PDA

View Full Version : Arm Wrestling game recalled in Japan

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 23:13
via Kokatu (http://kotaku.com)

Who knew Sylvester Stallone's 1987 arm wrestling film Over The Top would have such a deep effect on the popularity of the sport? In Japan they've downright passionate about it...so much so that Atlus is having to recall 150 of its Arm Spirit arm wrestling simulator arcade games after three people broke their arms playing it. Now that's dedication. What kind of hunter-destroyer robot are we dealing with?

"The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it," said Atlus spokeswoman Ayano Sakiyama, calling the recall "a precaution."

Even women? Wow, that must be a pretty weak machine. Hey, she said it, not me. Opponents in the game range from a French maid to a chihuahua to the end boss, a professional wrestler. I'm betting the chihuahua is the culprit here. Sneaky little bastards, chihuahuas.

VampDude
August 21st, 2007, 23:49
It just goes to show how weak some people are, and for it to break arms I reckon that they were not in the correct position because I highly doubt that arm wrestling machines could normally break peoples arms as they've been around for years and I don't think there has ever been such incidences like this before?

And if it breaks arms, then so be it. Because you can break your wrist in an actual arm wrestle, and the machine is simulating something real (thou it's not actually supposed to harm anyone) lol

Adrenalin
August 22nd, 2007, 12:45
lol cool! i want one!