PDA

View Full Version : Success HK fake warranty stickers?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 20th, 2007, 21:40
I ordered my blue Japanese version 1.5 PSP from Success HK about 6 months ago. I could tell that the PSP had been opened by the state the screws were in. I figured that they did this to load the 1.5 firmware on to the PSP somehow, and I didn't really care at all. Then I wondered about how the warranty sticker was still there and intact, so I took a look at it. I noticed some things were different on it than other stickers. For one, the sticker was in English, while Japanese PSPs' stickers are in Japanese. Also, the sticker was a more darker shade of gray (pretty much black) than the other PSP warranty stickers. So I decided to take it off. When I did so, the "VOID" that appears across the back of the sticker when you take it off did not appear. I think that the warranty stickers that are on the pre-loaded 1.5 PSPs from Success HK are fake.

Elmarco
August 20th, 2007, 21:52
naughty HK. Thats all i can say :D

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 20th, 2007, 23:31
naughty HK. Thats all i can say :D

more like illegal HK

bah
August 21st, 2007, 10:01
Thats REALLY dodgy.

There shouldn't be any need to touch the screws nor the sticker to downgrade them anyway.

I know an online store I wont be shopping at. Cheers for the tip.

ab88
August 21st, 2007, 10:31
I don't really care as long as they have 1.5 FW
The sad thing is that Sony could deny service to someone who has a problem with them.

jamotto
August 21st, 2007, 10:43
A waste of time to add a fake sticker, as soon as the psp leaves Asia the warranty is no good anyway.

Accordion
August 21st, 2007, 13:22
I don't really care as long as they have 1.5 FW
The sad thing is that Sony could deny service to someone who has a problem with them.

While i dont see the need to open the psp when there are software down-graders available, the warranty is void no matter what:
* No longer in region covered by warranty
* It has been downgraded
* running unofficial software

steve520
August 21st, 2007, 14:30
damn i really dont care either as long its 1.50 but if something breaks ur screwed.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 21st, 2007, 14:37
i can fix whatever breaks. i have a spare LCD-less psp i use for parts. but yes, they would have to open it, because when I ordered it, not all versions were downgradable.

ab88
August 22nd, 2007, 21:38
While i dont see the need to open the psp when there are software down-graders available, the warranty is void no matter what:
* No longer in region covered by warranty
* It has been downgraded
* running unofficial software

Well I see, didn't know about warranty only covering on the same region, thanks.