PDA

View Full Version : NDSWebradio 0.3 Beta

wraggster
August 13th, 2007, 16:54
Yaouank (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,1031.msg8294/topicseen.html#new)has updated his streaming radio app for the DS, heres whats new etc via translation.

With the origin, Dissonance (of Dave Brady) is a software reading a radio operator Web on line. The URL of the radio is coded into hard.
loloz3 created NDSWebradio v0.1 and v0.2 starting from the source code of Dissonance by modifying the radio in line (passage at frequency 3) and by commencant the interface.
Wanting to have several radio possible, I took again the project.

The source code being passes through 3 people and several versions of devkitarm, I acknowledge that it starts to be a little fouilli. It will be necessary that I arrange that later.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

colean
August 13th, 2007, 22:55
it works fine on my dslite.
the french radio frequence3.fr is great, and i like to add my favorites.
Can i just add them in the radio.txt?

rememberthe8bit
August 14th, 2007, 14:42
Yeah, you just add them like this...

line 1: Put a name for the station
line 2: Put the URL of the station
line 3: Put the port to connect to the station

So, if you had something like frequence3.fr:8080 then it would become:

Frequence 3
frequence3.fr

(Don't put spaces between the stations like this:)
Frequence 3
frequence3.fr

<There should be no space>

Frequence 2
frequence2.fr

colean
August 15th, 2007, 02:44
this works great, but there themes to be problems with the quality. I cant play 64bit or 128bit stations.

Adrenalin
August 15th, 2007, 08:58
Thanks for the app, but i find it hard to understand how to add some stations.

EDIT: nevermind, i've pretty much figured it out, and your dev-fr topic was quite helpful

fkhan
August 15th, 2007, 18:18
Thanks for the app, but i find it hard to understand how to add some stations.

EDIT: nevermind, i've pretty much figured it out, and your dev-fr topic was quite helpful

Could you please tell what I need to do to add new stations to the NDS Web Radio?

Thanks

fast3kgt
August 30th, 2007, 06:10
Yeah, you just

So, if you had something like frequence3.fr:8080 then it would become:

Frequence 3
frequence3.fr

The most important step is to move the radio.txt file to the root of your card!

I was trying forever and no stations would work, then I figured that out and have been able to add a few!

Also it would be cool if you guys wanted to share your web radio stations here by copying and pasting the 3 lines of information for whatever station you recommend into this thread.

Metal
JennyFM
stream2.jenny.fm
Social Crime Radio
s4.viastreaming.net
No holds barred
nhbradio.com
WBUR
wbur-sc.streamguys.com

ps: is there anyway to make the music louder? Even at full volume the music coming out of DS speakers isn't very loud.

JPDVM2014
September 2nd, 2007, 18:44
I found a few stations but i don't know how to get the information that i need to add them to radio.txt. How do you go about getting the port number and everything? BTW, i'm mainly finding stations on SHOUTcast.com so if anyone knows a better place to look please let me know.

EDIT: Also, has anyone got this to work on a R4DS? I just tried it and it keeps hanging on "Connecting via WFC data".

fast3kgt
September 3rd, 2007, 05:07
I found a few stations but i don't know how to get the information that i need to add them to radio.txt. How do you go about getting the port number and everything? BTW, i'm mainly finding stations on SHOUTcast.com so if anyone knows a better place to look please let me know.

Shoutcast is the best place I found to find stations. To find the station info while using winamp click on "File" then click "View File Info." This will show you the url and the port number!

JPDVM2014
September 3rd, 2007, 05:11
Shoutcast is the best place I found to find stations. To find the station info while using winamp click on "File" then click "View File Info." This will show you the url and the port number!

ok, thx. Now i just need to get it to connect. :(

EDIT: I got it to connect. Just had to disable WEP. I hope that gets fixed in a later version because it will be really annoying to have to disable wep everytime i want to use this.

Enaress
September 8th, 2007, 04:47
When I load a station, it keeps clipping over and over, and restarting, not sure whats wrong...
It won't let me attempt to change channels because of this also.

iXneonXi
September 9th, 2007, 02:46
It seems to be having trouble connecting. I see it trying to communicate but it doesn't get past the following part:

DLDI -> OK
/Radio.txt -> OK
Connecting via WFC data

Other WFC games work. Router is D-Link DGL-4300. No encryption. Wireless MAC Filtering enabled. I'm using an R4DS.

TeenDev
September 9th, 2007, 03:12
do you have a DS Lite?

iXneonXi
September 9th, 2007, 22:19
do you have a DS Lite?

Yes, I bought my Lite right after it came out I believe.

bleeb
September 15th, 2007, 09:58
Works fine over here! Great fun, thanks!

I have WEP enabled, but had to disable DHCP.

Is there a margin for performance improvement? My favourite Station ( 213.251.187.56:8000 ) is 128kbit/s and sounds like half-pitch or something.

n1np0
October 22nd, 2007, 10:48
Does anyone here have any problems running this on the horrific datel max media player? I patched the fild with the dldi patcher too.. well i'll have to try this elsewhere during work tomorrow

snarf2304
November 8th, 2007, 22:27
very nice application. I'm pretty much steeling the DS from my daughter.
have yo buy one for my self. Are there any updates planned

maiahee
December 5th, 2007, 10:47
is anybody else having problems changing the station? it just freezes and loops the short clip that is written...
any ideas?

ys_
February 11th, 2008, 14:30
Are you planning on release the source code? What's the problem on supporting DHCP?

DSorganize connects OK for me, so i supposse it won't be so difficult to add DHCP support to DSWebRadio looking at the DSOrganize source code.

Thank you by your efforts, keep up the good work.

witeds
March 18th, 2008, 03:24
dose any body know how i can find sites to put in it or how to get sites that have internet radio and is there a way to get the chanles from windows media player to put on it

Reintjuu
May 4th, 2008, 21:02
Can I add the stream from: http://www.slamfm.nl/luister.php it's a dutch music station but i like it. It's a stream and i dunno that it can be played... I don't know the port etc. but i've founded something @ a site: http://stream01.slamfm.trueserver.nl:8080/slamfm but:

Slam FM
stream01.slamfm.trueserver.nl

Don't work
Can anyone help me?

(english :P...)

kero9x
May 6th, 2008, 05:15
I've tried to make one particular URL work, but I think I'm doing something wrong.

The url is: http://74.200.85.149:80/kjfk_twr

I have already tried formatting it like this:
KJFK Tower
74.200.85.149/kjfk_twr

but it didn't work. How would one format a URL like this?

EDIT: I tried pasting the internet radio stations someone listed earlier in this thread, into radio.txt, but when I ran the program, it still only let me choose from the three default stations.

pingkao
May 20th, 2008, 03:32
"Could not connected" shown through the whole screen after loading it...
I uses M3DS Real with fixed IP and no wep. The wifi works well on dsbrowser and games.

No ideal....

luminouslight
May 26th, 2008, 03:48
I just got a black screen once it passed "WFC connecting"
I have a M3Real and everything else works fine.

rohan6b
November 1st, 2008, 01:47
which one is the port eg.64.62.194.5:15284)