PDA

View Full Version : Question about pool tables.

Man
August 20th, 2007, 00:48
How badly can pool tables be recked by leaving them outside ? because i wanted to buy an older cheap pool table and put it outside, and i dont know if anyone remembers the drew carey show but he did it, and i was wondering if it would accually be possible or would the rain completely destroy it ? i have no idea about pool tables, and there construction so if this is a completely stupid idea, do tell me, and i was planing on storing it during the winter unless i dont have to.

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 00:51
My best bet'd be it would'nt work because like you said yes rain would destroy it. If not destroy it make it sogy an unusable. Also some a**holes might deliberately wreck it.

Man
August 20th, 2007, 00:53
ya we live in a pretty quiet neighborhood, and i have a crazy dog. but i dont know id think it would dry out wouldnt it ? i just dont have any room for one inside. i was thinking of making like a cover for it during the nights and when its not being used.

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 00:58
It might work. But in the end, outside weather wouldn't put it in a very good condition. (might cause weird affects, etc.)

Man
August 20th, 2007, 00:59
Ya thats what im wondering, i just really love to play pool, and dont have anywhere to put a pool table in my house :(

Triv1um
August 20th, 2007, 01:06
No water would deem a table wrecked.

Its hard enough to keep on nice inside. (i have a snooker table)

Seriously, leave it out in rain and it will need to be re-dressed.

Darksaviour69
August 20th, 2007, 01:10
you could get a plastic over for it, just don't forget to put it on when you are finished playing. I been to a pub were they had a pool table in the beer garden with just a cover on it.

Man
August 20th, 2007, 01:13
ya, and i mean im not looking for a really nice table just somthing to have fun on, hell, i saw one in the classified ads for 200$, and i could probably get my brother to split the cost. and i mean you can buy some really nice outdoor tables but there like 3000$, and honnestly i dont see anybody paying that much money for them.

Triv1um
August 20th, 2007, 01:21
If you use a cover you will still get damp.

In a pool table you need a dry fast ball movement, but no too dry.

A damp table plays like a bag of shit.

ICE
August 20th, 2007, 01:22
like on the drew carey show? sounds like the behavior of a drunk to me.. lol

Man
August 20th, 2007, 01:27
whatever happens happens, im sure i could keep it dry enough, with the cover and the like, but if not then well i dont care, ill just play at the pool hall.

Triv1um
August 20th, 2007, 01:32
It won't keep dry, there is dampness in air.

Table lights aint just for light you know. In good pool/snooker halls the lights give off more heat that regular lights. That's to keep them nice and dry.

By all means go for it, it would still be playable but not good.

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 01:35
Yeah, if i were to buy i pool table myself, i'd keep it inside or at least somehow completely protect it from rain, snow all that

SnesR0X
August 20th, 2007, 01:35
I did that with a fooseball table, destroyed it with from the wetness...

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 01:57
yeah if it did that with a fuseball table, imagine a pool table

parkermauney
August 20th, 2007, 02:37
There are plastic pooltables.
Try one of those, and use a cover to save the turf.
Should be fine.

Chameleon
August 20th, 2007, 02:48
There are plastic pooltables.
Try one of those, and use a cover to save the turf.
Should be fine.

wow dumbest thing ive heard all day :p, "plastic pool table" thats good for toddlers I guess

i have a pool table, and it builds up moisture just being in my garage, and leaving it outside would definatley deem it useless... any moisture on the table makes the balls move in a whole different way, if your a conisoure you would most likely stick to a dry place.

VampDude
August 20th, 2007, 03:23
You could buy it and waterproof the wood like what you would do to a garden fence or wooden objects outside, then change the table fabric to something that can handle a slight dampness. But my idea is probably dumb and possibly wouldn't work, although if you know what your doing it might work???

Man
August 20th, 2007, 03:44
wow dumbest thing ive heard all day :p, "plastic pool table" thats good for toddlers I guess

i have a pool table, and it builds up moisture just being in my garage, and leaving it outside would definatley deem it useless... any moisture on the table makes the balls move in a whole different way, if your a conisoure you would most likely stick to a dry place.

no the accually have like a plastic type pool table, there expensive, like 3000$ but there really cool and have like blacklights for nighttime playing.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Outdoor-Pool-Table-First-Ever-Lit-Playing-Surface_W0QQitemZ160148533413QQihZ006QQcategoryZ21 213QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

note this is not an ad for my ebay item, if it was, do you think i would have started this thread ?

Mr. Shadow
August 20th, 2007, 11:33
Man you could just put a tarp over it if you plan on leaving it outside.

SnesR0X
August 20th, 2007, 11:36
Man you could just put a tarp over it if you plan on leaving it outside.

already been said

Mr. Shadow
August 20th, 2007, 11:40
OH sorry im half awake right now, but does he?

Man
August 20th, 2007, 14:44
Well tivium said even that will screw up the table, because there is moisture in the air.

parkermauney
August 20th, 2007, 21:30
For those who doubt my awesome:
http://www.bornrich.org/images/stainless_steel_pool_table.jpg

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 12:40
Well tivium said even that will screw up the table, because there is moisture in the air.

Does it rain a lot in canada? I don't understand because the tarp would keep the rain out as well as the moisture, thats why people put those things over their cars. OFFTOPIC: speaking of rain theirs a thunderstorm brewing in front of my house, perfect timing!:rofl:

Swimkid
August 21st, 2007, 17:28
Tarps don't keep all the moisture outta things. And you don't even need a tarp to put over your car when it rains unless you like to keep the windows open.

And to your canada question. The coasts rain ALOT not so much the interior.

JPJunkie
August 27th, 2007, 17:48
Get an extension! jk:thumbup:

lmtlmt
August 28th, 2007, 07:25
my pool tabler isnt inside my house, but its not ouside either, it is under my house, my house is like a 2 storie but only th top storie is the house so the buttom has like a woodern fence and it doesnt get soggy.