Hello,

First let me start with my specs :

- Billion 7404VGP-M Router.
- WEP128 Encryption
- Broadcast SSID Enabled

- NDS Lite
- G6 DS Real 16Gbit Version
- Firmware Version V2.3

I have manually configuired my Wifi Settings with Mario Kart, and the connection is successful and I am able to play online with other players.

However When I use Homebrew programs such as DSOrganize and Beup they do not connect.

Beup 0.3e is stuck on the "Connecting Using Firmware Setup" and DSOrganize is stuck on "Associating"

I have even tried Turning Security off and Connecting without a WEP key, same problem.

Can anybody help?, Thanks.

::Xraxa, plz:.
August 18th, 2007, 21:07
Try manually configuring the Wifi setting, ie manually put in all your IP and DNS info.

kidcash
August 19th, 2007, 15:47
Thats what I did, I did try manually configure the settings but it still didn't work, Mario Kart works perfect though. As for auto/dhcp I wasn't even able to get Mario Kart to work.

Anybody else know any tips to get homebrew working with Wifi?

madjo
August 21st, 2007, 15:28
I believe I have the same problem.
Wifi in official games work perfectly, but in homebrew games and apps it doesn't on my DSLite.
(It did however used to work on my old 'phat' DS.)

- DS Lite (recently purchased)
- R4, firmware version 1.10 (will try 1.11)

Have tried DSOrganise, TettAttDS, Puzzlemaniak. And all of them failed connecting.
Whereas Mario Kart, Metroid and 42 Games Classics can connect to my wifi router.
So the settings of the connection are correct.
But I'll try the manual setting solution anyway.

madjo
August 21st, 2007, 16:06
1) manually entered connection details didn't solve anything
2) firmware 1.11 also didn't solve it.

(I also let DiagnoSe check it, and it hang on the 'connecting' phase)

Does anyone have a solution?

robman84
August 21st, 2007, 21:41
I think most people have the same problem!

To get it working, turn on broadcast SSID in your router. However I don't like broadcasting my SSID! I'm hoping for a better solution at some point.

madjo
August 21st, 2007, 22:25
I have that turned on. So that can't be it.

I grabbed a Wifi lib tester from some other forum (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13576) to see if that would give me some insight. And it did. (I hope I don't violate any rules with linking to that forum)
In my old DS it could easily grab the network data (and had a pretty strong connection to the router).
My new DS lite could not. With the DS lite literally next to the router, it only reached about 5% signal strength. While WFC games have no problems finding and connecting.

I believe it has more to do with newer firmware in my DS lite. Firmware for which they haven't written a completely functioning Wifi Lib yet. But I remain hopeful for the future.

madjo
September 12th, 2007, 22:52
Update, today I got Wifi working.
I had to set my router to channel 10, and it worked.

Not sure why, but I can play online again with homebrew games. :)

*is a happy man again*

shabbadoo
September 15th, 2007, 16:28
i too am having problems connecting my homebrew on wifi with:
Dsorganize
Okiwi
beup live
hobro

i have tried changing to evry single channel on my router with dsorganize but to no avail. ive tried a couple of channels so far on beup but nothing there. i have a d-link di524 router, i managed to connect when using el hobito's wifi tool so i know its possible for my ds to connect to it. im also using a supercard ds one if that makes any difference

Ehrs
October 9th, 2007, 05:10

*is a happy man again*Yay! :thumbup: I also had problems with wifi, but after setting the wifi to channel 10 it worked instantly! Thanks madjo!

fraseyboy
October 9th, 2007, 08:27
It seems its a common problem. I have it too :(

...Or used to have it.

OMG Madjo, I love you :thumbup: Now I can go on MSN on my DS! w00t!

Edit: No... I can't because the stupid MSN servers have changed, and Beup isn't updated to them... But I can use DSorganise!

atoc
October 9th, 2007, 18:41

*is a happy man again*
Each channel is a *slightly* different frequency range. You probably found one that the DS is happy with - this is what I started checking last night, but ran out of time to go thru all 11 channels.