PDA

View Full Version : Name the Best of Handheld WiFi Games

wraggster
August 14th, 2007, 20:52
The Nintendo DS and Playstation Portable are excellent examples of why todays gaming industry is now back in the mainstream eye, even though they are 2 very different handhelds they share the delight of WiFi Gaming which for those of you who dont know what that means its the ability to play a a game online against other people from all over the world.

Its a concept that until this handheld generation didnt exist but it has transformed gaming to major new levels of enjoyment.

But enough of me rabbling, which are your favourite DS/PSP WiFi games since the birth of both the handhelds, let us know via comments.

Digg This (http://digg.com/gaming_news/What_Are_The_Best_WiFi_Games)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/What_Are_The_Best_WiFi_Games

Thanatos 2.0
August 14th, 2007, 21:01
Don't have a PSP sadly, but on the DS MPH

dunno how long it was a permanent cart in my DS, and it still gets some play time every now and then.

AaronRocksG
August 14th, 2007, 21:04
MPH or tony hawk american skateland. but as far as homebrew goes, it would hafta either ds organize internet or DsAIM

pas
August 14th, 2007, 21:19
For the DS MPH and Mariokart are currently the best games, but I think this will change if Megaman Starforce 2 releases ^^ !

bigleak2
August 14th, 2007, 21:43
:D i would have to say mario kart ds pokemon diamond and the new megaman games:thumbup: :cool:

::Xraxa, plz:.
August 14th, 2007, 22:05
Mario Kart and Metroid fo shizzle on DS. Some great homebrew wifi too.

Pilot_51
August 14th, 2007, 23:02
Metroid.
I ruined the touch screens on two DS's by playing too much Metroid and I recently had my second DS replaced with a Lite.
Once I got into homebrew, my R4 has been in my DS almost constantly. There's too much online homebrew to name my favorites... Well, DSOrganize is the best, but as far as games I can't decide. I think DSVNC is pretty impressive too.
I'm still waiting for an online WW2 FPS game, something like a portable BF1942, but Brothers in Arms and Call of Duty both fell short of online.

Junixx
August 14th, 2007, 23:17
Mario Kart and Metroid Prime: Hunters for me :D oh and Tony Hawks American Sk8land was pretty good too :thumbup:

Sonny_Jim
August 15th, 2007, 02:07
Metroid.
I ruined the touch screens on two DS's by playing too much Metroid
I find that small bits of grit tend to get stuck on the end of the stylus when it's in the DS. I always give the stylus a good wipe before I start playing.

DjExcalibur
August 15th, 2007, 04:06
Jump Ultimate Stars owns hard!

motomono
August 15th, 2007, 04:19
I agree with all of you DSers. But don't miss Planet Puzzle League and 42 All Time Games. Custom Robo Arena have possibilities in order to be a great WFC game. Diddy Kong DS is great also if you consider that you can play an action game with 8 online buddies at a time without noticeable lags. That's awesome for such a handheld.

:)

Pilot_51
August 15th, 2007, 04:38
I find that small bits of grit tend to get stuck on the end of the stylus when it's in the DS. I always give the stylus a good wipe before I start playing.I used the thumb strap, I can't play worth anything with the stylus. The thumb strap was more apt to squish grit into the screen, so I always tried to keep it clean by wiping it with my finger every once in awhile. After about 3 years of using it, the surface of the thumb strap got scratched up and I was trying to keep it clean and oily (with finger oil/sweat) to prevent that from ruining the screen.

The smooth screen surface on the first DS started peeling at my MPH "null zone" and revealed a very foggy low-sensitivity undersurface.
My second DS developed a very messed up horizontal sensitivity in the "null zone", which made it VERY hard to do anything that required touching that area (especially typing). and a short while later the pressure sensitivity in that area dropped as well.
Both DS's lasted through about 6 months of frequent MPH playing before developing those problems.

Long story short, I played WAY too much Metroid for two DS's to handle.
Metroid is my favorite not for wrecking my DS's but for being the one DS game I've been most addicted to. I'm also a huge FPS fan on PC and I like taking that kind of gameplay on the go.

Cygoku
August 15th, 2007, 06:39
Tetris by far.

Cygoku

lightningquickguy14
August 15th, 2007, 09:18
Not to sound like everyone else, but Mario Kart and Metroid Prime Hunters are probably the best.

cas2007
August 15th, 2007, 12:06
CRA online rules