PDA

View Full Version : PSP on DS

deltadj3
August 10th, 2007, 04:14
Are there any emulators that let you play PSP roms on NDS? If so any links or sites?

DanTheManMS
August 10th, 2007, 04:15
...you're kidding, right?

EDIT: to be less of a jerk, I'll elaborate. The PSP is several times more powerful than the DS. There is no way you'd ever get a PSP game running on the DS at any reasonable speed.

steve520
August 10th, 2007, 04:15
hahahahahaha. wow i dont mean to be mean but wow. we barley got a psp emulator for the PC.

DimensionT
August 11th, 2007, 08:46
I say someone should do it, if only for the reason that there's a DS emulator for PSP. Just so we can have a thread like theirs...

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 09:04
i dont even think its possible since the DS's potential doesnt measure up to the PSP's specs, im sure of that.. i may be wrong though.. plus it would be even harder than DS emulation on PSP and way slower. and not to put down the DS, i really want one badly just to play a few games, but the DS wouldnt even be able to handle what the psp can do. i dont think the psp can handle the DS as well..

jak66
August 11th, 2007, 09:09
its bearly possible to get ds on psp (although it will never fully be ds on psp, not full speed, no touch screen), no way in hell is psp on ds gonna happen (more chance of gba via slot-1)

DimensionT
August 11th, 2007, 09:09
Like Exo said in the other thread... Any system can emulate any system (in theory), it's just a matter of how WELL it emulates it.

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 09:15
any system? when the hell did he say that. i wana see Wii ON PSP AND DS NOW! haha :D obviously a joke

but.. psp has a large ass screen. that would be a problem for DS. psp has an analog nub, thats another prob, psp runs at 222MHz the lowest playable speed, DS is only 66mhz i believe idk i think im wrong, psp has a few extra buttons, not a big prob. the most a psp emu on DS would do i believe is run homebrew and nothing else. the commercial games are big ass file sizes! thats a prob. what more am i missing?

also exo. if that statement truely was typed by you then y are you putting the nds emulator on psp down big time..

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2007, 09:18
PSP's spec rape DS.

goliath182
August 11th, 2007, 09:32
Any system can emulate any system (in theory) Yes But In theory Communism works. I would suggest we put this PSP emulator for DS in the Impossible pile.

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 09:45
i dont even think there is an open source psp emulator for the PC.. there is one good psp emu out there though i think. isnt it poketmin or something like that? but ported or built from scratch. it would be even more crappier than the NDS emu on PSP.

DimensionT
August 11th, 2007, 09:51
Any machine can emulate any other machine so long as it has enough memory and the right physical resources (sometimes with an approximation, like getting around less buttons, missing input, or lower resolution). This just means emulate it so that it will have the same results EVENTUALLY. Emulating something at the correct speed is a whole different story.

I might've been a little off, but that's the just of it. You could be right about the PSP's CPU being too much... But using both DS's CPUs would bring it up to about half. It's just a matter of weither or not the PSP has to have 222Mhz of CPU power to boot. Maybe it could run with less?

I'd be happy just to see the bios screen, as it would be meant as a joke anyway...

Yes But In theory Communism works. I would suggest we put this PSP emulator for DS in the Impossible pile.

No reason to be a d*ckhead or post smart allec remarks, I'm just trying to envoke a fun discussion. I'm not saying it's feasable to run it at decent speeds WHAT-SO-EVER... -2fps is fine with me, so long as it runs.

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 09:54
I'm not saying it's feasable to run it at decent speeds WHAT-SO-EVER... -2fps is fine with me, so long as it runs.

thank you so much for saying that. i said that about the ds emu for psp. no1 would listen to me. glad we are on the same page.

DimensionT
August 11th, 2007, 10:16
My posts in the other thread were mainly to cut back on the chance of noobs saying stuff like "PSP owns all because it can play DS games", when it obviously can't.

I'm all for the DS emulator that was posted being a gimmick (as PSP on the DS would be). Actually, I don't doubt that that DS on PSP will be able to play stuff like the Sudoku games and still be fun (in the future)... But I'll be surprised if it can play Metroid Prime and Final Fantasy III.

Back on topic...

Don't the DS's screens fit perfectly on the PSP's? You could have the entire PSP screen stretched over both DS screens... And like you said, some PSP homebrew MIGHT be possible. Maybe even using the PSP emulator as a media player/ picture viewer.

Lol, imagine upgrading your PSP and not being able to play homebrew while emulating it on the DS. Just turn it off and start over.

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 14:07
This One Took The Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man
August 11th, 2007, 15:24
Normally i would call you a noob and move on, but after reading your posts, i see what you mean, but it doesnt matter to me because i have a DS and a PSP, and they both have their pros and cons. wasnt the acid mods team making a touch screen for the PSP or somthing, i cant remember but iv seen it somewhere.

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 16:37
it was canceled psp touch me was cancelled

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 18:19
that sucks. what wouldve we been able to use the touch feature on the psp for besides ds emu?

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 18:24
iono, but it would be cool poking the screen XD

rokobungi
August 11th, 2007, 20:03
the only reason to make a psp emulator for the ds is to show that pretty much any computer with enough ram (or ungodly amounts of dldi ram swapping) ;) can emulate another

sure it would be completely useless ... but so will a ds emulator on psp neither will EVER be useful without serious hardware mods namely a touch screen and interface/interpreter chip for the psp and a 250 arm 9 for the DS (hey I think some of these 250mhz arm 9's overclock to 300+mhz!)

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 20:12
the ds emu is possible on the psp... and it can make a difference for touch screen, it just needs to be some how configured the button settings..... the ds touch screen function can be used on the analog stick. yet for poking or touching maybe dificult to do, it can be touch by pressing the music button??? iono, but it is possible

DanTheManMS
August 12th, 2007, 03:23
I'm just trying to envoke a fun discussion. I'm not saying it's feasable to run it at decent speeds WHAT-SO-EVER... -2fps is fine with me, so long as it runs.

I agree with you, it's kinda fun to run these things even if they run at ungodly slow speeds. You might be interested in the NES emulator for the GBC then, which runs at a horribly slow speed and only runs maybe 5 games or so. More info and downloads can be found at http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4412

The only games I was able to get to work were Popeye, Fade To Black, Donkey Kong, Tennis, Urban Champion, and Warpman (J). Only those few mapper 0 games will run. Use Select + direction to change the view.

DimensionT
August 12th, 2007, 03:42
That would be intresting to mess with, but I don't have anyway of running it. Only way I'd be able to do it would be running it on a GBC emulator on the DS or the PC... And where's the fun in that? To me, it's only cool to be able to run it on the actual hardware, lol.

Off topic:
Is there a LUA player for the DS? I've been wanting to get into LUA coding, but I don't want to have to jack my brother's PSP to do it.

On topic:
Does anybody know if the PSP needs a certain amount of power to run? I know 222Mhz is the minimum the CPU runs at, but can it boot with less? I highly doubt that the bios screen (XMB or whatever) and some PSP homebrew games fully use the 222Mhz. It might be possible to run it on the 100 or Mhz the DS's two CPUs put out.

DanTheManMS
August 12th, 2007, 04:13
Hm, I think there is some implementation of LUA on the DS, but I don't know how well developed it is. I believe it's named "DSLUA" if you wish to search for it.

hacksparrow
August 12th, 2007, 13:24
I say someone should do it, if only for the reason that there's a DS emulator for PSP. Just so we can have a thread like theirs...
hey hey, no need to copy... you guys are already unique, and on the retail side KICKIN OUR ASSES

it's not like hey let's boost psp sales

giovanni111
August 27th, 2007, 15:42
I am currently creating Grand Theft Auto DS Stories, and i am using the same controls as the psp..... but that is the most you can do. Remake it and use the same controls

sonikku88
August 29th, 2007, 18:32
Oh my god, this guy again...

Dude, it's common knowledge that computers can only emulate consoles that are less powerful than they are. That's why DS emulation is on the PSP and not the other way around, because the DS is less powerful than the PSP.

Emulation isn't just some magical phenominon that makes consoles/computers automatically play games from other consoles. It takes a lot of hard work and research in order to find ways to manipulate computers to emulate other consoles/computers. Please get this through your head, and quit embarrassing yourself.

mnuhaily22
August 29th, 2007, 19:22
PSP's spec rape DS.
Sadly, I agree with you in every possible way...:rofl:

fraseyboy
September 27th, 2007, 06:56
On topic:
Does anybody know if the PSP needs a certain amount of power to run? I know 222Mhz is the minimum the CPU runs at, but can it boot with less? I highly doubt that the bios screen (XMB or whatever) and some PSP homebrew games fully use the 222Mhz. It might be possible to run it on the 100 or Mhz the DS's two CPUs put out.

The PSP's CPU is actually 333mhz, but it's under clocked to 222mhz.

Some homebrew PSP apps, like the TXT reader and I think some of the older system emulators, can put the CPU alot lower (66mhz sometimes) to save battery life.