PDA

View Full Version : Doom-psp-0.02_cpa1

Cpasjuste
June 23rd, 2005, 03:57
Hi, i have just rlz a modified version of the lantus doom port on psp, a wad selector was added you just have to put .wad files in the WAD folder, and now you Straf with L and R buttons, circle button to fire.

Thanks all!

Cpasjuste.

You can grab the file here :

http://psp.neuf.fr/

DoomPSP V0.02 CPA1
==================

23/06/2005
----------

- .wad selector added.
- Straf with L and R buttons, circle button to fire.

Put your .wad files in /psp/game/doom-psp/wad/

Thanks to Lantus, ps2dev, psphacker, gueux, pspinside, nem etc..

Cpasjuste.

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 04:46
handy!

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 06:51
now add a jump button you could jump in doom on the pc if i do recall

wraggster
June 23rd, 2005, 07:04
awesome ill grab a mirror and post news :)

shizzle
June 23rd, 2005, 07:15
nah, you couldn't jump i don't think.

sniper001
June 23rd, 2005, 08:50
Does not Huntbgin.wad and darkwar.wad(rott) correspond?

m00rpark
June 23rd, 2005, 10:31
how to i get the doom game to even work?! its just stuck at the loading screen!!! SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!

Cpasjuste
June 23rd, 2005, 15:04
I forgot to mention that the selector just copy the selected wad to the doom-psp directory so u need to have necessary free space for the copy to execute.

rmedtx
June 23rd, 2005, 15:30
I'm sorry to ask stupid questions. I'm not good a this. What exactly do I have to download? the doom pack? If so, will I have to use the KX-Exploit software to make it work?
Could somebody give detailed steps to follow. I have never installed any homebrewed stuff.

Psilocybeing
June 23rd, 2005, 16:16
nah, you couldn't jump i don't think.

As I recall you could jump in Doom95, but not in any of the previous versions, don't hold me to it thought ;).

Hawq
June 23rd, 2005, 18:56
It was Legacy that gave you the ability to jump in Doom, a rather nice engine it was as well though Doomsday blew it away when it appeared

Puerrican718
June 23rd, 2005, 20:15
Jump was added in the source ports for windows like zdoom and legacy. Which both have source code available to public, so maybe if someone was to go look at it they can find other useful things to add to the psp port like hexen/heretic support and cool options like control config option and etc..

BaconButty
June 23rd, 2005, 20:48
Isn't jumping a requirement for the Doom 2 levels or is my memory failing me?

Actually, on the wad selector - is there a way of getting it to delete the DOOM2.WAD without connecting the PSP and doing it manually? I've noticed that, if you have Ultimate Doom in there, any DOOM2.WAD will prevent you from playing it. Is there some trick I haven't thought of to stop it reading DOOM2.WAD? I tried simply getting the selector to copy an empty text document in but that didn't seem to work.

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 22:25
Isn't jumping a requirement for the Doom 2 levels or is my memory failing me?

Actually, on the wad selector - is there a way of getting it to delete the DOOM2.WAD without connecting the PSP and doing it manually? I've noticed that, if you have Ultimate Doom in there, any DOOM2.WAD will prevent you from playing it. Is there some trick I haven't thought of to stop it reading DOOM2.WAD? I tried simply getting the selector to copy an empty text document in but that didn't seem to work.

I really wish someone would make some kind of file manager for psp, giving us the option to delete, copy, move and rename files.

Trevsweb
June 23rd, 2005, 22:47
hehe doubt there will be anything too extravigant just yet. maybe just file loaders for the time being, soon i recon we will be getting the full blown operating systems like they have on the GP32 :P

lantus
June 24th, 2005, 00:49
you cant jump in doom or doom2. some of the newer engines have jump functionality but it certainly was never part of the original design

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 02:29
I really wish someone would make some kind of file manager for psp, giving us the option to delete, copy, move and rename files.

It would not be very hard to do actualy. We have full IO suport now and can accomplish anything.

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 02:30
Dear (guy who did this mod),
I agree the game works better with triggers but your method for wad loading is a bit crapy (you can't play doom 1 now, nor if you had a wad in the root, your screwed, So you have to have space for x2 the 1 wad you want).

Hey lantus,
Any plans to suport key config & proper wad loader?

Cpasjuste
June 24th, 2005, 11:56
Yes sure , ur welcome to do something better nexis2600 :)

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 13:04
Yes sure , ur welcome to do something better nexis2600 :)
I took a quick peak. It looks simple enough to do. I'll mod it today since i got my pc back (my home pc went down recently).

Cpasjuste
June 24th, 2005, 16:53
Yes true it musnt be hard for a real coder. Its one of my first "modified code" ever, but i manage to expand my knowledge as long as i can :p
I'm actually working to add the RIN menu on DoomPSP, really hard thing for a real noob like me but it learn me a lot. I'm also trying to add menu to the neogeoCD emulator (and cpu speed trick) but for now i cant compile the unzip.c file ... strange and bad.

(Sorry for my poor english..)

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 17:26
Yes true it musnt be hard for a real coder. Its one of my first "modified code" ever, but i manage to expand my knowledge as long as i can :p
I'm actually working to add the RIN menu on DoomPSP, really hard thing for a real noob like me but it learn me a lot. I'm also trying to add menu to the neogeoCD emulator (and cpu speed trick) but for now i cant compile the unzip.c file ... strange and bad.

(Sorry for my poor english..)

Actualy I think the rin menu would be a waste to doom. It just needs a simple but sweet preboot and throw in the option in the main menu to give key config. I'll try to give one a quick pass tonight.

Good luck on neocd. I really would like to see someone do CDA, Audio & upclock suport. It will be perfect then.

wraggster
June 24th, 2005, 18:12
i must give you a special rank Cpasjuste, what would you like ?

also if you want to use this forum to host projects you can upload up to 8 meg

Cpasjuste
June 25th, 2005, 18:49
Thanks for the support wraggster ! :)

nexis2600
June 25th, 2005, 20:44
quick question. What sdk are you guys using to compile. I swaped to a makefile and am getting linking errors for functions I still dont have (im using the old nem method still). I cant find sprintf

BladedSun XAI
June 26th, 2005, 20:31
Good luck on neocd. I really would like to see someone do CDA, Audio & upclock suport. It will be perfect then.

I know some emus like a few of the Genesis emus will play sega cd iso in an ISO/mp3 format. Perhaps one could design a method of playback in that format for neocd, with the ISO zipped even or even using the native atrac3+ codec for the audio tracks

Cpasjuste
June 27th, 2005, 15:12
Hi nexis2600, i compile it with the ps2dev toolchain, using cygwin.

jocappy
June 28th, 2005, 01:04
Still not working... I downloaded every file from the site. But cannot get doom running on my psp... Just get a game loading please wait for ever.. then crashes. HELP!

HighFlyer15
June 29th, 2005, 11:38
I have the same problem.. I've made the doom-psp folder and the wad folder and unzipped the eboot file in the first of course and the wad in the (d'oh) wad folder.. But still I only get the please wait and then the last text coming up is playloop or something..

BaconButty
July 4th, 2005, 20:52
Was there a version since that had a way of selecting any wad? Now that I have Final Doom, I'd love to be able to go from Ultimate Doom to TNT or Plutonia on the fly but it's not possible with any versions I have found.

thorhammer25
July 13th, 2005, 18:46
when ever i start doom on my psp it says "The game cannot be started.(80020001)
what should i do?

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 21:29
are u using a program like kxploit or seipsp tools?

sam
July 18th, 2005, 22:34
helloooo im new hooray. also problem. it gets to the part where it says please choose program to use, then theres nothing to choose and only thing that does anything is pressing home. any ideas?

[AFX]
July 31st, 2005, 06:08
So far, this is the best port I have played. The only thing that makes the other one I use better is that it is full screen, and the sound actually sounds good. On your version, your sound sounds like, well, garbage. The homebrew I am using has perfect sound from the PC. If you could add these two features/updates in the next version, you will have the best homebrew Doom out there :P.

I ran into a bug while testing your version. When I tried to run Heretic, it just booted me back to the main menu of the PSP. Thought you would like to know that.

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 07:06
well, err, 0.04 has been out for quite a while, and maybe even another one after that not sure, which fixed a lot of issues and made it full screen...

[AFX]
August 1st, 2005, 20:25
It's no big deal now, a version of DOOM-PSP was released and you could create multiple instances of the homebrew, so now I have all my games set up. Thanks anyways though.

p3ngin
September 21st, 2005, 01:59
ok i got doom onto my psp but it says cannot open game it says "The game could not be started (80020001)

p3ngin
September 21st, 2005, 02:00
sry didnt read the message above but can some give me a program that will make this work

atvcom
October 17th, 2005, 15:53
No you could not jump in pc doom but you can if you are using the doom legacy engine.

roadkill
November 19th, 2005, 03:37
what firmware does it work on, 1.5 or 2.0?

Street_Ninja
December 3rd, 2005, 23:32
I am using version 2.00 with EBOOT loader 085 and it's working fine for me

PG-1
December 26th, 2005, 21:37
Hey can somebody tel me how to copy doom to my psp including
the folders and where the files going to, because I have spagetti and
meetballs in my psp - and if I need any other appl to run it! :cool:

JonasDA87
January 12th, 2006, 02:16
now add a jump button you could jump in doom on the pc if i do recall

I own the original Dooms and I still play them on the PC. There is no jump button. The jump button wasn't added till Doom 3 which came out for the PC and then the Xbox a few months later.

jpui
January 20th, 2006, 22:22
Um.... your downloads are down.. i cant get to it..

Galco
January 22nd, 2006, 16:32
Hi, fellas. I am new here, so go easy on me. I am a complete lama, newbie, etc at this loading roms and wads and all that mess. I have the DOOM-PSP-0.02_cap2.zip and a QuakePSP.zip. All in all, how do I get them to work. I KNOW this has been asked a BILLION times, and please forgive me, for I cannot find a THING about how to do this. The best I can find is to create a folder on the memory card called GAMES, and something about loading the .wad files in the wad folder. That is about it. I thank you for the help. Thanks many times, guys.

EDIT : Oh yes, I am running 2.00.

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 21:59
This needs to be installed in a folder called PSP/GAME/QUAKE-PSP

The pak files go in the /ID1 sub folder

Pretty straight forward!

Put your .wad files in /psp/game/doom-psp/wad/

That tells us that DoomPSP must be in a folder called /psp/game/doom-psp

Why are you using version 0.02 anyway? Go HERE (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml) and you can get version 0.05!

EDIT : Oh yes, I am running 2.00

To run homebrew on 2.00, you will require Fanjitas eBoot loader, may I recommend a version called 'Choice' from HERE (http://www.xart.co.uk), its the easiest to install, just extract the folder called 'Choice' into the /PSP/PHOTO folder and you're away!

Cheers,
Fox

Galco
January 24th, 2006, 22:10
I really thank you, man. I will do it! But also, I am running 2.00 because I hear the new versions suck, right? Just something I heard..