PDA

View Full Version : WarlorDS Updated

wraggster
August 15th, 2007, 21:54
Beatwho (http://nakedinjapan.net/ds/) has updated his homebrew game WarlorDS.

http://nakedinjapan.net/ds/WarlorDS_files/movement_1.jpg

Heres whats new:

8/14/2007 - updated the roms with a couple new graphics and some small bug fixes, nothing really major. Just going through cleaning up the code atm.
8/xx/2007 - Sorry about the lack of updates, Ive been REALLY busy with other things (moved to Japan and gotta find myself a job!), but i am still keen on getting back to work on warlords.

Ive had requests from people about releasing the code. I will tidy it up a bit first and then release it for everybody, probably using subversion or something. If you're interested in coding/helping then drop me a line.

-- b2

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

narn
August 16th, 2007, 04:36
Gave it a try, pretty good game. I thought it was done quite well compared to much homebrew. I have one question though. When I go to save or load a game it asks to "format the memory" and press "A" to continue. Is this going to affect anything else on my card by doing this? I didnt try, i just shut it off.

KuLeD00d
August 16th, 2007, 10:22
Oh my god hahaha it's awesome. The good old Amiga game Warlords remade for the DS! Hahahaha!

Thanatos 2.0
August 16th, 2007, 16:56
No it just formats a small save file for the game

vwcaddy
May 15th, 2008, 20:58
Warlords ROCKS

PigVenus
August 27th, 2008, 19:44
Awesome!! I can't count the hours I've spent (wasted?) playing Warlords 2.

I tried this and its a fantastic first version. I really hope you continue work on this as its a great start.

spajdr
August 28th, 2008, 11:27
Awesome!! I can't count the hours I've spent (wasted?) playing Warlords 2.

I tried this and its a fantastic first version. I really hope you continue work on this as its a great start.

Well, his page dont work anymore, so probably not :(

PigVenus
August 28th, 2008, 15:24
Yeah, I noticed that also - I was hoping that it was just a temporary thing.

At least the source was released. Maybe someone else will pick it up and run with it. I would attempt it, but I've got another year of school before I could even consider it.

Shizit
January 17th, 2011, 16:56
i have a question about the boats in the game. has anyone else had the game freeze when they or the cpu makes one? mine keeps randomly freezing/unfreezing whenever they are under construction, then when one is made, the game freezes when any unit, yours or your opponents, is selected. and it stays frozen unless i turn it off. :(