PDA

View Full Version : PSPMame 0.96 r03

wraggster
June 23rd, 2005, 21:41
TMK has followed up his port of Mame and has now ported the 0.96 version and it is now called PSPMame 0.96, this release has 6 editions and they are Namco, Sega, Tecmo, Capcom, Irem and Favo.

_DieSeL_ one of our great Chatroom icons (efnet #pspemu) has provided this news of whats new :

this has frameskip,333mhz option and loads of diff screenmodes.

Download from our PSPMame 0.96 page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspmame096.shtml

N3oGhozt
June 23rd, 2005, 22:04
What sort of compatibility does the Capcom version have? Anyone that has tested it out, please share your findings!

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2005, 22:17
What sort of compatibility does the Capcom version have? Anyone that has tested it out, please share your findings!

im wondering that too... also, the files compressed in izh? who does that?! crazy japanese people, thats who.

TheBiGW
June 23rd, 2005, 22:42
Ok I've tried the capcom one. No support for CPS1 or CPS2 :( Didn't get much further. Tried the SEGA one - better games supported on the list there like Outrun, Super Hang On, Shinobi etc. However, when you try and start them (I tried Shadow Dancer) you get 'the video could not be displayed' so I think there is still a long way to go. YMMV.

J@F
June 23rd, 2005, 23:23
I made zipped versions.

Jdemon
June 24th, 2005, 00:10
Cool wraggster!! Many thanks for posting this news :D Now once I stop drooling I'm gonna check these out.

BTW 'izh' is recognized by WinZip (and probably WinRar) if you have your file extentions set properly. Thanks for posting the files though J@F :cool:

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 00:31
Ok I've tried the capcom one. No support for CPS1 or CPS2 :( Didn't get much further. Tried the SEGA one - better games supported on the list there like Outrun, Super Hang On, Shinobi etc. However, when you try and start them (I tried Shadow Dancer) you get 'the video could not be displayed' so I think there is still a long way to go. YMMV.

I got the same error when trying to play street fighter 1

Jdemon
June 24th, 2005, 04:18
Well I am very jazzed by this new release especially the Analog now being accessable. I did a few tests tonight and even updated my site for thoes of you having trouble getting things working. Here's my rundown or this evenings activities...

Irem,Tecmo & Capcom Versions really didn't spark my interest much on the first look at the list...so I held off on them for now.

Sega Version :(

Unfortunately every single game I ran crashed..not sure if this is due to bad dumps or not. I'm assuming they couldn't all be bad though.

Namco Version :) Doing much better..still some games have issues.

**Working**
Jr Pac Man
Donkey Kong Jr (moon cresta) Sound issues

**Crashed**
Galaga
Pac Man

**Way too slow to even play/crashed when exiting (select+x)**
Rolling Thunder :( some day...
Pac Land

Favo Version :D Woohoo now that's more like it!!

**Working**
Crazy Kong
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr (Japan)
Frogger
Mr Do!

**Crashed**
Elevator Action
Mr Do! (bugfix)

**Way too slow to even play/crashed when exiting (select+x)**
Double Dragon II - The Revenge
Moon Potrol

consoul
June 24th, 2005, 04:23
Thanks jdemon.

larryg4
June 24th, 2005, 14:11
I 've tried the capcom version of the emu

workin
1943 ->almost perfect
1943 kai -> says roms missing?
Ghost 'n' goblins -> to slow , found an issue here ,when i pause the emu ,(R key) and then unpause for a few secs, there seem to be no frame skip and game seems smooth, if anyone finds out how to disable frameskip please post it.
Pang -> slow
Super Pang -> slow
Poker ladys -> nice but unplayable with the current button setup (haven't tried to change button config)

not working
Black tiger -> error "unable to start video emulation
black dragon -> hangs psp

u can config the emu whith (R button while in game select screen)
and u can exit a game by pressing x+select.

3dron
June 25th, 2005, 00:39
FAVO

Crazy Climber US) noisy sound, left arm is analog control, can't figure out right arm controls
Donkey Kong (US set1) partial sound
Donkey Kong 3 (US) partial sound
Frogger full sound
Moon Cresta noisy sound
Moon Patrol noisy sound
Mr.DO! full sound
Scrammble full sound
Super Cobra noisy sound
Time Pilot full sound
Vanguard full sound

Namco

DigDug II (New) full sound
DigDug rev 1) full sound
Galaga no version working
Galaxian (Namco Set 1) full sound
Mappy (US) full sound
Ms. PacMan Champion Edition full sound
Ms.PacMan (Midway) full sound
PacMan full sound
Pengo (set 1 rev.c) full sound
Pole Position no version working
RallyX full sound
Xevious no version working

Shannon
June 25th, 2005, 06:54
Is it just me or does this not support non-merged roms?

The only ones I can seem to get working are the "parent" ROMS wherease the child ROMS that need files from the "parent" it gives a not found?

pspdog
June 28th, 2005, 23:42
I have compile the MAME namco emulator with a custom background I created.

Here it is:
http://www.vdg3d.com/namco compile preview.jpg
MAME namco.zip (http://www.vdg3d.com/MAME namco.zip) (full compiled 1.5 exploit files included)

Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone. If so I will create more backgrounds and new icons(for ones that suffer) for more homebrew.

PSPDOG

LordVox
July 1st, 2005, 13:27
YES YES YES!
Please, more custom artwork and icons.
What program do you use to do this? Photoshop?

LordVox
July 1st, 2005, 13:29
Also, posting the files (just the background and icon as separate files) would be great, so we can choose to use one of the other, or use them with newer version of Mame.

While making artwork and icons takes time, using PSPbrew is a snap!

phantomk
July 4th, 2005, 09:16
Would be nice to see someone recompile a 222mhz mips capable 3d processor around the "13.0 ADSP2100" and "9.2 TMS34010" instruction file set in the latest build of mame. They could call this Mame version the "3D Atari" set. Would be nice to have Stunn Runner and Hard Driving working on the PSP.

Ok I'm dreaming, but it only takes one step, and of all the old classic arcade games that I'm dying to play on the PSP. Stunn Runner is number 1 on that list- there are many builds of it too. Some one already got a little 3d proggie working on the psp. Stunn Runner 4 PSP!!!!

AfroCole
July 4th, 2005, 10:44
I'm having a little trouble getting any of these mame games to work. Can I only play the games on the list? I have put the game files all over the place, and even tho the files are in , i get a 'FILE NOT FOUND' error with any game I try. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Jason

LordVox
July 6th, 2005, 15:14
Correct. You can ONLY play the roms in the list (menu when you run the emu on the psp). Not all of the game sin that list will run properly. You also need the working roms (ideally latest .96 rom)

ataribob
July 12th, 2005, 22:03
Correct. You can ONLY play the roms in the list (menu when you run the emu on the psp). Not all of the game sin that list will run properly. You also need the working roms (ideally latest .96 rom)

I have the complete Mame 97 version and none work when it tries to load the rom It will give not found :mad:

ataribob
July 16th, 2005, 03:42
Do you have to load the 6 parts as different names.
When I use the loader to load all 6 as same name it only show like 50 games.

LordVox
July 16th, 2005, 15:12
You need to treat each of these as 6 separate programs/emulators.

fatsausage
July 22nd, 2005, 00:34
I have compile the MAME namco emulator with a custom background I created.

Here it is:
http://www.vdg3d.com/namco compile preview.jpg
MAME namco.zip (http://www.vdg3d.com/MAME namco.zip) (full compiled 1.5 exploit files included)

Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone. If so I will create more backgrounds and new icons(for ones that suffer) for more homebrew.

PSPDOG

Doesn't work on the 1.5 PSP :(