked and is still working.

I tried to install DGEN 1.70 and bookr 1.7into my game folder (as well as trying the game150 and game352 folder as well on one occasion).

The game icons came up perfectly, however when I would start the game, I received the error message, "Game cannot be started. |The data is corrupted."

I tried the 1.00 file format
e.g.:
dgen
-------
bookr

as well as using the 1.50 kxploited format e.g:
dgen
dgen%
-------
bookr
bookr%

DGEN (I believe) ran for me before on m33, so I'm assuming it's my recovery settings, or that there's a problem installing homebrew once the custom theme is implemented. The rest of my previously installed homebrew, nesterj, rin, gpsp etc... runs just fine.

EDIT: After further inspection, Nesterj and gpsp are the only homebrew programs that work. The rest give me the same "Game cannot be started. |The data is corrupted." error EDIT

Where did I trainwreck? I know I've done a bunch of mods here and it's tricky to help someone diagnose a problem with such modifications, is there a new, "proper" format for installing homebrew with this CFW? I suppose I've lucked out with the others, as some are kxploited, and some are not...

Thanks so much for your time, I really love my dgen!

Cheers,
NanakiThirteen

MicroNut
August 10th, 2007, 05:28
I am using 3.52 M33-2

I am running this version of DGEN without problems.
Download:DGEN (http://www.fullburn.com/random/DGEN.rar)

The folder structure is the same
dgen
dgen%

Path is:
ms0:/psp/game150/dgen

I am not exactly what build it is
but if it works for you please let me know.

Chameleon
August 10th, 2007, 07:18
go to recovery mode> configuration> switch GAME folder kernel to 1.5, and put all your homebrew in the GAME folder.

or do what micronut said.. both ways end with the same outcome ( you playin homebrew)

MicroNut
August 10th, 2007, 08:34
Mine is set like so.

recovery mode> configuration>
Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.52 Kernel)

Using the above DGEN without problems.

Chameleon
August 10th, 2007, 11:13
thats because you put your homebrew in the GAME150 folder, changing the option i stated only changes the kernel for the GAME folder

MicroNut
August 10th, 2007, 11:44
thats because you put your homebrew in the GAME150 folder, changing the option i stated only changes the kernel for the GAME folder

i understand this.
just pointing out that I didn't change a thing.
just to be clear...

Cloudhunter
August 10th, 2007, 17:10
Nah. You are all wrong. The problem is he has done a vshmain customisation. It tends to mess things up.

In order to get it working, get patchsfo and run it.

Cloudy

murgero1
August 13th, 2007, 02:41
try downgradeing via recovery t 1.50
then upgrade to 3.52 m33 then 3.52 m33 update 2. then it should be fixed.

chemical ali
August 27th, 2007, 08:59
ahh tx cloud that helped alot b/c now all of my other emu's don't shutdown mypsp on startup.

However, my dgen emu is still acting up... despite patchsfo, it still just crashes on startup and shuts my psp down. the only dif now is that it goes to a screen w/ the psp logo. any idea how i can fix this? i've tried putting it into the "game" folder didnt work