PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper Killer

wraggster
August 21st, 2007, 19:59
Mastertop101 (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4591.0.html) posted this release into the Neoflash Coding Contest:

Sleeper Killer is basically an alarm clock with special features meant limit the amount of time you waste by sleeping.
(SUPPORTS MOTION)

According to some studies, some periods of sleeping are a total waste of time. When you're awake in your bed for example, you aren't replenishing at all, therefore, the famous snooze function of your alarm clock is actually useless, ideally, you should wake up as soon as you're awake, else, you're wasting precious time. My application is meant to make the use of the snooze function an especially boring task, for this, you have 2 choices ;

1st choice is the NDS motion mode :
In this mode, you must have a motion enabled device (NDS motion, DS motion pak, neoflash R6 gold, neoflash MK6) and when you want to put the alarm clock on snooze (which stops the alarm sound for 3 minutes), you must turn your DS as you would turn a steerwheel 4 times and the next time you want to use the snooze function you will need to make 4 more turns.

2nd choice is the mathematics mode :
In this mode, you will have to do 4 mathematics calculations to put the alarm clock on snooze (which stops the alarm sound for 3 minutes) and the next time you want to use the snooze function, you will need to make 4 more calculations

Plus, studies have proven that over sleeping is a waste of time to since the last hours of sleeping are the least useful therefore, there are 2 options to set the alarm;
1st choice is the duration mode :
In this mode, you won't wake up at a fixed time like every other alarm clock, but you'll only sleep for a fixed duration (example : sleep for 8 hours)

2nd choice mode :
This is the normal mode, the clock will ring at the time you set it to.

Some additionnal infos :
There's a hidden alarm music (by default it is a classic 'Beep, Beep, Beep'); press L and Bottom on the D-Pad or R and B while on the first menu to use this alarm music : a jungle sound effects based music.

The screen lights will automatically turn off if the alarm isn't ringing, you can turn them on by touching (and holding) your finger or stylus on the screen.

More info about sleep (sleep periods, optimal amount of sleeping, etc.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep

Learn about polypasic sleep (a sleeping method which permits sleeping as less as 4 hours per night)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

Download this application and start saving time every day !

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hypershell
August 21st, 2007, 21:51
Studies have shown that I don't give a rat's butt what other people think of my sleeping habits. Yes, I have three alarms, and I enjoy sleeping in on weekends, sue me.

Mini Moose
October 7th, 2007, 07:38
Wow! This is a fantastic application! I especially love the idea of having to do mathematical equations to stop the alarm. I'm DEFIANTLY going to be using this on weekdays. Thank you very much!

cal360
October 7th, 2007, 09:50
I'll try to use it, but when i'm half awake and it tells me to do maths sums i'll probably just turn my DS off then go back to sleep.

Sigma83
December 24th, 2007, 07:12
lol, this is so hilarious hah. I wish it was only one math question,but still great. Those are hard questions too! Nice app ;)

Roxyana
January 11th, 2011, 07:00
I'm contemplating buying a flash cart just to put this on my friend's DS xD;
As for me, I'll be using it on school days. This is awesome.