PDA

View Full Version : Scoglionario v0.1

wraggster
August 16th, 2007, 10:28
News/release from Scognito: (http://scognito.drunkencoders.com/projects/scoglionario.php)

http://scognito.drunkencoders.com/projects/images/scoglionario2.jpg

Scoglionario is a question based game, based on the famous "Who wants to be a millionaire" ("Chi vuole essere milionario" in italian) tv show. The player is asked increasingly difficult general knowledge questions by the host. Questions are multiple choice: four possible answers are given and the player must choose the correct one. On answering the first question correctly, the player wins 100 (dollars or euro, it is the same -> nothing real). Subsequent questions are played for increasingly large sums (roughly doubling at each turn). If you answer bad, you lose and win the lower (yellow colored) sum.

15 Aug 2007 - Scoglionario 0.1 is out!
Features

Autodetecting system language and loading the specific questions pack (only italian and english for now)
DLDI compatible (tested on NinjaDS and R4)
Help: 50/50, Phone a friend, Ask the audience added (realtime-antani-randomizer-supersexy percentage builder thanks to AKBG)
Question stored in txt file (one for each 14 levels) so editing questions is easy
Themed as similiar as possible (sound and graphics) the original game
I didn't write the questions, I just used the files I found on google, so don't blame me if they are not good! ;)

Installation:

Patch the game with appropriate DLDI and put wherever you want inside the card
Put the "data" folder in the root of the card, or if you have the data folder yet, just put the "scoglionario" folder inside the "data" one on the card.
If you plan to use on emulator (only DeSmuME was tested) put all the questions file of your prefered language in the same folder where the rom is.
Drawback 1: since sound is garbled in the emulator, it is disabled (you can still turn on in the options screen). Drawback 2: you lose half on entertainment not playing on real DS!
Enjoy

Adding new questions is straightforward:

Open the questions_XX.txt, where XX is the level number (0 -> first question, 14 -> last question)
Add (or edit) a new question, using this simple template:
"question","answer1","answer2","answer3","answer4",X (X is a number from 1 to 4 representing the correct answer)
Example: "What is this game title?","Who wants to be me?","Super mario bros","Ti amo Valeria","Scoglionario",4
Important: Do not use the " (double quote) char inside the fields, use the ' (single quote) instead!

Planned features (if time will be my friend):

Adding better graphics (artists needed)
Add exit button for not answer and leave the game
Hall of fame
Kill bugs (send me mail at gmail.com)
Print real money from the DS if you win 1000000 (working on it)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jedimaster12
August 16th, 2007, 11:10
nice release

Cid2Mizard
August 16th, 2007, 11:50
name of author ?lotti ?

Thanatos 2.0
August 16th, 2007, 16:54
Print real money from the DS if you win 1000000 (working on it)

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/01/DSPrintsMoney.jpg
IT PRINTS MONEY!!!! lol

sappo
August 16th, 2007, 18:59
name of author ?lotti ?

Lotti? LOL!

It's obvious it's Scognito, from the great GBATemp.