PDA

View Full Version : TA-082 upgrade back to offical FW?

SpooForBrains
August 11th, 2007, 09:58
My cousin really wants to have custom firmware put on his PSP, after seeing mine.

He has a TA-082 motherboard, and last time I was paying attention users with TA-082 motherboards couldn't upgrade back to official Sony firmwares, and I don't want to deny him that option.

Has this changed, since?

He's on 2.80, so which is the best downgrader to use?

Axelius
August 11th, 2007, 10:26
If you do not have gta: lcs or lumines you have to use the 2.80 downgrader. It's pretty safe. (I've used this one for my psp and my friend's psp and it worked perfectly)

SpooForBrains
August 11th, 2007, 10:31
I have both, although I only have GTA:LCS with me.

Any idea on the ID storage keys problem with upgrading back to official firmwares? From what reading I've done I think the issue has been fixed and/or doesn't exist with the newer downgraders, but I can only find vague references and no hard info anywhere!

Safari Al
August 11th, 2007, 11:08
I used the 3.03 dg and it work for both me and a friend perfectly! It also patches the TA-082 motherboard

jonezybaby
August 11th, 2007, 11:16
if u have GTA unpatched (FW 2.00 Version) upgrade to 3.03 and downgrade usin the 3.03 downgrader and the ID Storage will be dun for u!! always remember 2 read the read me and be careful!

SpooForBrains
August 11th, 2007, 12:09
Yes, but what about upgrading to official firmware again? As I understand it, with the GTA exploit, you can't upgrade to official firmware again because of the changes made to IDStorage

Mr-S
August 11th, 2007, 12:17
hey... noobs are working on reversing the ta082 block at the mo, so we have to be patient... and i dnt mean to pee on ur bonfires but i've downgraded 6 psp's and one bricked during the process, so you can do everything right and it can go wrong...:(

Cloudhunter
August 11th, 2007, 13:00
The latest firmware you could go back to is 3.11. Once you get there though, you're stuck. You can't go backwards or forwards.

Blame Sony, not noobz ;)

They're working on it :)

Cloudy

SpooForBrains
August 11th, 2007, 13:19
Does that apply to all the downgraders?

Axelius
August 11th, 2007, 13:40
Why should anyone go back to official firmwares when you have seen the cool features of custom firmwares??

SpooForBrains
August 11th, 2007, 14:03
Why should anyone go back to official firmwares when you have seen the cool features of custom firmwares??

... because he's a 13 year old kid who could quite conceivably go out and buy or be bought a game in a few months from now that requires a higher firmware version than he has. Yeah, most people wouldn't trade their emulators and stuff for that, but there are people in the world, believe it or not, who will buy a game when it comes out because they want to play it.

Can I guarantee there will be a solution in three months time when this happens? No. Can I guarantee that if there IS a hack or a new custom firmware, that I'm going to be able to sort it out for him? No, because I live the other end of the country. I'm not going to leave him with a PSP that looks really cool but fundamentally doesn't do what he wants it to do.

Cloudhunter
August 11th, 2007, 22:05
Does that apply to all the downgraders?

All the TA-082 downgraders, yes.

Cloudy