PDA

View Full Version : uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y13

wraggster
June 23rd, 2005, 17:46
Y of PSP Wiki has released another new version of his Unnofficial Port of Snes 9x for the PSP.

This release adds save states.
Download from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Y and PSP Wiki for the release.

AnHeL77
June 23rd, 2005, 17:57
cant wait 4 a vba emu update.

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 20:54
the one thing i dont like on the update is every time i change a rom it goes back to 222mhz and normal screen size i have to change it back to full screen and 333mhz. has anybody else had this happen

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 22:22
anhel77- stay on topic.

slayer, i dont seem to have that issue in the 12 release. does this only happen for 13?

Gamelver
June 23rd, 2005, 22:27
I've had the same thing happen to me in the 12 release.....it's not a big deal, really, just a bit annoying

Robin555
June 23rd, 2005, 23:17
the one thing i dont like on the update is every time i change a rom it goes back to 222mhz and normal screen size i have to change it back to full screen and 333mhz. has anybody else had this happen
it does this so you can have custom settings for each game.

MadMonkee
June 24th, 2005, 04:30
Yea but still too slow and a non-working auto-frameskip.

Shannon
June 24th, 2005, 10:59
Anyone else have problems with super mario allstars? Since the last release (y12) I get an "ANTI piracy message". :lol:

ganon
June 24th, 2005, 13:39
probably got a bad rom

BaconButty
June 24th, 2005, 14:39
I remember that there was some sort of graphics pack to get Street Fighter Alpha 2 to work - is this the case with this SNES emulator or is it just not supported yet? Has anyone got SFA2 to work?

TIA

Edit: Sorry, ignore this. Somehow I had downloaded the wrong build and was using an older version. It works in the new build although the speed is rather inconsistant. It still amazes me what is being done so early on the PSP.

ganon
June 24th, 2005, 20:21
im gonna try street fighter turbo soon with the turbo cheat

watoto
June 24th, 2005, 20:29
mh,do you guys think the emu will be able to support high resolution text?because it's need ed in order to play games like seiken densetsu 3 and others

Mario
June 24th, 2005, 22:06
hi, I got a SNES rom with extension ".swc" ... now, I've already downloaded "uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y13" and installed it on my psp using the "kxploit", but I can't play the rom, do I have to re-name it, (I've read that you have to rename the gba roms, but I don't know about the SNES roms) Can somebody please help me ?

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 00:09
try renaming to .smc

jocappy
June 25th, 2005, 00:16
Why is the game play so slow. What do I need to do to pick up the game play speed. I tried a few different roms and all play WAY slower than the old school SNES... WHat the Fu*&

D-Boy
June 25th, 2005, 00:43
Turn off transparency, up the clock speed at your own risk and run in normal screen mode

Shannon
June 25th, 2005, 00:55
probably got a bad rom

Uhhhh it worked with previous versions of Snes9x for the PSP and works just fine with about every other SNES emu on every console system and my pc that I've used.

jocappy
June 25th, 2005, 01:33
Turn off transparency, up the clock speed at your own risk and run in normal screen mode

Turn up clock speed at own risk? What "could" happen? I am guessing something happened to someone or there wouldnt be a risk... what is the risk???

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 02:19
your psp suddenly stops workin

Chrone
June 25th, 2005, 03:02
Turn up clock speed at own risk? What "could" happen? I am guessing something happened to someone or there wouldnt be a risk... what is the risk???

Oh god not this again.

Its designed to run at 333mhz, it was limited for battery issues. The only issue with running 333mhz all the time is the same with any electronic device. If you run it at full speed all the time it would degrade the system faster, so lets say the PSP's 10 year life span becomes a 9 year life span.

Thats all just theory though, theres no proof, and the official reason is because running at 333mhz cuts your battery time down to about 2-3 hours and Sony couldnt market a machine that only gets 2-3hours of game time on a full charge.

But whats it matter, this discussion about "overclocking" (Please get your facts straight before saying that word) will inevitably continue to arise and rumors will never stop being spread.

ShinShoryu
June 25th, 2005, 04:33
I remember that there was some sort of graphics pack to get Street Fighter Alpha 2 to work - is this the case with this SNES emulator or is it just not supported yet? Has anyone got SFA2 to work?

im gonna try street fighter turbo soon with the turbo cheat

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa...whats all this SF talk? Is SF now running on SNES with good speed? Whats this turbo cheat? I know theres no way Alpha 2 can be running very well yet but maybe SFII and SFII Turbo. I've been playing SFII Turbo on my Turbo Grafx PCEP 0.7 since its the only one I could get playing decently.

I didnt even know SNES had fullscreen support yet. Good stuff.

ShinShoryu
June 25th, 2005, 20:47
Bump

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 22:18
street fighter runs pretty well

Cap'n 1time
June 26th, 2005, 03:53
street fighter runs pretty well

not quite would id like to see though...

off topic.. has anyone else noticed how much the gen version of samuri showdown kicks ass compared to the snes version... of course the neogeo version kicks the crap out of them both...

buffokill
June 26th, 2005, 04:13
does anyone know any good links for ROMS on the snes9x

Kaiser
June 26th, 2005, 07:04
does anyone know any good links for ROMS on the snes9x

No rom begging. We don't no where to get them :rolleyes:

ArugulaZ
June 26th, 2005, 07:34
You could always give him Kojote's address. All those ROMs are designed by hobbyists and are completely free and legal to use.

http://www.pdroms.de/index.php

I'd personally recommend Bio-Worm myself. It's not the world's most visually stunning game, but it's fun and addictive, especially for a homebrew. It plays a lot like the arcade games of old... you know, Robotron, Pac-Man, and especially Spectar/Targ.

JR

ganon
June 26th, 2005, 12:49
did ne1 pull of a hadouken on street fighter turbo coz i couldnt