PDA

View Full Version : PSP Movies now freezing HELP PLEASE

Sundowner
June 24th, 2005, 09:46
Hi,
I need help with the movie player in PSP, i converted a DVD and a mpg into mp4 using 3gp once and video9 for the other one. using two pc´s saving time and to check out which is the better prg... :cool:
I put the files in the created folder and everything was working fine.
I had the thumbnails on the PSP Mainscreen, and the movies were working perfectly. I could use all the functions of the player during watching the movies. :)
About two hours later i want to give it a try again and take a look at the movies again, but know when i start the movies the PSP freezes and i just have a black screen and the play symbol is shown in the lower left corner.
I dont know what to do anymore.. :mad:
I have 1.50...
does anyone have the 1.50 firmware update and can provide maybe a new installation will help?? do you have any experiences in this? :confused:

Help would be higly appreciated..

Jdemon
June 24th, 2005, 11:44
Umm...odds are you just got to the end of the movie...The PSP does remember where you last stopped a video file. Try pulling up the controls and pressing that little |<- Icon. I hope that's all it is, I haven't had any problems with vid soo far.

Sundowner
June 24th, 2005, 12:13
Try pulling up the controls and pressing that little |<- Icon. I hope that's all it is, I haven't had any problems with vid soo far.

This will not work, as soon i start the video the PSP freez, :mad:
I cant do anything than a reboot than. But the PSP makes that himself after a short while..

I checked a few forums, but couldn´t find anybody with a similiar Problem..
I cant believe i´m the first and only one having this Problem. I have my PSP a week now ( living in Europe, pls excuse for the delay :D ).
And i´m not really a newbie in Emulating and video stuff, but still lot to learn..

YourStillWithMe
June 24th, 2005, 17:08
Sundowner I have the same problem buddy heres what you do every like 3-5 mins pause the movie (UMD) or video that you got from your PC for about 3-5 secs, unpause and than continue playing next 3-5 mins 3-5 secs and keep repeating that process. Just try not to do it at Climax scenes and plan ahead haha peace

Jdemon
June 24th, 2005, 18:52
Well I would remove thoes files from your card...back-up any gamesaves to your PC, and re-format your card. Then I would encode something else and try again. Also try d/l something from the web. And this is only happening with video files right? Not with UMD Movies? Also you might want to check the copies of the files using your PC to see if they work ok...maybe it's the encoding causing the problem.

Sundowner
June 27th, 2005, 07:49
Hmm i found out that this is only with movies wich are over 350MB...
is there any block in the PSP system which doesnt allow movies from the Mem Stcik :confused:
I converted some series and they all work fine. than i converted Batman and doesnt work.. so i tried to split Batman into two pieces and converted them again.. and voila now they work.... One file is 176MB the other one 180MB.
But this cant be right i normaly should be able to have the convert the complete movie and watch it from the stick. ... OR AM I WRONG ???

Sundowner
June 27th, 2005, 07:52
Sundowner I have the same problem buddy heres what you do every like 3-5 mins pause the movie (UMD) or video that you got from your PC for about 3-5 secs, unpause and than continue playing next 3-5 mins 3-5 secs and keep repeating that process. Just try not to do it at Climax scenes and plan ahead haha peace

Hi tio,

every 3-5min ??? Hello, i want to enjoy the movie and not get near to throw the PSP against the wall... ( kidding, would never do this )... a 90 minutes movies will then keep you up all night.... :) No way... :D