PDA

View Full Version : Ds Wifi Help

Saber06
August 12th, 2007, 17:32
Ive searched and failed to find anything.
Im new.
Please dont flame.
Ive read the rules.
Ok.
Im on the verge of throwing my ds against the wall. Seriously.
So my problem is this.
I used to have a BTVoyager wireless router, to which my ds & wii connected fine. Then after a problem with a cat that thought it would be funny to urinate on the router, we had to get a new one.
We got a : Belkin G+ MIMO (model f5d9630uk4a)
Now its all set up and wireless recievers can recieve it so i can get wireless internet connections on my pcs etc so thats all fine.
My WII connects to it and has internet access no problem. BUT my ds cant. Any ideas???
----------------------------------------------------------------
So. I brought a usb wifi dongle(not the ninendo officle one). Plugged it and set it up in my pc that has a perfect working internet connection and my ds can connect to it, but at first i got a "cannot obtain ip address" Fixed that and now i just get a "Connected to access point but cannot connect to server"
This is so so so annoying. PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE.
If you have paypal, I promise $5/5 pounds/ 5 euros to the person that solves this error for me.
Thanks.

eomund
August 13th, 2007, 19:15
Have you re-setup your DS's connections settings. Chances are the router uses a different IP than the old one so you'd have to get rid of the old settings and re-set it up from scratch. Should only take you like 5 minuts too.
Hope this helps.

Saber06
August 14th, 2007, 15:48
Cheers for reply. m first connection on my ds is set up for my girlfriends wireless at her house, and that works fine. I wiped the 2nd and 3rd connections and started from scratch for my new connection at home. Still no luck =/

eomund
August 14th, 2007, 18:28
I've only been using the wireless routers for a few months so bear with me on this. But is there a possibility it's not setup properly on the computer?
I'm not positive, but I think if it's a system that requires authentication the DS has trouble with it (please correct me if I'm wrong).
My particular router is the official Nintendo one which requires authentication from a DS system and permissions. As far as I know ones like the one you have are much simpler aren't they? Do you have any other wireless devices in the house you can test to see if it's even working? If not can you still take it back and replace it with one from another brand (If you can't get this one to work)?

Saber06
August 15th, 2007, 01:32
Thanks for reply. My upstaires pc is reciving wireless internet from my downstaires pc/router?