PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite Video game, And why.

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2007, 03:40
What is your least favorite video game you own and why?
I have to confess to an addiction. I find myself at random phases buying video games That I know i'll never even play, Just for collectors reasons. Today. I picked A real stinker. I don't know why i bought it, Even in its day. I couldn't stand to play it.
That game is drakken for the snes.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6599/drakkenpn3.jpg
quite possibly the single worst rpg ever made.
Somehow, In my eyes. The fact that it was so horrible clashed with the fact that it was so rare.
I just had to have it.
I bring It home. Clean it up. And put it im my collection. Only to reflect on my actions and ask myself. Why do i feel a need to throw away money.
Which leads me to here and now. Im sure there has been a time for each of us. That we picked up a game that we knew we would abhor And still yet the price was too temping to pass up.
So I ask each and every one of you. What is the worst game you own, and if its so bad. then why do you own it.

Signed Shades. A hopelessly addicted game freak.

VampDude
August 21st, 2007, 03:56
I have loads've least favorite games, all on different consoles. The two I will note as my 2 least favorite are:

Popeye - NES

Due to over repetitiveness , although the levels got harder each time around.

BREAKOUT - MegaDrive

It was a obscure Tetris style game which was 3D-ish, anyone who's played this game will know why it's not a very good game.

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 03:59
probably a dragonball Z game for too many duplicates of attacks and repetitive game play aka punch, kick, blast, punch kick blast.. it gets old really quick. if the moves were completely different then i wouldnt pick this game to be the worst.

kcajblue
August 21st, 2007, 05:30
i cant really say as there have been a lot of games i dont like and i dont really have a least favorite.
just a whole bunch i dont like.
ill post them as i think of them.

Elmarco
August 21st, 2007, 05:32
The oriignal streets of rage for the Sega Megadrive. Why? Because i used to spend ages trying to complete it. Mostly failing
I had it on the 6in1 cartridge you used to get with it. :p

ICE
August 21st, 2007, 05:46
well since i was a wee boy i researched every game i bought for hours before i bought it to prevent disappointment and any bad game i did run across was quickly banished from my memory... although i did get wiiplay recently (needed a wiimote :D)and its safe to say that it is awful.

VampDude
August 21st, 2007, 06:00
although i did get wiiplay recently (needed a wiimote :D)and its safe to say that it is awful.

Because you purely lack skill, I like Wii Play. The only game on Wii Play I dislike is Find Mii, as I keep getting random Mii's popup on my Wii console and it confuses me when finding the Mii's. :p

ninja9393
August 21st, 2007, 06:20
Spider-man the movie for PS2

The game was just a huge dissapointment to me

ICE
August 21st, 2007, 06:26
Because you purely lack skill, I like Wii Play. The only game on Wii Play I dislike is Find Mii, as I keep getting random Mii's popup on my Wii console and it confuses me when finding the Mii's. :p

billiards is fun, tanks is nice and the lazer hockey is ok but the rest is pretty much crap. im not bad at them, i just dont enjoy playing them..

bah
August 21st, 2007, 07:16
Hrms, off the top of my head I'd say sonic 3D blast/flickies island (the beginning of the end for the sonic franchise IMO).

That, or a driving game I remember playing on the Mega-CD, where you didn't seem to actually control the car, rather an arrow would pop up, and if you didn't hit the direction fast enough you would just crash.

Cant remember the name of that one, but dammit it was awful.

I guess E.T. for the 2600 deserves a mention for being a game with seemingly no point other than falling into holes and finding it annoying to get out.

SnesR0X
August 21st, 2007, 07:16
I've pawned off most of my bad games over the years, the only one I can think of that I really don't like is killer 7 on the cube. I knew it got mixed reviews, but I wanted to try it anyway, and it was only 20 bucks. Weirdest lamest game I have.

DimensionT
August 21st, 2007, 07:25
Drakkhen is rare now? I remember getting it a long while ago at coin shop that had NO idea about the value of games. 2 bucks to trade a game for what ever they had, and 10 bucks to buy any game they had there. That's how I got Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2, Megaman X X2 X3 and a bunch of other games. All for only 10 bucks each, lmao!!! I could make 400% or more profit on them if I wanted to sell them, but I don't.

As for the worst game I've ever played, E.T. for the Atari 2600 is a give in. It single handedly almost ruined video games in general (look it up, I'm sure you can find stories about it). They ended up burrying millions of copies under a land fill in New Mexico if I remember correctly.

--EDIT--
Quote from a Wiki page about the video game crash of 1983 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983):

*A flood of poor titles from hastily financed startups, combined with weak high-profile Atari 2600 games such as the game based on the hit movie ET and an infamous port of the popular arcade game Pac-Man. These games were also notoriously overproduced. In the case of E.T., Atari even produced more units than it had sold consoles in anticipation of its success[2]
*The news media sensationalized both the boom days of 1980 and the problems of 1982–83. In particular, the story of Atari burying millions of ET cartridges in a New Mexico landfill[3] shifted the outlook of the video game market in the eyes of many media outlets.

Off topic:
If you get the chance to buy Drakkhen's sequal Dragon View, PICK IT UP!!! Don't let the first game turn you off. Dragon View is an awesome side scrolling action RPG, with some pretty sweet graphic for it's time.

dejkirkby
August 21st, 2007, 10:40
Def Jam: Icon.
Basically, this game killed a decent franchise for me.

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 12:46
Mine would be super monkey ball because the camera swingin at bad and random moments gave me a headache.

lmtlmt
August 21st, 2007, 13:12
Crazy frog racer, only for the fact of limited characters and all the levels looking exactly the same as each other.

Shadowblind
August 21st, 2007, 13:30
Probably....Musashi. I was hopeing for a Kingdom Hearts like game but its just something you DONT wanna buy.

paul3100
August 21st, 2007, 13:31
lol i heard of that E.T game when i was at school 15 years ago, then again though 99.9% of atari 2600 games were pure GASH!

Shouldn't we say the worst games on systems that we owned our selfs? cause i owned quite a few in my time such as:

ATARI 26000, Zx spectrum (most models) , Amstrad 464 , Amiga A1200/A600/A500 , Atari ST , Master system 1 & 2 , megadrive (genesis) 32x + sega(mega)CD , NES, SNES ....... Gameboy,Gameboy color,GBA,DSlite . . . GameGear, Atari lynx 1 & 2 , Game.com

Anyway you get the idea :confused: most games on the lynx were bad as well as the mega cd and Game.com which was actually a touch screen B/W

paul

bah
August 21st, 2007, 13:31
lmtlmt: I'm normally against pirating games, but I really hope you didn't pay for that :)

Helping jamster in their quest to take over the world by selling teens overpriced mobile services....

Sonicboy 101
August 21st, 2007, 13:47
E.t for atari
What an awful game

Gold Line
August 21st, 2007, 14:41
Ghostbusters for the NES. Man that game was terrible

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 15:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTjLG3usQo&mode=related&search= :rofl: this guy was great.^_^

DarthPaul
August 21st, 2007, 18:11
Lol I have a lot of games that suck big time. I bought them just for collecting or something. I remember that I bought Grand Theft Auto III and I started to love Rockstar,then I bought every Rockstar game that came out just because they are from Rockstar lmao.
But the majority of the games that I have and are as bad as hell,are games that my mom bought for me to give me on special occations. Aww,poor mom,I love her.. lol. She doesn't know anything about videogames,and she just go to the stores and choose a game because the box-art looks cool or something hahaha. This is so wrong... I never mentioned this anywhere..but I just don't want her to feel bad.. and when she asks me "Do you like it? Is it good?" And me like "Oh yeah. It's great....something different." Lol.

One of those games[worst] is:

Trigger Man - PS2

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2007, 18:26
Lol I have a lot of games that suck big time. I bought them just for collecting or something. I remember that I bought Grand Theft Auto III and I started to love Rockstar,then I bought every Rockstar game that came out just because they are from Rockstar lmao.
But the majority of the games that I have and are as bad as hell,are games that my mom bought for me to give me on special occations. Aww,poor mom,I love her.. lol. She doesn't know anything about videogames,and she just go to the stores and choose a game because the box-art looks cool or something hahaha. This is so wrong... I never mentioned this anywhere..but I just don't want her to feel bad.. and when she asks me "Do you like it? Is it good?" And me like "Oh yeah. It's great....something different." Lol.

One of those games[worst] is:

Trigger Man - PS2

Lol how well I know that feeling lol My wife buys me games all the time, but usually she picks up stuff she secretly wants, an example would be mario party 8. while i'm not the biggest fan of the mp games they're okay I guess, but I tell her I love them anyway. "Sometimes it just blows my my mind that I have an old lady that supports my gaming habbit":thumbup:

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 18:29
Lol how well I know that feeling lol My wife buys me games all the time, but usually she picks up stuff she secretly wants, an example would be mario party 8. while i'm not the biggest fan of the mp games they're okay I guess, but I tell her I love them anyway. "Sometimes it just blows my my mind that I have an old lady that supports my gaming habbit":thumbup:

really? is not that hard to find one, i found one here in the state here, i found like two in PR and a bunch in germany.:rofl:

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 18:30
mario party is awsome when playing with a lot of other people :p

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2007, 18:42
really? is not that hard to find one, i found one here in the state here, i found like two in PR and a bunch in germany.:rofl:
Lol I knew I should have held out for a german chick lol

mario party is awsome when playing with a lot of other people :p

Oh yeah bro, I mean there's nothing wrong with them. It's just shes really really into the mario party games, "like way too far" she has woken me up from sleep on several occasions "from a sound sleep" just to play lol.
I think any of us that are sound sleepers can understand my mixed feelings about mp :p lol

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 18:52
FIFA07. Why? It is broken. They don't do what you say or when, the franchise is overdone and just poor in general and it sells huge amounts with little merit. It isn't the worst game ever, but the fact it is the most popular game in the UK year on year pisses me off no end. PES is infinitely superior.

Sabres
August 21st, 2007, 19:29
Instead of listing crap like E.T., Custar's Revenge, Superman 64, etc. I figure I'll list the most disappointing games of my video game life.

- Final Fantasy VIII. I loved Final Fantasy II and III (known as IV and VI in Japan) on the SNES, and Final Fantasy VII is probably the greatest RPG that I've ever played. So when FFVIII came out I was extremely excited to play it. All of the magazine reviews (except Gamefan which ripped the game a new one) and web sites said that the game was awesome, amazing, extremely fun, one of the best games ever. So when I played it, boy was I in for a surprise. The game was horrible. Crappy story, annoying and unlikeable characters, ugly graphics, two minute long summon videos that cannot be skipped, "drawing" magic wtf?!, very limited equipment and you can only occassionally upgrade what you have wtf?, the junction system = wretched, enemies level up to keep up with you wtf?, everything that made the FF series great was totally ****ed up in this game, aside from the music which was great. Not just was the game different, but it was different in as bad of a way as one could get it to be. And the game had millions and millions of dollars spent on its development by a humongous team, and the game sucked ass. What a huge letdown that game was.

Devil May Cry 2: Probably everyone has played this game at one time or another, and you know just how inferior and lame it was, not just compared to the original DMC but as a PS2 game in general.

Actraiser 2: I was really happy to see that the sequel to one of my all time fav. games was going to be strictly action levels, as I enjoyed those a lot more than the simulation sequences in the original, though the simulation sequences were fun, just not as fun as the action levels though. But Actraiser 2 was disastrous. Well, not completely disastrous. The graphics were beautiful and the music was amazing. But the character controlled like he was always walking in quicksand, the double jump move and dive attack were terribly executed, the level designs sucked, and the game was just really really cheap and frustrating, in a really cheap way. A game that with a few tweaks could've been great but alas it sucks.

Resident Evil 4: Regarded as one of the greatest games of this decade. Well, I disagree. In fact, I wouldn't even put it in the top 200 games of this decade. The graphics are awesome, the sound is terrific, obviously Capcom spent a ton of resources to make this game look great and cinematic. But, the gameplay sucks. The game somehow even controls worse than the previous Resident Evils. That over the shoulder camera does not work, the character can't walk and shoot at the same time, huh?! You can't even walk sideways/strafe? Wtf? The character moves so slow and to get everything you have to check each corner of each building and path and such, it's just really annoying, tedious and boring.

Metal Gear Solid 2: MGS was an awesome game. What made it so great was that the story, dialogue and voice acting were amazing. But in MGS2, almost all of that was ruined. Voice acting was still top notch, the graphics and sound were splendid, but the characters and story were a joke. Switching Solid Snake with Rayden shortly into the game is one of the worst storyline changes in video game history. The story was a joke and just flat out sucked. Very disappointing.

Final Fight, SNES version: Well, Final Fight arcade is one of the best, "walk around and beat people up" games of all time. Game is smooth, characters and graphics are huge, awesome two-player action, plus fighting 7 or 8 characters on the screen at once is a major blast. Well, Capcom said "Haha our port sucks but people are going to buy it anyway" when they converted the game to the SNES. Shrink down the graphics and make them just look really ugly, make the sound effects sound really tin can like, go from having up to 8 enemies on the screen at once to only a max of 3, remove the two player feature, remove Guy, remove Rolento and his factory stage, and you have just one of the worst ports in video game history. I even enjoyed Rival Turf more than this game.

Castlevania II: Ugh, i can't talk about how much this game sucks. There's so many annoying and stupid things about this game that thinking about it all just makes me sick. Those annoying invisible pitfalls, not having any bosses to fight except Drac at the end, tediousness of having to stock up on hearts, crappy dungeon and level design, boring characters to talk to, everything about the game was just bad. Well, the music was good, but other than it wouldn't be until Symphony of the Night that Konami would learn how to make a good Metroid-style Castlevania game, which is also probably the best in the series.

Other disappointing games that I really don't want to elaborate on: Stunt Race FX, Donkey Kong 64, Soldier of Fortune (Dreamcast version), Shinobi (PS2), those two god-awful Contra games on the PS1, and Super Street Fighter II and SSFII Turbo, which extremely damaged the series' popularity in the United States. If only Capcom had released Street Fighter Alpha after Street Fighter II Turbo instead of SSFII.....

ICE
August 21st, 2007, 19:44
Instead of listing crap like E.T., Custar's Revenge, Superman 64, etc. I figure I'll list the most disappointing games of my video game life.

Resident Evil 4: Regarded as one of the greatest games of this decade. Well, I disagree. In fact, I wouldn't even put it in the top 200 games of this decade. The graphics are awesome, the sound is terrific, obviously Capcom spent a ton of resources to make this game look great and cinematic. But, the gameplay sucks. The game somehow even controls worse than the previous Resident Evils. That over the shoulder camera does not work, the character can't walk and shoot at the same time, huh?! You can't even walk sideways/strafe? Wtf? The character moves so slow and to get everything you have to check each corner of each building and path and such, it's just really annoying, tedious and boring.

you sir, are insane.

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 20:12
i can't agree with resi 4 or mgs 2. they are some of my favourite games ever. still, at least you put some effort in.

Sonicboy 101
August 21st, 2007, 20:14
Resi 4 bad? unthinkable

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 20:19
almost as unthinkable for poor sonic 101 here than saying the sega nomad was probably not great :0!

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 21:27
res 4 was amazing! you cant say BAKA about that game.

SnesR0X
August 21st, 2007, 21:41
RE4 was a change to the series, and for the good too. ICE put it about as well as you can.

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 23:18
it is a pretty god damn good game.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 00:39
1. FF7 is NOT the best rpg ever, secret of mana is and i will fight anyone who disagrees

2. mgs1 was better than 2 but its still a good game.

3.you think RE4 is a bad game!? you sir are a noob

ICE
August 22nd, 2007, 01:20
RE4 was a change to the series, and for the good too. ICE put it about as well as you can.

as always ;)

DarthPaul
August 22nd, 2007, 01:43

- Final Fantasy VIII. I loved Final Fantasy II and III (known as IV and VI in Japan) on the SNES, and Final Fantasy VII is probably the greatest RPG that I've ever played. So when FFVIII came out I was extremely excited to play it. All of the magazine reviews (except Gamefan which ripped the game a new one) and web sites said that the game was awesome, amazing, extremely fun, one of the best games ever. So when I played it, boy was I in for a surprise. The game was horrible. Crappy story, annoying and unlikeable characters, ugly graphics, two minute long summon videos that cannot be skipped, "drawing" magic wtf?!, very limited equipment and you can only occassionally upgrade what you have wtf?, the junction system = wretched, enemies level up to keep up with you wtf?, everything that made the FF series great was totally ****ed up in this game, aside from the music which was great. Not just was the game different, but it was different in as bad of a way as one could get it to be. And the game had millions and millions of dollars spent on its development by a humongous team, and the game sucked ass. What a huge letdown that game was.

Devil May Cry 2: Probably everyone has played this game at one time or another, and you know just how inferior and lame it was, not just compared to the original DMC but as a PS2 game in general.

Actraiser 2: I was really happy to see that the sequel to one of my all time fav. games was going to be strictly action levels, as I enjoyed those a lot more than the simulation sequences in the original, though the simulation sequences were fun, just not as fun as the action levels though. But Actraiser 2 was disastrous. Well, not completely disastrous. The graphics were beautiful and the music was amazing. But the character controlled like he was always walking in quicksand, the double jump move and dive attack were terribly executed, the level designs sucked, and the game was just really really cheap and frustrating, in a really cheap way. A game that with a few tweaks could've been great but alas it sucks.

Metal Gear Solid 2: MGS was an awesome game. What made it so great was that the story, dialogue and voice acting were amazing. But in MGS2, almost all of that was ruined. Voice acting was still top notch, the graphics and sound were splendid, but the characters and story were a joke. Switching Solid Snake with Rayden shortly into the game is one of the worst storyline changes in video game history. The story was a joke and just flat out sucked. Very disappointing.

Final Fight, SNES version: Well, Final Fight arcade is one of the best, "walk around and beat people up" games of all time. Game is smooth, characters and graphics are huge, awesome two-player action, plus fighting 7 or 8 characters on the screen at once is a major blast. Well, Capcom said "Haha our port sucks but people are going to buy it anyway" when they converted the game to the SNES. Shrink down the graphics and make them just look really ugly, make the sound effects sound really tin can like, go from having up to 8 enemies on the screen at once to only a max of 3, remove the two player feature, remove Guy, remove Rolento and his factory stage, and you have just one of the worst ports in video game history. I even enjoyed Rival Turf more than this game.

Castlevania II: Ugh, i can't talk about how much this game sucks. There's so many annoying and stupid things about this game that thinking about it all just makes me sick. Those annoying invisible pitfalls, not having any bosses to fight except Drac at the end, tediousness of having to stock up on hearts, crappy dungeon and level design, boring characters to talk to, everything about the game was just bad. Well, the music was good, but other than it wouldn't be until Symphony of the Night that Konami would learn how to make a good Metroid-style Castlevania game, which is also probably the best in the series.

Other disappointing games that I really don't want to elaborate on: Stunt Race FX, Donkey Kong 64, Soldier of Fortune (Dreamcast version), Shinobi (PS2), those two god-awful Contra games on the PS1, and Super Street Fighter II and SSFII Turbo, which extremely damaged the series' popularity in the United States. If only Capcom had released Street Fighter Alpha after Street Fighter II Turbo instead of SSFII.....

You're very very wrong dude...

Sabres
August 22nd, 2007, 03:50
1. FF7 is NOT the best rpg ever, secret of mana is and i will fight anyone who disagrees

2. mgs1 was better than 2 but its still a good game.

3.you think RE4 is a bad game!? you sir are a noob

Secret of Mana is an excellent RPG, but I'd rather play FFVII any day of the week.

Regarding your third message, I don't think you even know what the word "noob" means. If I'm talking about being disappointed by games such as Final Fight SNES and Actraiser 2 when they came out, games which go back about 15 years ago, which is probably older than you are, and you are calling me a "noob", then you are just being an idiot.

Have a nice day!

shadowprophet
August 22nd, 2007, 03:55
Secret of Mana is an excellent RPG, but I'd rather play FFVII any day of the week.

Regarding your third message, I don't think you even know what the word "noob" means. If I'm talking about being disappointed by games such as Final Fight SNES and Actraiser 2 when they came out, games which go back about 15 years ago, which is probably older than you are, and you are calling me a "noob", then you are just being an idiot.

Have a nice day!

In fairness Actraiser 2 was a let down. They took away the main draw of the first game, which was the sim part. It was such a dissapointment to me. And I only played Actraiser 2 one time and never looked back.

Sorry if that offends anyone. Those are not my intentions, Actraiser 2 was just really missing something important.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 15:30

Have a nice day!

can you play FF7 with 2 friends...no
can you battle in real time in FF7...no
do you have to switch disc's in secret of mana...no
is FF7 harder than secret of mana...no
is FF7 bigger than secret of mana...no

i love FF7 but secret of mana is just a better

and yes noob was the wrong word to use i should have said twat

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 15:35
http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/scans2/lastbronx.jpg
it was a good game... yet, you get tired for a while........ yet i love it XD

paul3100
August 22nd, 2007, 15:51
Dude thats some size of pic! poor dial up'ers

paul

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 16:12
lol... ill edit it... ha ha haha

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 16:29
about the last page...ok the dude thinks some really great games were disappointing, but that is his own opinion, so let's all respect it. he was only saying what games were a disappointment to him, not being nasty...

and i also disagree with you gl. i dunno which rpg is best, but it ain't som.

shadowprophet
August 22nd, 2007, 16:34
I vote chrono trigger, For best rpg ever made *nods

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 16:40
if ocarina was counted as a proper rpg i'd say that. i will rebel actually and say something modern. oblivion is the rpg i most enjoyed. maybe ffvii, maybe dragon quest 8.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 16:42
and i also disagree with you gl. i dunno which rpg is best, but it ain't som.

:eek: thats it i'm gona fight ya now! :mad:
*removes glove and slaps gdf*

if ocarina was counted as a proper rpg i'd say that. i will rebel actually and say something modern. oblivion is the rpg i most enjoyed. maybe ffvii, maybe dragon quest 8.

Zelda is classed as adventure games.

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 16:45
why you so obsessed by som?!

anyway it is still a 10/10 game, there are just so many great rpgs. actually it it probably the most consistently brilliant genre.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 16:50
I just love the story, the battle system and the bad ass 2d sprites. Its one of my fav games of all time (but still 2nd best to zelda oot ;))

dont get me wrong i love FF7 but in my eyes it will always be 2nd best to secret of mana

Mr. Shadow
August 22nd, 2007, 16:52
To me oot was the best one storywise and how it set the seen for most all 3d zelda games, best on grapihics wise was twilight princess.

quzar
August 22nd, 2007, 16:54
ET for the Atari VCS is the only game out there that garners absolute hatred from me. As a child it was the only game I had for the system that I couldn't beat and it pissed me off. You'd do anything then fall into a hole and the FBI would come. Piece of crap.

A close second would by Gyromite for the NES, which my mother got for me at a garage sale, and I didn't know it required ROB the robot to play, so I was never able to figure it out.

Kramer
August 22nd, 2007, 16:59
A close second would by Gyromite for the NES, which my mother got for me at a garage sale, and I didn't know it required ROB the robot to play, so I was never able to figure it out.
:rofl:

I dont really have a certain game that I hate most but I really hate games that are frustrating, like stuntman where you have to do all this shit right or you fail I just go insane and feel like throwing my control at the wall then punching things.:mad:

Cap'n 1time
August 22nd, 2007, 18:02
Final fantasy VII just to spite you all.

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 18:14
lmfao!!!!!!!

ffvii is one of the best, and even though it is the best ff by a country mile (only 6 comes close) loads of people still deny both these things!

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 18:23
and it is rated 5 out of 5 stars too

JPJunkie
August 26th, 2007, 16:12
Worms on the ps1 as I never got to play it properly as it always crashed

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2007, 18:09
Final fantasy VII just to spite you all.

Classic :rofl: you havent changed a bit bro :thumbup:

Gizmo356
August 26th, 2007, 19:04
I love this game because you get to dress up a sexy chick!

Dress up game :)

http://www.projectanime.com/sailormoon/paper_doll.jpg

gdf
August 26th, 2007, 21:01
Wow dude, how...tasteful...

Shadowblind
August 26th, 2007, 21:25

Leon tried to hard. The protagonist sucked.

Im sorry but Final Fantasy is possibly the WORST RPG chain in existance. WTF makes an RPG these days? Playing as some half-a**ed character who always gets the dead girl? A possible decent game ruined by crap for a battle system.

RPG=Role Playing Game. I imagine an RPG as where you CHOOSE who your gonna be, what you'll became. Such as perfect examples for Fable, Black and White, even Bioshock.

Final Fantasy TELLS you what you'll be, what you'll do. At best its an adventure game with absolutely no strategy whatsoever. hit, get hit. Shoot, get shot. Punch, miss, then get shot. Try to dodge? Ha,ha, no. I dont think so. What, you thought FF characters could move their legs? Unthinkable!

Amazing fun.

Mr. Shadow
August 26th, 2007, 21:50
Leon tried to hard. The protagonist sucked.

Im sorry but Final Fantasy is possibly the WORST RPG chain in existance. WTF makes an RPG these days? Playing as some half-a**ed character who always gets the dead girl? A possible decent game ruined by crap for a battle system.
RPG=Role Playing Game. I imagine an RPG as where you CHOOSE who your gonna be, what you'll became. Such as perfect examples for Fable, Black and White, even Bioshock.

Final Fantasy TELLS you what you'll be, what you'll do. At best its an adventure game with absolutely no strategy whatsoever. hit, get hit. Shoot, get shot. Punch, miss, then get shot. Try to dodge? Ha,ha, no. I dont think so. What, you thought FF characters could move their legs? Unthinkable!

Amazing fun[/COLOR][/SIZE].

And to top it all off im still waiting for the (final fantasy" im serious how many games are goin to be made before we see the "final fantasy.?":rofl:

SSaxdude
August 26th, 2007, 22:31
Runescape. I saw some friends playing it and I thought it was the biggest pile of crap I'd ever seen. I told them they would be hating the game in a month or two, but they never believed me.

Why do I hate it? It's so pointless. All you do is mine for things and fish. Wow, I think I would rather play in the middle of the street. Plus everybody that played it were little kids. Even if you became really good at Runescape, what's the point? You can beat 8 year olds at a goddamn computer game, congratulations. Get a life people!

parkermauney
August 26th, 2007, 22:47
WoW, and any game like it.

I've never played it, but it looks like it sucks.

gdf
August 27th, 2007, 00:00
but mmorpgs are teh pwn!

Shadowblind
August 27th, 2007, 02:07
Phantasy Star Online (the first one) IS THE BEST mmorpg I've ever player. And yeah Mr. Shadow, I've wondered that too :D

Bear in mind they not only have 13 Final Fantasies but tons and tons of little Final Fantasy games that suck almost as bad as the 3D ones.

gunntims0103
August 27th, 2007, 02:31
My least favorite video game is the Sim's because i find it disturbing!

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 10:00
My least favorite video game is the Sim's because i find it disturbing!

I completely forgot about The Sims, the Pet one is even weirder than the others. The best thing to do on The Sims is to build a 3x3 walled room (no door) and add a Fridge a Cooker and a Sofa, then watch the place burn and soon after when the Sim is dead watch the Grim Reaper claim the Sim...

...Thus adding at least something to the game! http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/images/smilies/nc-evillaugh.gif

JPJunkie
August 27th, 2007, 10:53
I completely forgot about The Sims, the Pet one is even weirder than the others. The best thing to do on The Sims is to build a 3x3 walled room (no door) and add a Fridge a Cooker and a Sofa, then watch the place burn and soon after when the Sim is dead watch the Grim Reaper claim the Sim...

...Thus adding at least something to the game! http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/images/smilies/nc-evillaugh.gif

Yeah I have done that!
But you can go up to the grim reaper with another sim and click on him, you have the option to plea for the sim to come back to life.

If your plea is accepted they will come back as a green sim or a normal one for some reason.

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 11:38
Yeah I have done that!
But you can go up to the grim reaper with another sim and click on him, you have the option to plea for the sim to come back to life.

If your plea is accepted they will come back as a green sim or a normal one for some reason.

I will never plea for my Sims, I like the fact that they die by getting taken by the Grim Reaper and I get tombstones as FREE ornaments! lol :p

Mr. Shadow
August 27th, 2007, 11:41
Phantasy Star Online (the first one) IS THE BEST mmorpg I've ever player. And yeah Mr. Shadow, I've wondered that too :D

Bear in mind they not only have 13 Final Fantasies but tons and tons of little Final Fantasy games that suck almost as bad as the 3D ones.

13? SO WHERE THE **** IS THE FINAL FANTASY?:mad:

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 11:55
13? SO WHERE THE **** IS THE FINAL FANTASY?:mad:

They all happen in different time line paradoxes, so as far as each game is concerned it's possibly the FINAL for them as in each game there are "NEW CHARACTERS" duh! :rolleyes:

Mr. Shadow
August 27th, 2007, 11:57
really? Wow i get it now, though i still don't like the game.

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 13:15
really? Wow i get it now, though i still don't like the game.

What I said makes some sense, as there really is no sequels to Final Fantasy (except X2). And no characters cross from one final fantasy to the next (chocobos do thou, but they don't count as they're an animal), plus they all seem to take place at different stages of time - for example: Cloud from FFVII would never walk into Vivi from FFIX or Tidus from FFX or anyone from the other games in the series (except for maybe on Kingdom of Hearts - but that's outside of Final Fantasy and into Disney) :cool:

Shadowblind
August 27th, 2007, 13:37
Technically still the executive producers kinda managed that fro KH. The only thing I ask of the FF crew is to actually make a decent game that has a battle system, instead of whatever you call that turn based crap. Dont get me wrong, turn based battle is fine, but they just fail at it.

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 14:13
Technically still the executive producers kinda managed that fro KH. The only thing I ask of the FF crew is to actually make a decent game that has a battle system, instead of whatever you call that turn based crap. Dont get me wrong, turn based battle is fine, but they just fail at it.

Turn Based Battle Sequences are actually quite good if your used to them, the most recent RPG I got my hands on to play is Valhalla Knights and the battle system is ok (all characters fight at the same time) but it's just not as good as the battle system from the Final Fantasy series.

Cap'n 1time
August 27th, 2007, 17:57
The last good final fantasy game was FF2(US) or FF4. I enjoyed the fan translation of FF5 too.

VampDude
August 27th, 2007, 18:23
The last good final fantasy game was FF2(US) or FF4. I enjoyed the fan translation of FF5 too.

FF2 is re-released on PSP, I have the first FF re-release on PSP and it's much better than the original on the NES :D

FF2 will be the next installment of the re-releases I'm going to get for the PSP (when I've completed the first game) :)

gdf
August 27th, 2007, 20:24
The original FF was called so because it was Square's last shot at creating a successful game before they went bust. It was so phenominally popular that they made more than enough money to continue and they made a sequel.

Bevvie
August 28th, 2007, 09:54
The oriignal streets of rage for the Sega Megadrive.

No! You just made me die inside a little. :(

Anyway, my least favourite game I own is... Spiceworld. No idea how I came to aquire it, but I did.

lmtlmt
August 28th, 2007, 10:55
hey what happened to my post in this thread?

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 16:41
No! You just made me die inside a little. :(

Anyway, my least favourite game I own is... Spiceworld. No idea how I came to aquire it, but I did.

You probably found it in Woolworths for 50p! lol :p

Cap'n 1time
August 28th, 2007, 16:45
FF2 is re-released on PSP, I have the first FF re-release on PSP and it's much better than the original on the NES :D

FF2 will be the next installment of the re-releases I'm going to get for the PSP (when I've completed the first game) :)

I dont know this for sure, but it's probably the Japanese FF2. FF2 != FF2(US). I should probably just call it FF4 to prevent confusion.

There is an FF4 (FF2(US)) coming out for the DS in the style of FF3.. hopefully it wont suck as bad as FF3 apparently did though.

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2007, 17:41
I have a new worst game in my collection.
It is called far cry vengence for the wii.
It was only eight bucks, still I feel I could have spent that money on something better like maybe a a glow in the dark vanilla ice figurine or something. :(

Mr. Shadow
August 31st, 2007, 17:46
what was bad about it?

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2007, 17:48
what was bad about it?
the game was so rushed, the graphics are substandard gamecube, low res everything. The entire game looks like it was designed by mr.magoo :(
It's so bad comparted to the x-box version, I regret the eight dollars I spent on it.

Oh well, eight dollar wii game, lol I got every pennys worth :rofl:

JPJunkie
August 31st, 2007, 17:49
I will never plea for my Sims, I like the fact that they die by getting taken by the Grim Reaper and I get tombstones as FREE ornaments! lol :p

Yeah and you can sell them!

Mr. Shadow
August 31st, 2007, 17:52
I feel the Wii games are kinda rushed somethimes.

ICE
August 31st, 2007, 19:04
I have a new worst game in my collection.
It is called far cry vengence for the wii.
It was only eight bucks, still I feel I could have spent that money on something better like maybe a a glow in the dark vanilla ice figurine or something. :(

i heard it controlled decently but looked like total crap. that sound about right?

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2007, 19:13
i heard it controlled decently but looked like total crap. that sound about right?
Ive been playing it for about an hour now. if you can think maybe 007 on the n64. you pretty much have the graphics down :(
but game play wise. thats another story.
after getting into it, its quite fun to play I found :cool:

SO I guess drakken is back to being my wost game now :D

VampDude
August 31st, 2007, 19:50
I dont know this for sure, but it's probably the Japanese FF2. FF2 != FF2(US). I should probably just call it FF4 to prevent confusion.

There is an FF4 (FF2(US)) coming out for the DS in the style of FF3.. hopefully it wont suck as bad as FF3 apparently did though.

Wonder why the DS gets FF 3 + 4, whereas the PSP only gets 1 + 2?

You just confused the hell out've me with the FF4 (FF2(US)) stuff, FF4 is FF2 in the US??? :confused:

SnesR0X
August 31st, 2007, 20:03
Hopefully this will help

http://youtube.com/v/OEVzPCY2T-g

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2007, 20:24
Hopefully this will help

:rofl: thats hellaciously funny :rofl:

VampDude
August 31st, 2007, 21:23
James the Nintendo Nerd rules, but he really is a nerd thou! lol :p

SnesR0X
September 1st, 2007, 05:42
:rofl: thats hellaciously funny :rofl:

This, is the sole purpose that youtube was created for.:cool:

gdf
September 1st, 2007, 20:29
Wonder why the DS gets FF 3 + 4, whereas the PSP only gets 1 + 2?

You just confused the hell out've me with the FF4 (FF2(US)) stuff, FF4 is FF2 in the US??? :confused:

And FFVI was FFIII bizzarley.

Triv1um
September 1st, 2007, 20:47
Ridge Racer annoys me.

Also, I hate splinter cell.

pibs
September 1st, 2007, 20:51
Excalibur 2555AD worst game in existance
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/197252/exca2555_screen001.jpg

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2007, 20:52
Ridge Racer annoys me.

Also, I hate splinter cell.
what can I say, The mans right. Those are two awful series.

gdf
September 2nd, 2007, 10:22
Seriously....How can you hate RR and Splinter Cell? Maybe some people are disgruntled that the PS3 conversion of Double Agent was piss poor? :p

And you could at least call them some names, such as Sphincter Cell.

Triv1um
September 2nd, 2007, 13:22
Oh, and also this is going to cause a stir.

I hate halo!

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 13:46

I hate halo!
There are quite a few people around that think halo is over hyped. especially in this post modern era of gears of war and bioshock.:cool:

Two games that for as popular as they are, I feel are still under hyped. Seriously great stuff compared to crappy old halo.

halo doesnt stand alone anymore, it has a lot of compitition these days, Bout time too.

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 14:38

I hate halo!

There are quite a few people around that think halo is over hyped. especially in this post modern era of gears of war and bioshock.:cool:

Two games that for as popular as they are, I feel are still under hyped. Seriously great stuff compared to crappy old halo.

halo doesnt stand alone anymore, it has a lot of compitition these days, Bout time too.

Halo I think was the selling point of the original Xbox (don't know why), at the time the game seemed cool but the sequels are over the top (aren't they almost the same game - just a new storyline or something?). I have never purchased or played a Halo game, there are many better online multiplayer games to choose from thesedays.

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 16:13
Halo I think was the selling point of the original Xbox (don't know why), at the time the game seemed cool but the sequels are over the top (aren't they almost the same game - just a new storyline or something?). I have never purchased or played a Halo game, there are many better online multiplayer games to choose from thesedays.
Is that I have been a shooter fan since freaken doom 1. To have all these noobs to the genre tell me halo was the "best shooter ever made" I wont deny it was good. But the hype of it all sickened me..

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2007, 20:04
Is that I have been a shooter fan since freaken doom 1. To have all these noobs to the genre tell me halo was the "best shooter ever made" I wont deny it was good. But the hype of it all sickened me..

I agree... Everyone knows that the new Unreal Tournament will be the best shooter ever made.
/me ducks. :p

But seriously, Halo is a very good game... but it does nothing innovative in my opinion. The only thing above average about the game is the music. The story line COULD be one to remember depending on the conclusion. Still, i'm much more excited about the next UT :p .

Shadowblind
September 2nd, 2007, 20:24
The original Halo when it first came out was really something quite new. It blended so many features and a great storyline so well, it was spectacular. Plus, the only game in my opinion that beat Halo multiplayer-wise was Time Splitters Future Perfect.

Now Halo 2, sheesh....It had great new features but the story was BLEH!

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 20:29

It doesn't take too much thesedays for a game to become over hyped, yet sadly this is the new age of gaming and kids will go totally spastic over a game that's possibly received a good feedback by a reviewer and a few other gamers. I always stay far away from the crowd and avoid over hyped games, because the hype is just like saying "YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME, BUY IT OR YOUR UNCOOL" which I've seen similar comments left about games from users who review games they've played on their blogs. I don't understand why or even where the hype comes from, some games are just purely crap.

The best game I have on the Saturn is Panzer Dragoon Saga, it was the best game on the Sega Saturn - but you can already tell before I finish typing what happened - it was the best game released for the dead console and before it would even receive a slightest of hype it was forgotten (and now one of the the three or four most expensive Saturn games).

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 22:00
I agree... Everyone knows that the new Unreal Tournament will be the best shooter ever made.
/me ducks. :p

But seriously, Halo is a very good game... but it does nothing innovative in my opinion. The only thing above average about the game is the music. The story line COULD be one to remember depending on the conclusion. Still, i'm much more excited about the next UT :p .

Unreal Tournament was great, As far as depth and story, Ut was was superior to halo in my opinion.

pibs
September 2nd, 2007, 22:06
Unreal Tournament was great, As far as depth and story, Ut was was superior to halo in my opinion.

Finaly someone who agrees with me! Ut is such a great game, its no wonder why games like stranglehold and bioshock are being built on the Unreal engine.

Shadowblind
September 2nd, 2007, 22:22
Finaly someone who agrees with me! Ut is such a great game, its no wonder why games like stranglehold and bioshock are being built on the Unreal engine.

...and Gears of War, and Rainbow Six Vegas, and Final inertia :D

Mr. Shadow
September 2nd, 2007, 22:37

I hate halo!

Me to, i don't do the halo.:rofl: