PDA

View Full Version : Hide corrupted data..................well sort of

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 02:03
there is a tool like kxploit by sei that does the same job but also hides corrupted data

taken from psphacker:
Sei, form our forums, has just released an update to his program, Sei PSP Tool v0.2. This program works works like the KXploit, but has the option to hide the corrupt data files. Sei PSP Tool will work with all emulators in normal mode, but there are a few bugs in the “hide corrupt data files” part still. This program is a work in progress and the “hide corrupt data files” option only works with games that dont require a specific folder name (IE Doom-PSP). Also currently there is a problem with folder names that are 5–6 characters long. We will keep you posted as this program develops.

shadowprophet
June 25th, 2005, 03:05
Yeah thats a program im interested in.
To be able to hide corupted data.
To be able to hide data in general.
Thanks for the post bro, Keep us updated as this develops,
Also I know im not anyone specail to be suggesting things, But i would like to see Somthing that allows you to password protect data. I dont know if many other people do this, But i often place important non related psp meterial on my Card. Which brings up the question, Can one password protect and hide data on the memory stick, Via there pc ? I havnt tried it :confused: But im very interested to know if it can be done.

"shadowprophet" Cause Hes to lazy to find out for himself :P :D

Qmark
June 25th, 2005, 08:00
What kinda-sorta works is physically removing all of the eboots from the stick, then repasting the corrupteds, then repasting the booters.

It doesn't exactly hide them, but it puts all of the bootable ones on the top of the pile.

Jeisu
June 25th, 2005, 08:42
easier to do that by copying the data to your PC then recopy it back. Since the display is done by "modification" order. So the latest updated files are at the top.

Qmark
June 25th, 2005, 09:42
Actually, it only seems to care about the order the files were originally added. I've updated a couple of apps reapeatedly, and the same order seems to persist.

Curiously enough, dinkering with the internal file dates doesn't seem to affect the list order. I have no idea how the PSP is keeping track of what got added when - perhaps it's a quirk of FFS?

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 11:12
What kinda-sorta works is physically removing all of the eboots from the stick, then repasting the corrupteds, then repasting the booters.

It doesn't exactly hide them, but it puts all of the bootable ones on the top of the pile.

it does hide the icons so dont post before u tried the app

Qmark
June 25th, 2005, 12:29
it does hide the icons so dont post before u tried the appdo what and what?

That's interesting. Is there an explaination on exactly what it's doing?

Dreamcabinet
June 25th, 2005, 12:30
Already solved I guess. . . so far this has worked for me! Get rid of all the corrupted data with a simple change of the folders names!

http://www.psphacks.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2285

ganon
June 25th, 2005, 15:33
just open the tool and click hide corrupted file icon and you set