PDA

View Full Version : Annoying N00b questions

Deathnix
August 16th, 2007, 15:05
Yep, am one of thoes type!
Sorry, heeh.
I have just abotu got to grip with PSP homebrew, so thought, hell, why not try DS XD
I have never tryed Homebrew on DS, cuss, well, I love my DS XD It rocks!
And always been afraid of bricking it, but, I have foudn out, it easyer to get homebrew on DS then psp!
I really not all that bothered if psp bricks XD Bit annoying, but wouldnt buy another.

So, yeah, any way, my main question is......
Is this all I need to use home brew on DS?

http://www.consolecave.com/product.php?productid=16233&cat=0&page=1

And if so, is 512 MB alot?
Or would more be recomended?

MasterMunt
August 16th, 2007, 15:16
Hmm... its not bad... your just not going to be able to expand on size if you wanted.

For simplicity, get an M3 Simply (or R4ds, same thing!). You can get one for about £25, then you will need a MicroSD card which you can get a 2GB one for about £15. And you get the WHOLE 2GB memory, not just an 1/8 of it. Not the best for ALL homebrew, but alot works with it.

acn010
August 16th, 2007, 15:18
it looks great but 512??? get a 2 gig...way better he he he

Deathnix
August 16th, 2007, 15:24
Ohh http://www.consolecave.com/product.php?productid=16524&cat=252&bestseller is 2GB!
It £73 (Hopefully that including postage) So alot, but, I do like the idea of all in 1, not using a ds cart and gba cart type devices, but, am not sure on how much hombrew the one I linked will run, any ideas?

DanTheManMS
August 17th, 2007, 01:33
I recommend against the DS-X. It's overpriced, has bad homebrew compatibility, and isn't widely used. I too would suggest either an M3 Simply, R4, or Supercard DS. All are slot-1 solutions (so you don't need to have things in both slots) and will run homebrew well.

korrosive
August 18th, 2007, 08:24
Okay, like everyone else is saying, something a little bigger than 512mb would be better, my G6 Real card has a gig of space and i have to constantly delete things to get what i want on (I like watching movies on my DS)
and if you were to were to put moonshell + Movies on your card, then it would only have about 2 movies with 512

My point is: i would say get something with expandable memory such as R4DS or M3 Simply, while the G6 is nice because you don't have to mess with the flash memory stick things, you will run low on space at times

but if you have a couple flash stick things lying around, i would recommend an R4/M3 if you don't want to hassle with it, i would say G6 Real

(Also, no offense meant, but please use a spell check or something)

TeenDev
August 18th, 2007, 09:55
512 MB is perfect if all you want is homebrew, not MP3s, movies, ROMs (Pirate!), etc.

DanTheManMS
August 18th, 2007, 23:17
I still prefer removable storage myself, so I don't really look into things like the DS-X, G6 Real, or the N-card clones.

::Xraxa, plz:.
August 19th, 2007, 00:08
Yes, 512mbs would be a tad little. Id suggest atleast a 1gb, and if you plan to put and media (movies, music) Id get a 2gb.