PDA

View Full Version : SNES saveing issues

Tauan
June 23rd, 2005, 00:07
Today i downloaded and used the new 1.5 homebrew pack and everything seemed to work fine, i took one of my old rom's for the snes(yes i do have the game cartrage and system, and still find myself cracking it out playing it but was glad to see that i could play Chrono Trigger on the go) so i download everything and make a folder in the SNES9X named roms, droped my rom in, and booted it up. the program booted great, the menu screen poped up showing the folders...went into roms, and booted up chrono trigger and played for a wile and had to go elseware. So i tryed to save like i used to by just going to the menu and going to the far right and saveing. Every time i clicked to save it made a low pitch beeping noise and wouldent let me save, i saw a "saves" folder beside my "roms" folder so i may just be a idiot. Sorry if someone has said it before but i havent checked the forums for a bit and only registerd today because of my problem. If it has been already said pls just kick me in my face and point me in the right direction. But i would be glad if someone explained it to me. :confused:

ArchAngel
June 23rd, 2005, 00:32
Yes, there should be a SAVE folder in the same folder as your EBOOT.PBP file, But I dont know why it wont save, maybe try changing the name of the rom file.

Tauan
June 23rd, 2005, 00:37
messed around with doom for psp and it saves fine...i have the rom in the folder WITHOUT the %.....dose that matter at all, shold i make a SAVE folder in my roms folder, or should i just put the rom right in the folder without makeing a rom folder. bah this is...well....diffrent -.-

Tauan
June 23rd, 2005, 00:51
i keep haveing the idea that maby the save folder has to be with the ROM not a rom folder....testing it now. I will post my results soon.

Tauan
June 23rd, 2005, 00:58
wow im a doof...after playing with the joystick (i knew about frame skipping and on/off sound) i ran into a rom save menu like on my compys ver. of the same snes emulator. Sorry to bother you all. Guess i was so excited about finaly getting roms on my psp i overlooked what was right infront of me. :)

EX-Danza
June 23rd, 2005, 01:19
hey is it not recommended to play at 333mhz? can playing like this damage my psp?

Tauan
June 23rd, 2005, 01:28
EX - Danza...pls post that...ON THE RIGHT PAGE, this was for me haveing isses with SAVEING my progress on ROM's for the SNES....how in the world would overclocking the roms fit in a page about saveing...make a new topic about it -.- thank you and have a nice day
and because of my stupidity i overlooked a menu, so in a way i fixed it almost by myself.

JcBoyCool
June 23rd, 2005, 01:42
We all post stupid questions once in awhile but i will still kick you in the face if you like :)