PDA

View Full Version : PSX on 3.40oe????????!!!!!

magic-man
August 13th, 2007, 14:10
Hey people, this is my first post and i need your help. I am desperatlely trying to get psx games to run on my 3.40oe psp, but no matter what i do, it just doesn't work. I have searched forums and threads to find an answer but i just cannot seem to make it work. I have the psX eboot and keys.bin and put it in my game folder...nothing, just displays a corrupt data icon. I have used popstation but this still doesn't work, just displays a corrupt icon, what am i doing wrong?? I also recall someone saying something about trouble doing it with a custom xmb?? (i have a custom xmb) your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mazu
August 13th, 2007, 14:38
Is your psp version 3.40 OE? (Just making sure). If so, place the eboot of the game and the keys.bin in one a folder and place that folder in the Game Folder on your PSP (Not GAME150 folder). If thats what you are already doing and it isnt working then i suggest remaking the eboot of the game.

Also, if you got the PSX image/iso/etc from a CD, trying getting the info off the CD with another program (My apologies forum mods for talking about game images ; ; ) some programs wont get the image off the CD correctly.

magic-man
August 13th, 2007, 14:49
Ok, well i have downloaded my eboots and havn't actuallly made my own, but i will try now using iso buster, then i will convert it to eboot and extract to my psp using popstation, is this right?? Thanks for the reply btw

Mazu
August 13th, 2007, 14:56
Just a heads up, iso talk on this board isnt aloud so carefull what you say. You should be ripping your own copies anyways lol.

magic-man
August 13th, 2007, 15:03
oh my bad :) But the ones i have downloaded, i do own...if that makes a difference but yeh, i know what you're saying. But would that be the right way to do it. I am looking at psx2psp, is that easy to use for idiots like me? :)

magic-man
August 13th, 2007, 17:53
right, this is seriously bugging me. I have done everything and i don't know what im doing wrong. I ripped my ps1 game to an img file, then using popstation, i convert it to eboot and keys.bin, i then put this in its own folder within the game folder, and it just appears as corrupt data...... could someone please help, thank you. oh, and yes, i am running 3.40oe

Saracchini
August 13th, 2007, 18:27
Use autopostation 4. It automatizes all the process.

magic-man
August 13th, 2007, 19:15
Okay, used autopopstation 4, and i did everthing right. Created the iso, converted it to eboot etc, but it still came up as corrupted data, this is so annoying.

August 13th, 2007, 19:26
are you sure it's not in a subfolder of a subfolder?
IE*x://psp/game/ffvii/disc 1
make sure that it's in x*psp drive*://PSP/GAME/whatever the name of your folder is for the game. it doesn't matter.
you might not need keys.bin. because i don't .
magic man i suggest you get psx2psp it is the best converter out there. also make sure you are using the latest popstation.exe the one that allows cdda data to be read

magic-man
August 14th, 2007, 16:40
Ok cheers, ill give it a shot. Oh and no, i am not putting a subfolder in a subfolder -

PSX2PSP v1.2 - Popstation GUI. Is this the latest one? I'll try it out, see if this solves my problem.

magic-man
August 14th, 2007, 18:25
Okay, no matter what i do, i just get corrupt data icons...... I even upgraded to 3.52 m33 to see if that would solve anything but it didn't. What shall i do??

jxx2005
August 15th, 2007, 15:02
are you putting it in teh right folder?
it goes in GAME
not GAME150 or GAME340 or anything else
just "GAME"

magic-man
August 15th, 2007, 16:30
yeh. I am doing this:

e:/psp/game/crash2/eboot.pbp

I have tried diff games with and without the keys. but still does not seem to work. And 3.52m33 sucks, it got rid of my custom xmb and it freezes when i go into usb. Also can't seem to downgrade back to 3.40oe.....

I will try it on a different memory stick, because i think i have a fake sony 4gb. I'll try my official one.

jxx2005
August 15th, 2007, 17:05
3.52 m33 is kinda sketchy
but m33-2 is great

magic-man
August 15th, 2007, 20:02
ok, i downgraded from that firmware back to 3.40oe and swapped my fake sony to my official one, and the games work amazingly perfect. So annoying, i have a 4gb conterfeit sony, and a 512mb official one. Looks like i have to invest in a new mem card
:( Has anyone had this problem before? Oh well, glad it works and i am pleased that i have not gone insane... Thanks for you're help everyone

MicroNut
August 16th, 2007, 03:39
Yes, I have.
Counterfeit memory cards cause all sorts of read write problems.
Although many will argue that they have no problems.
Whatever your experience is, I recommend that a counterfeit card is never used for firmware up/down grading.

There is nothing wrong with 3.52 M33-2
Its FUD.
When folks say this, they never say why they know its "buggy"

Read before upgrading and you'll know that themes must be converted or recreated for new firmwares.

This happens not because of M33 but because Sony changes the way things work all the time.
This is why there are themes built for most versions of custom firmware.

HowTo convert custom 3.40OE icons to 3.5x M33 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69369)
Checkout Evolve (http://www.evolvexmb.com) for upgrades to existing 3.40OE custom theme packages.