PDA

View Full Version : 3DO emulator for PSP?

kamuixtv
August 14th, 2007, 00:56
Is it possible? - I think FreeDo is opensource but I'm not sure though.

Exophase
August 14th, 2007, 19:09
FreeDo won't ever run very well on PSP, and I'm pretty sure that it is not open source as well (used to be a long time ago, isn't anymore). It might be possible (CPU is like GBA's but somewhat weaker) but I doubt anyone will bother writing an all new one.

kamuixtv
August 14th, 2007, 23:43
yup it's also an ARMM cpu.

jamotto
August 15th, 2007, 06:54
but I doubt anyone will bother writing an all new one.

That would be a shame.

argor
August 17th, 2007, 18:44
admin wrote this over at freedo forums
i own PSP myself, wrote couple of usefull apps for it... however i doubt i will port FreeDO to it, since there's no stable way to run it. Let me explain myself: all those homebrew and firmware hacks are temporary. Here is my own experience -- i had v1.5 PSP till today, everything was ok, and i was considering to port FreeDO some day, but -- i've bought two games today, (for my son as gift) and as tried to run them -- both discs demanded update till 2.0 (they both have update on the disc) ... all v2.0 homebrew hacks i found are related on buffer overflaw issue in v2.0, which apparently will be fixed... there is no permanent solution to run homebrew.... although PSP is neat platform for on-the-go emulation, i do believe that SCEI will come one day with ultimate bios, which will be nightmare to hack.... (in fact i've seen some nice patches to all current hacks, don't ask me "how' and "where")

and just to add to this
* At the moment we're developing GP2X port,

hockey2112
August 17th, 2007, 19:39
That must be an old post... he has no mention of custom firmware, which is a much more stable solution for homebrew than the 2.0 exploit, etc...