PDA

View Full Version : Slot 1 Device

Armen
August 12th, 2007, 07:49
Hi guys Im about to get into the homebrew scene with the DS, If anyone doesnt mind helping me out I have a couple of questions 1) I wanted to know whats the best Slot 1 (MicroSD memory) card to get and any places to buy for cheap or cheap places for a MicroSD card? 2) So with this I can play homebrew videos and backups of NDS games? (I know you wont be able to pay GBA games but I got my psp for that ;) If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated Ive doing a lot of research and I just dont want to buy something thats bad or wont work because I dont have money like that?Also do all the slot 1 cards have the automatic save file detector and stuff Thx in advance Last thing sorry is this better than a regular for speed of games? http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-microSD-Secure-Digital-Packaging/dp/B000KKOEO8/ref=sr_1_5/104-0112158-4541527?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1186900692&sr=1-5

firedemon727
August 12th, 2007, 08:07
If you want a good Slot-1 card, you should either get the M3 Simply or the CycloDS Evolution (supports up to 16GB)

The M3 Simply is about $35 and the CycloDS Evolution is I think $75, you should be able to get the Slot-1 cards at either Divineo or Gameyeeeah.

Just about any Slot-1 card can play homebrew games and videos. As for the backup part, I can't answer that because it's against the rules.

I don't know about which MicroSD card to use, I think that any MicroSD should work.

DanTheManMS
August 12th, 2007, 19:49
The thing with microSD cards is that there are a couple of games like Portrait of Ruin that require very fast microSD cards to run. For these, you want Kingstons and Toshibas from Japan and NOT Taiwan. If you don't mind those few problem games, any old microSD card will work fine in an R4 and probably other carts too.