PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of 1.50 Single-Memstick Exploit

Omatic
June 23rd, 2005, 01:05
Alright, lots of confusion since the "release" of the exploit this morning (actually at noon GMT I think). Since links aren't working, and downloads are messed up, etc., here's the simple explanation.

Use the 2-memstick explioit, and you'll get 2 folders. One of them would go to the 1st memory stick, and the other would go to the 2nd memory stick. Instead of leaving it like that, you have to rename the 1st memstick folder by adding a "%" in front of it. For example:

I have "N64EMU".
I run the exploit thingie and get folders "MS1" and "MS2".
I rename the folders to "N64EMU%" and "N64EMU".
I place both folders on my stick.
I play my (non-existant) N64 emulator.

Just to clarify, there is no N64 emulator (yet!), it's just an example.

Gamelver
June 23rd, 2005, 02:59
have you tried it that way?
the way I did it was using Kxploit....I believe it makes a different kind of eboot file than mswap does....

Omatic
June 23rd, 2005, 03:17
Yep. I tried it that way, and tt works just fine. I sued the DGen emulator as a test. However, since the Kxploit is available now, you can use that too.

Gamelver
June 23rd, 2005, 03:19
ah....thanks for posting that, then....would've saved me some time if you would've posted it earlier, though :p!!!!

Omatic
June 23rd, 2005, 03:21
Hah... yeah, I know. I was going through the same struggle. Hopefully SOMEONE will be able to use this...

Shannon
June 23rd, 2005, 04:24
have you tried it that way?
the way I did it was using Kxploit....I believe it makes a different kind of eboot file than mswap does....

If you read the method B instructions that came with the KXploit download you will see that the file created for the % directory is created using the same procedures as the original xploit for memory stick one.

They didn't do anything except discover this little trick and "repackage" their packager.

Jdemon
June 23rd, 2005, 04:26
Thanks for the "short form answer" Omatic :D

:eek: I can't believe how damn simple this was!

All I needed to do was rename the launch folder on my MS1 with a % at the end and copy that to my MS2.

Psilocybeing
June 23rd, 2005, 08:40
You could always use the new program released, which does everything for you, even place the files on the PSP. It is fool-proof.

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 18:41
You could always use the new program released, which does everything for you, even place the files on the PSP. It is fool-proof.

Sadly, I think not. This method did not work on my 1.51 firmwared PSP, and the only thing I recieved for my efforts was an error screen and the usual "Game could not be played."

Anyone have this problem as well, or know what I am doing wrong, or if it is just a 1.51 thing?

Omatic
June 23rd, 2005, 20:22
It's a 1.51 thing, unfortunately.

Mikaa
June 23rd, 2005, 20:36
It's a 1.51 thing, unfortunately.

Yippie. I had a sick feeling that I would recieve that answer. Alas, my luck is still cruel; I have to wait still for a non-swap trick.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Black Panther
June 23rd, 2005, 23:30
Can some 1 tell me the non swap thing for emulators on my psp 1.50

N3oGhozt
June 23rd, 2005, 23:38
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7044

Omatic
June 24th, 2005, 08:23

This IS the non-swap thing for emulators on your PSP 1.50.