PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking Question and others

the_void7
June 23rd, 2005, 01:18
Is it safe to overclock up to 333? I would think it could harm my PSP.
Also, will the Genesis work on PSP v1.5 and what is the best emulator to use?
Thanks for the info.

P.S.
What is a good website to get roms?

EX-Danza
June 23rd, 2005, 01:24
ive been playing super mario rpg at 333mhz and it has been fine. but the fact that when u change it to 333mhz it is in red scares me a lil bit. can somebody tell me if it is harmfull to my psp to play like this.

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 01:31
its not overclocking thats what the psp has is a 333mhz if it were over 333mhz that would be overclocking then it might be something to worry about ive played the snes and the gen emu for hours now at 333mhz no problems at all just fast battery drain

Gamelver
June 23rd, 2005, 01:35
check out this thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6912)....and the best genesis emulator, IMHO, is PSPGenesis....runs great (at 333mhz) and has sound support :)

JcBoyCool
June 23rd, 2005, 01:36
Running at 333mhz just drains the battery faster. The reason sony does not make games run at 333mhz is that reason. If the games run at 333mhz sony would not be able to advertize the battery being able to run 6 hours. it would be more like 2-3 hours for graphic demanding games. No damage comes to your psp. I play all my emulators at 333mhz for well over 20 hours now and no damage has happened.

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 01:38
Running at 333mhz just drains the battery faster. The reason sony does not make games run at 333mhz is that reason. If the games run at 333mhz sony would not be able to advertize the battery being able to run 6 hours. it would be more like 2-3 hours for graphic demanding games. No damage comes to your psp. I play all my emulators at 333mhz for well over 20 hours now and no damage has happened.

no.

JcBoyCool
June 23rd, 2005, 01:39
no.
No what? please explain.

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 01:52
No what? please explain.

dur, im an idiot. i meant to post somthing, but then i forgot to, but then i decided to post somthing else, somewhere else that said no, but it appeared here...

so nevermind. but the only problem i have with the above statment is that sony intentionaly did somthing to improve the battery life. while that would certainly seem like the sneaky slimy sony that we all have come to know and love... no one knows that for sure.

Tauan
June 24th, 2005, 13:10
Even if 333mhz was overclocking its not like your psp is going to start glowing cherry red float in midair and suddenly explode. We overclock compys all the time and as long as its not used for long periods of time no damage is (usualy) caused. just my 2 cents, dont mind me. :rolleyes:

Onetonbullet
June 24th, 2005, 23:39
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2105&sid=cb8edf2eb64304baf264277c74eb659c

Not trying to freak you out....Just want people to know sometimes #$%# happens...

Unique problem? Was it the clock speed? Was it a standby bug in the emu?

If something like this happens to anyone...they need to post it....

Kaiser
June 25th, 2005, 00:35
Though 333mhz is NOT overclocking the psp if you really would not like it to run at that speed just wait until Sougen gets the emulator to run perfectly at 222mhz (it will be nice on the battery as well). As it is right now its unplayable at 222mhz.

shizzle
June 25th, 2005, 09:05
i see bumping up the speed or emus a temporary solution. People need to spend more time making it run better at 222, or even lower if posible, so that we can use up minimal battery life. I mean when im at home these emus are great, but then i have the orginal console and games some times, and if im on an 8 hour journey im not gonna wanna play sonic for 3 hours when i can play wipeout or anyother game for 7...

Jeisu
June 25th, 2005, 09:21
I think your battery is crapped out if you're getting 3 hours from sonic.

This is solid state memory here... I get like 6~ 7 hours on the emulators when clocked @ 333mhz. If it were less I'd probably get another 2 hours :P