PDA

View Full Version : UMD Movies Worth It?

YourStillWithMe
June 24th, 2005, 17:11
Hey I have about 10-12 movies already downloaded on my computer and fully converted in MP4 format. I have a 1GB memory card and the most movies i've got on there with about 10 MB of pics and 19 songs is 5 movies! Is it worth it to buy the action UMDS? I downloaded SAW and the quality was HORRIBLE and i couldnt find any good seeds on it so i just bought that and it was worth it. But shit like Van Wilder do you really think its worth 20 bucks just to save space on my computer? I mean I have a job and make a decent enough of money so gamers. . .is it worth it to buy certain UMDS? thoughts?

Thanks!

Jdemon
June 24th, 2005, 19:06
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7064

smellsgood
June 27th, 2005, 06:30
Hecks no I saw all like triple x and all these othere dvds at best buy for like 30 bucks theres no way that its worth it

leggy
June 27th, 2005, 16:41
OP - if the movies are crap quality then decode them as larger files.

slayer2psp
June 29th, 2005, 15:27
some movies are worth it they are hd quilty on your psp you cant convert anything that looks as good as what you can buy. buy the movies from walmart most are 15 dollars not to bad if you want them

rmedtx
June 29th, 2005, 15:38
I think they are worth it.

ptr.exe
June 29th, 2005, 15:40
I dont have a PSP but the idea of having to buy a film i may already own just to play on a portable system seems a rip off to me, when i get a PSP i will most likely stick with putting MP4's on a mem. thingy.

Also try not to talk about illegally downloaded films.

YourStillWithMe
June 29th, 2005, 17:46
Not to be rude ptr.lynch but a movie that you download is only illegal if you DO NOT have the film and/or you are distributing to it to others. If I own the movie Tommy Boy on VHS it is perfectly 100% legal for me to get, as long as I do not distribute it.

tanner090
July 5th, 2005, 22:35
I think that they are worth it, but i think that they would be more reasonable if sony put out an AV out cord for the psp. i think that i will buy more if that happens

Cap'n 1time
July 5th, 2005, 23:03
stick with dvd's. i never buy movies because I only plan on watching them once. you can rent dvd's and while you might be able to rent umd's somewhere, you cant watch them on a 45+ inch hdtv with 5.1 ss.

Kaiser
July 5th, 2005, 23:29
Not to be rude ptr.lynch but a movie that you download is only illegal if you DO NOT have the film and/or you are distributing to it to others. If I own the movie Tommy Boy on VHS it is perfectly 100% legal for me to get, as long as I do not distribute it.

Its only legal if you make backups on the same FORMAT. Not if you have a back up on your computer. It doesnt make sense if you have a vhs movies and then dvd quality back-ups with all those special features.