PDA

View Full Version : borders in some NTSC games

August 10th, 2007, 16:56
this has been bugging me, some games like final fantasy 7 run in full screen with borders at the top and bottom. and i cant figure out how to fix it . my friend sent me his copy to try it because he said he didn't get borders. and i did and what do you know? no borders. but i didn't like the eboot gfx so i ripped the iso out of the eboot and recompiled it. BORDERS. blah i kept trying but i eventually gave up and went back to try and play the other copy......BORDERS now.
this is pissing the living daylights out of me.
if anyone knows how to fix this please reply

cloud_952
August 11th, 2007, 20:10
Have you tried using a different program to compile the eboot? o_O This very well could be involved..

Welshboy
August 12th, 2007, 03:50
I've never encountered borders with my rips? Make sure your ripping it as an NTSC and not in PAL format possibly?

August 12th, 2007, 05:06
yeah i am, i ripped it with alchohol 120 and with iso producer. i converted it multiple times with popstation gui and psx2psp. i have the same problems with FF8,wild arms and FFVI except ffvi runs in a box instead of borders in full screen. games like megamanx4 don't have this problem and neither does love hina*one my import games*

August 13th, 2007, 01:19
here is a video i made
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ySWmiJQ-llk