PDA

View Full Version : GBA Emulator not Working

Cabface
June 23rd, 2005, 23:55
Ok so this is my first post here woot. Alright so yesterday I installed the SNES9x emu on my psp (1.5, KXploit in case it matters.) I wanted to get the GBA one so I did, today, installed it, put a game on it. Yet when I start up the program, it looks like it's loading, goes to black, then goes straight to the home menu, no error message, just straight home. Anyone have any idea why? Does KXploit have issues with the GBA emu for some reason? Or does my PSP just suck?

nozser
June 24th, 2005, 00:01
ya i had that i followed everything they say, placeing rom.gba in it ect.

still there are loads of other emulators so i will wait till the masterminds make a better gba emulator.

Thanx anyway

Gamelver
June 24th, 2005, 00:37
make sure the folder is named VBAPSP

Shinobe
June 24th, 2005, 02:33
I got it working,
Heres what I did...

1. Download VBAPSP

2. Download KXploit

3. Download a GBA ROM

4 unzipped vbapsp.zip

5 open up KXploit, Name it VBAPSP and browse for the the EBOOT.PBP and stick it in your PSP.

6 open up your PSP mem card on your explorer
the dir should be something like "x:\PSP\GAME\VBAPSP"

7 unzip your fav rom, rename it from "your rom name goes here.gba" to "rom.gba" and put the rom into the "x:\PSP\GAME\VBAPSP" dir

8 enjoy.

This thing doesnt have a browser, so one rom at a time.
It runs too slow to play (i've only tried one game atm)
There is no sound
no emu option (not that I can find anyways)

Great stuff never the less.

AnHeL77
June 24th, 2005, 02:55
im waiting on the gba update myself,i got a huge selection of roms 4 it,cant wait.....

Gamelver
June 24th, 2005, 04:10
im waiting on the gba update myself,i got a huge selection of roms 4 it,cant wait.....
same here :D.....then I won't have to bring my GBA SP AND my PSP everywhere I go :p!!!!

///Mp0w3r
June 24th, 2005, 13:47
domination.