PDA

View Full Version : DSMasterplus v1.3 - Sega Master System & Game Gear Emulator for DS

wraggster
August 19th, 2007, 14:00
Alekmaul has posted an entry inthe Neoflash Coding Contest:

http://www.portabledev.com/media/DS/DSMasterPlus/DSMasterPV13_02.png

YOU MUST USE THE DLDI PATCHER BEFORE USING THE NDS FILE if your linker is not autoDLDI patching. Please, patch the file with the correct drivers regarding your linker.

Project description:

DSMasterPlus is a Sega game Gear / Master System console emulator.
To use this emulator, you must use compatibles GG / SMS files.
Do not ask me about such files, I don't have them. A search with Google will certainly help you.

What's new in this version :
* New interface (thanks again Lobo ^^)
* New graphic engine for backgrounds
* Code optimization everywhere
* Pro Action Replay codes support !!!
* No more German translation (some sentences are missing).
* ds motion card support

Controls :
* Direction pad ou motion card : direction pad
* A : Fire #1 button
* B : Fire #2 button
* X : Fire #1 button
* Y : Fire #2 button
* R : SOFT RESET / START Game Gear
* L : HARD RESET
* START : START Master System button
* SELECT : PAUSE button

You can also send your test for a game with WIFI on my site portabledev to inform others (and me) of pb on some games.
The compatibility list is also automaticaly refresh here with this option : http://www.portabledev.com/pages/ds/jeuxdev.-perso/dsmasterplus/liste-de-compatibilitE9-des-jeux.php

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sir_Voe
August 19th, 2007, 19:32
I actually think 1.2 ran a little better than this one. The backgrounds seem to jitter more, and the gameplay slows down frequently. On the upside, Action Replay support is a nice touch, and things that ran too fast before (like the bonus rounds in Shinobi), now run at a playable speed.

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2007, 19:44
mm I should try Pro Action Replay codes on it

Buttertoast45
August 19th, 2007, 20:11
i didn't even know they had an emulator for SMS & GG
for the ds :(

mcdougall57
August 19th, 2007, 21:11
does this come with alex the kidd i loved that game and u didnt need a cartridge 4 it

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2007, 21:19
does this come with alex the kidd i loved that game and u didnt need a cartridge 4 it

No, the game wasn't in the console bios (or whatver it was called)

TheGrandPubaa
August 20th, 2007, 02:33
Not only does this version actually run slower than the previous one, the sound is still an octave too low. Bummer...

Echo1
August 20th, 2007, 04:05
Yeah, the previous version was much better. I'm sure the dev can sort it out for the next release, though.
:)

paul3100
August 20th, 2007, 06:19
This some times happens when trying to update an emulator but as we all know it will no doubt get sorted out in another update :-)

thanks to the author for all the hard work , paul

Sir_Voe
August 20th, 2007, 16:50
The problems have been adressed and he has updated the emu to 1.3a. It now runs much better. You can get 1.3a here...

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

witeds
September 29th, 2007, 08:48
it dose not work with the mmd it says

"search fat system ...
no fat system found : (
system stop !"

and then i cant do any thing

crookedmouth
September 30th, 2007, 07:17
It does work, did you dldi patch the .nds file?

crazyteknohed
December 22nd, 2007, 03:20
'Tis a nice emulator apart from the sound... it's an octave too deep as somebody has mentioned before. Any chance of upping it in the next build?

Ta very much.

Weed-4-me
December 24th, 2007, 04:41
other than the slow speed... this is a nice emulator.. but i cant imagine someone playing like this....

the banana republica
January 23rd, 2008, 23:27
thanks! i've been looking for one of these.

TaN00Ki
February 10th, 2008, 04:08
I've only discovered (and used) v1.3a like a week ago on R4, and actually unless I have a lot on enemies on the screen, both speed and music is actually too fast.

This one is really a great piece of soft, but I'd love to play wonderboy3: monster's trap the same way I played back in 1989, anyone knows of another master system emu for DS? I've been looking around with no luck other than some for slot2.

Mini Moose
March 27th, 2008, 23:09
I really hate the GUI. It totally blows...

db73
September 30th, 2008, 02:08
Read install instructions here;

http://www.ds-xtra.com/DSMasterPlus

1. Extract DSMasterPlus.nds to the apps folder of your DS-X (there is no need to DLDI patch it)
2. Put your compatible GG or SMS files in any folder of your DS-X
3. Run DSMasterPlus from the apps menu of your DS-X

Apps folder? Do the mean the root folder? Then it says to put your GG/SMS files int oany folder. Bit vague! Where do the files & folders actually need to go?

db73
September 30th, 2008, 10:27
Hold the phone ........... I DL'd DSMaster plus last night with a whole bunch of games. The good news was that the emulation ran well & was very well put together. Quite impressed with it. The downside is that the games were utter gob shite & a lot of them played terribly on the emu. I remember now why I sold my Master System & carried on using the C64. Actually I'm being a bit harsh. Some of the games would have been quite good to play if they had of ran properly. Choplifter is a favourite but it ran like a dog on the emu, slowing down badly as soon as more than 1 sprite appeared on the screen.

Sir_Voe
September 30th, 2008, 10:49
Hold the phone ........... I DL'd DSMaster plus last night with a whole bunch of games. The good news was that the emulation ran well & was very well put together. Quite impressed with it. The downside is that the games were utter gob shite & a lot of them played terribly on the emu. I remember now why I sold my Master System & carried on using the C64. Actually I'm being a bit harsh. Some of the games would have been quite good to play if they had of ran properly. Choplifter is a favourite but it ran like a dog on the emu, slowing down badly as soon as more than 1 sprite appeared on the screen.

Try ApprenticeMinusDS. It runs quite a bit better than this one.

db73
September 30th, 2008, 14:43
Try ApprenticeMinusDS. It runs quite a bit better than this one.
Looks good. JenesisDS looks good as well.