PDA

View Full Version : Lost/black recovery screen on DAX 3.40-OE firmware - help!

muppettom
August 14th, 2007, 13:39
Hi guys,

It appears that I can no longer access the recovery menu on my PSP (which had usually appeared when I held R whilst powering on). I have tried to access it in this way but I am now left with the screen going black and the psp remaining powered on. Since this function is pretty essential to change between 1.50 and 3.40 kernels I was wondering if there was anything I could do about it? I really don't want to lose 1.50 functionality, so I was wondering whether there was any way I could do a fresh install of DAX 3.40-OE or go to another custom firmware such as the M33 etc? I am a bit sceptical doing this because I have lost the recovery menu after all and don't want to brick it. Any suggestions?

Gizmo356
August 14th, 2007, 13:41
I say update to 3.52 M33

muppettom
August 14th, 2007, 13:44
I have heard that the M33 release is a bit buggy. Could you confirm that it is ok? If I do upgrade could I go straight from 3.40-OE to that or would I have to downgrade?

Any other suggestions from other people?

Gizmo356
August 14th, 2007, 13:50
I haven't found any bugs and yeah straight from oe

razorak
August 14th, 2007, 13:54
U can upgrade directly from 3.40 OE

If u have a backup of your psp's flash you may want to try replacing the damaged files which would be slightly difficult to determine, like recovery.prx in the kd folder. You may have to replace the whole kd folder if u really have no idea what's wrong. It's around 29kb.

If not i'd suggest you upgrade. If anything were to happen during the upgrade process i dun think even a functional recovery could help much.

muppettom
August 14th, 2007, 14:06
Thanks for the fast response guys. My dilemma is this, my PSP works if I just turn it on, but if I press the right trigger at startup then I don't get the recovery I just get a black screen.
I don't want to risk potentially rendering it useless, but if I don't do something it offers me fairly limited appeal. For this reason I am tempted to go for a solution that would 'reinstate' the recovery option if that is at all possible, as a bad flash to another firmware could screw it.

razorak
August 14th, 2007, 14:27
Since your recovery is already screwed, if u're gonna flash something i'd recommend psp filer and use hacker mode. Or you could choose to live without recovery for some time until u're reallyneeding something that badly.

Here's something u can try. It's an eboot i found sometime ago that boots you to the recovery menu. If it really does not work flashing would be the only option i can suggest.

muppettom
August 14th, 2007, 14:44
Ok, I tried that and I was met with a black screen unfortunately. Thanks anyway for the tip, most appreciated.
Any other suggestions or should I just wait?