PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my 2 Emulators, But Questions remain! Please help!

256kbs
June 23rd, 2005, 17:49
I just installed 2 emulators, A GBC one ( http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gameboyemupsp.shtml ) and a SNES one ( http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml )

Since my firmware is 1.5, I ran it through the KXploit tool... Works fine, but its a bit messy.

With both games, when I am I the home screen, I go under Games>Memory stick, I see the 2 emulators but I also see some stuff I dont want! For each emulator there are to 'games' (They are just floating files, actualy) that say 'Currupted Data.' Can I get rid of those?? Also, is there a way to alter the picture for the Emulators? I want it so I dont have to read through the confusing and long titles...

Thanks, peace!

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 17:57
no no and no its just how it is maybe somebody will come up with something

AnHeL77
June 23rd, 2005, 18:51
theres an update 4 snes emu at psphacker.com

Jurykov
June 23rd, 2005, 19:18
I havent found a way to get rid of the corrupted data parts... That is what you are doing to make this exploit work, creating half a file in each directory, but the second directory (the one with the roms in it) is missing several key pieces of the file that makes the psp think its valid.

As for replacing the icons for each of your emulators, this is possible with a little bit of messing around. You will need the program pbp unpacker (sorry no link, google...)

These instructions are off the top of my head as I can't install the software on this machine.

1. Use the k-xploit tool to make your 2 folders as you would normally.
2. With pbp unpacker open the pbp file in your non% folder and extract the files out into working directory #1 (a new direcotry on your computer)
3. With pbp unpacker open the original pbp from your emulator (the one on that k-xploit makes wont work, it needs to be the one from your original download) and extract it to working directory #2 (another new directory)
4. Icon0.png is the little thumbnail, and pic1.png is the background. Either copy the respective files from direcotry 2 into directory one, or make/download your own icons. I dont know the exact graphics sizes, but the size of icon0.png is listed in the pdf that came with k-xploit somewhere
5. In pbp unpacker create a new file, and browse for your .sfo, icon0.png, and pic1.png (the new icons you want to use)
6. Save the new pbp into your non% directory on your MS
7. Enjoy your new icons

This may not be 100% correct (or coherent)... reciting all this off the top of my head from a few days ago. Just play with the software, the worst thing you can do is make a pbp that won't boot...

Hope this at least points someone in the right direction.

Jurykov

Jdemon
June 23rd, 2005, 19:48
You aren't going to get rid of the "corrupted data" icons. Thoes are actually the DATA.PSP files (in thier folders) that have been re-named to EBOOT.PBP to trick your PSP.

PBP Unpacker - http://www.pdc.me.uk/pbp/

I highly recomend the use of this program and reading the "B-Method" parts of both the MSwap and XPloit tutorials. Once you understand what it is you are doing and how it works, you won't need the other programs....And you will be able to cusomize your own Icon/BG image for each emulator...I still have to figure out how to encode AT3 files...if you can, you can also add sound. Actually you could just use sound from one of your game saves that has sound. :D