PDA

View Full Version : mapthis help?

yenracer
August 15th, 2007, 06:00
4. Creating a trip with directions for use with Mapthis!

NOTE: This is a better copy created by The-Avenger, all credit goes to him.

a. Start GMDL
b. Click the directions tab up the top.
c. Next to the list button, select 'Google'.
d. Change to maps.google.com to the appropriate address matching your country/where you live.
e. In the actual Google Webpage (on the left) press 'get directions' link.
f. In the 2 boxes that appear, type in the starting location in the first box, and the ending location in the second box. (Enter as precise as possible)
g. If went fine, you should see a line on the map going from the two locations, and directions on the left.
h. Type in the 'from' box on the right (not the google webpage, the GMDL feature on the right) whatit says on the left after 'From:'(that is on the google webpage).
i. Type in the 'to' under the 'from' box (The GMDL feature, not the google webpage) on the right what it says on the left after 'To:' (On the google webpage).
j. Press the 'Get Values' button.
k. Press the 'List' button.
l. If all went well, the directions down the bottom right should be the same on the left in the google webpage. (Please ignore the MIDPOINT things.)
m. Type in a name after the 'Save POI (start with _):' button. Such as: _To My Mum's House
n. Press the 'Save POI (start with _):' button.
o. The file should be in the debug folder.
p. Drag that file into the map folder that it belongs to in your PSP MMS.

i did this and ended up with 1 file and i put it in the maps folder but when i run that file, it seems like it's loading the map forever, i waited for like 1 hr for a 1kb file because i wanted to test it out. am i doing something wrong? has anyone gotten this part to work because i have a road trip coming and really want this to work. thanks in advance

BassKadett
August 16th, 2007, 02:08
Did you put the file in the maps folder or in the folder of the map you want the directions for? The directions that you just made are an add-on to an existing map. Not a whole map in itself.

yenracer
August 16th, 2007, 02:33
i put that file into ms>psp>game352>mapviewer>maps

and then when i run the app on psp it says please wait while map is loading. it takes forever so i gave up.

i kinda understand what your talking about but what if i have a long trip like say from florida to california and wanted to use mapthis, how would i approach this because theirs no way i can fit the whole map of everystate i pass to get to california. any suggestions or is it impossible? thanks for the reply.

BassKadett
August 16th, 2007, 05:17
you have to put the directions in a map you have already created. its viewed as a POI.

You can exclude many tiles that aren't on your route for a country wide map, but it will still be huuuuge. making a few smaller maps is probably the way to go, but its gonna fill up a 4gb stick quick.

silverkiller
April 12th, 2010, 02:14
I can't find "from" and "to" on the Google page, please help~~ T^T