PDA

View Full Version : Dead Head Fred - a bad game?

blackrave
August 16th, 2007, 09:42
We all know about the upcoming exclusive action-adventure game Dead Head Fred that's on its way to the PSP. I was checking its game reviews at Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/deadheadfred) (a site that gathers many reviews and gives an average percentage point to movies, games, etc.) just now and see that it has received 40 out of 100 points from Hardcore Gamer Magazine. This is the written review from them:

Despite its promising exterior, Dead Head Fred is just a problematic brawler with some unpuzzling puzzles, and its unique characters and storyline don't alone justify a purchase or playthrough.

Could they possibly have already played through a finished version of this seeing as their opinion of the game is so bad? It seems like such a great game, so I can't understand. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for other reviews, but do you have any thoughts on this?

SnesR0X
August 16th, 2007, 09:45
Wow, I did not expect it to be panned as bad :(

I hope that they're just dicks :p

mike_jmg
August 20th, 2007, 16:25
Reading reviews from sites is not always correct, I might say it's like completly upside down.

For example, Brave story new traveler, wich I think is the best RPG ever made for psp, has a 6.5 out of 10 on gamespot, despite it's awesome gameplay, graphics, story line, everything.

I hope Dead Head Fred turns out to be like that with low rates, but an awesome game after all.

I saw a gameplay video and the life bar goes down a bit fast for my taste, that might be the only thing I'm worried about.

The game is very creative (bizarre, LOL), if they can pull it out right, it would be one of the most amazing games for the psp

blackrave
August 24th, 2007, 21:29
Heh, what do you know, now the Metacritic site has been updated with a new review from the same guys that gave us the previous one, with a significantly better score:

The game engine is silky smooth and, for the PSP, quite detailed and amazing. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better-looking game on the PSP. Combat is neither easy nor shallow, and you’ll soon find that with multiple heads in your inventory, Fred can pull off a wide variety of moves.

This time, the reviewers - Hardcore Gamer Magazine - give the game 80 out of 100 points, which is great on Metacritic. I guess the last review was of a really unfinished version, or by a jerk.

So we CAN look forward to this game knowing it'll be good! :)