PDA

View Full Version : Sticky: The Latest Versions of the Very Best Homebrew the PSP

SuckerPunch
August 11th, 2007, 19:48
I've recently returned to the PSP homebrew scene after an year long departure and it took forever to figure out what the latest versions of all the really awesome homebrews are.

Even worse, when I introduced my friend to the homebrew scene, they were completely overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of the homebrews to have any hope of locating the very best ones. So much of the stuff he tried turned out to be a complete waste of time, outdated, or obsolete because a better program like File Manager or IRShell has the same functionality built into it. He was wholly unimpressed and would have left the scene had I not been able to guide him to the homebrews out there that are impressive.

Both this site and fanjitas site are cluttered with way too many betas, trials and very early programs.

There definately needs to be one sticky thread newbies can turn to, to get off the ground running with a great collection of homebrews that show them just what the best homebrews can do. One single thread people can turn to after even a month's absence to quickly see what the latest version of the PSP's very best cream of the crop homebrews are.

So here is your chance to make nominations for the kind of AAA cream of the crop homebrews that qualify for such a sticky.

This means...

no demos, trails, proof of concepts or incomplete games.

no early underdeveloped builds. this should exclude most of the software that hasn't gone through multiple releases and versions to make sure the program does its task as perfectly as possible.

no games that have poor or overly simplistic graphics anywhere, even at the menu screens.

no simple programs that do what some other program does far better. Why put up yet another pda reader if IRShell already has a great one bundled with it.

Using that list, here is a very small very incomplete early list merely meant to illustrate of the kinds of programs that I am talking about.

PSP Radio

Snestyl

PSPGBA

PSPGenesis

Daedlus r12

IR Shell

Beats of Rage

PSP Revolution .3

Notice how all of the above programs had many different versions released, and were developed, tweaked and perfected over the course of well over an year. Notice how they all look superpolished even at the load screens and menu screens.

Those are the kind of truly great AAA homebrews that deserve to have a thread dedicated to providing the latest version of just them.

So make nominations for the homebrews good enough to belong with company as excellent as the homebrews already listed above and once the nominations are recieved, I'll make a new thread worthy of being stickied by a mod, accompanied by a link to the download for the latest greatest version of the program as well as a description, and keep it up to date.

Hurry, NOMINATIONS CLOSE AUG 20th.

dangee
August 11th, 2007, 23:56
pspRhythm 7.1

On The Rise
August 13th, 2007, 00:09
afkim
psptube

Prasoc
August 13th, 2007, 01:25
gpsp!

falco216